On the right are a few extra projects I've completed, most The second story, called “Vulcan’s Vengeance,” is the first story not to adapt an Original Series story. In 2258, the U.S.S. Archon, a starship that disappeared a century earlier. When their deity shows up, Sulu’s team and the Enterprise have a clash with the Prime Directive. Then, in “Scotty,” we see how a young Montgomery Scott found his interest in engineering. IDW's miniseries were all treated as wholes except their anthology miniseries: Alien Spotlight  and Captain's Log. So with New Frontier some of the flashbacks are presented as separate portions of the list. They've included 18 volumes of comic books (84 comic issues in total). are definite contradictions in the lists I've compiled. Volume 8 features three stories. Star Trek stories have been released in print and comic form. How do I match both upper and lower case letters using regex in bash? Features. Is it safe to look at a mercury gas discharge tube? The pod’s occupant, Kalara, claims her ship is stranded on the planet Altamid, located past the dangerous and unexplored nebula. The majority of all these can be ignored, or explained away Star Trek: Enterprise. Star Trek vs. Transformers. These Slayton and start their own investigation. The story also explores whether Kirk’s contact with Khan’s blood will have repercussions in the future. This is Starfleet’s first and only Humanoid Mainframe Interface, Science Officer 0718. Captain Kirk and his crew violate the Prime Directive when saving the native tribes people from an impending volcanic eruption. The name Franklin is also a reference to director Justin Lin’s father, Frank Lin. The U.S.S. Meanwhile, Romulan elements see this as the opportune moment to snuff out the Vulcans…. 1. Kirk, McCoy, and Chekov are reassigned to the U.S.S. Much of my process of figuring out the timeline of the various series was recorded on the TrekBBS. Only specific issues of these anthologies are included. When the Enterprise crew disembarks on Starbase Yorktown, you can hear the Starbase’s communication system call out the Federation starship NCC-2893. mistakes. These scenes have had a bumpy road getting to home media. referenced the show. scale Star Trek ship model collection, and an page where I log all the The U.S.S. Following that we are transported to a Mirror Kelvin Timeline where there is no Federation of Planets but a Terran Empire, and where Mirror Spock is captain of the ISS Enterprise. My BNO passport lists my other passports under "observations." To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Marvel's series of Star Trek comics began in 1979 with an adaptation of Star Trek: The Motion Picture and continued for another two years. A guide to Star Trek comics and graphic novels published in the United States and elsewhere with brief plot summaries and cover images (or more than you ever needed to know about Star Trek comics). Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. Eventually, this gender-swapped crew encounters another Enterprise – the Enterprise of Captain James Tiberius Kirk. were eventually linked together through references and shared It’s now 2259, a year after the events in Star Trek, and we meet the Enterprise crew on the primitive planet Niburu. Most importantly, this comic explains how Khan goes from being a Sikh, as portrayed by Ricardo Montalban in the Prime Timeline, to the very English Benedict Cumberbatch in the Kelvin Timeline. Keep in mind this is simply my interpretation of Star Trek continuity. It might be best to read this comic after seeing Star Trek, as it’s quite spoiler heavy. This story has a lot of connections to The Next Generation era. I am adding dozens of listings a day. written with modern continuity as their backdrop. “Live Evil” finds its inspiration in The Original Series season 2 episode “Mirror, Mirror.” When the Enterprise gets caught in an ion storm everything seems normal afterwards, until the Enterprise encounters a planet that hails them as the Imperial flagship. Leonard Nimoy fell into a coma on February 25, 2015, and died February 27, 2015, at the age of 83 of complications from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Wouldn't a Star Trek mirror universe become unrecognisable within a few generations? Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. ), My Brother's Keeper, Book 2: Constitution, The Peril of Planet Quick Change: The Creatures of Light, The Peril of Planet Quick Change: The Sinister Guest, Year Five: The Mission Who Walks Like a Man. The Enterprise encounters a group of Vulcan scientists who want to create a new Vulcan home planet. Actually, the comic takes a deleted scene of Nero on a Klingon prison planet and expands upon it. Which order should I read the Humble Bundle IDW Star Trek comics in? quite large. Unravel the Mysteries … linking both bodies of work, though of course with continuity difficulties. ( TNG movie: Nemesis) DS9 - Begins after the final episode of the series. updates to the site, for those interested in see what is new and what At firstthe IMAX version of the movie, which removes the black bars on the top and bottom of your screen, was only available on iTunes. “I, Enterprise” explains. Scotty is teaching at Starfleet Academy in San Francisco. 1. In April 2013, Paramount Digital Entertainment and Namco Bandai published Star Trek, a video game developed by Digital Extremes for PC, Xbox 360, and Playstation 3. sometimes shared between the two series. My goal here was to include everything possible, STAR TREK LIMITED BOX. The TOS reading list stops at the Doctor Carol Marcus has joined the crew, and Spock has come under the influence of the Vulcan mating condition known as “Pon Farr.” This calls for a detour to New Vulcan, where Spock’s girlfriend Uhura finds a nasty surprise waiting. It also means the five-year mission is almost three years underway, which might be a reference to the three live-action seasons the show got. Jeff Ayers and lots of research done on my own, with the Memory-Beta timeline being a very important resource. Lit-verse, but were specifically intended to strike their own paths, paths TNG - Begins after the death of Data. Medium: comic, issues 35 to 40 (2014, 2015). first decades, the majority of these were standalone stories that only By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. 4. 1 - Continuing adventures of JJ Trek crew, in TOS-inspired stories. The passing of Leonard Nimoy is addressed in the movie, as Spock learns of the news. Enjoy, everyone! Star Trek: Countdown to Darkness - prequel to "Into Darkness". I recently purchased the Humble Star Trek Bundle (presented by IDW). The Barco Escape Star Trek Beyond trailer on the Barco Escape YouTube channel gives you an idea of what this experience is like. Why is betareg() giving "invalid dependent variable" error? these continuity connections was both the inspiration of and basis for There is a black lining to the movie, as two stars from the series died before release. Endeavour, and Sulu is reassigned to the U.S.S. Preview: Star Trek: Year Five #15 Features. Strange New Worlds was forced to break this rule though. whole (for those only reading that series.) What could cause SQL Server to deny execution of a SP at first, but allow it later with no privileges change? own personal 'Q'uandary  from New Frontier: No Limits is essentially a TNG story and is included in that reading list, but for those only reading NF, the entire No Limits anthology is listed there as well. All of these stories do have references to elements from the When the Enterprise travels to the planet, they are greeted by a powerful, hostile force. This means that most of the main characters are now female. Star Trek: Year Five - Odyssey’s End. I know hover text It’s still a work in progress, so if an era you are looking for you don’t see, just be patient. The email will only be created once you click on the "Send Email" button. is, not even the shows themselves are free of continuity errors, some STAR TREK LIT-VERSE. The major Lit-only series, New Frontier, SCE, Gorkon, Titan, Vanguard, Mirror Universe,  and Myriad Universes also have their own pages. Why isn’t Kirk’s Enterprise not called the Enterprise-A then? But this release doesn’t have the 3D version of Star Trek Into Darkness. The easiest way to include Stargazer, The Lost Era, and Also included here is the Myriad Universes In the Submit. In the Kelvin Timeline, this is still true. Franklin and its crew are not only a call back to the Star Trek: Enterprise era, but the Franklin’s registry number NX-326 is also a reference to Leonard Nimoy’s birthday of March 26th. Many recent TOS novels have included elements of Starting here, with more to come in the future. The story of the comic chronicles the “Mudd incident” that is mentioned in Star Trek Into Darkness and explains how they got that ship they use to go to Qo’noS. I'm fairly sure that the stories are 'more or less' self contained, and unlike the Transformers series a month ago, Star Trek novels and comics have always been 'vignettes' or glimpses into the untold stories between the various series and films. Producer J.J. Abrams has stated that Chekov would not be recast, but written out of the story, after the untimely death of Anton Yelchin. Medium: TV show, seasons 1 to 4 (2001-2005) The adventures of the Enterprise NX-01 crew, led by Captain Jonathan Archer … a specific challenge in that much back story had to be presented to get More thanks to all the TrekBBS members who contributed to these discussions, first among whom I would like to thank Christopher (author Christopher L. Bennett). The crewmembers have been reassigned or have taken a leave from Starfleet. SERIES. In “Bones,” written by Mike Johnson and F. Leonard Johnson, we learn how Dr. Leonard McCoy ended up in that shuttle Kirk boards early on in Star Trek. Make a minimal and maximal 2-digit number from digits of two 3-digit numbers. I'm fairly sure that the stories are 'more or less' self contained, and unlike the Transformers series a month ago, Star Trek novels and comics have always been 'vignettes' or glimpses into the untold stories between the various series and films. All seems fine until Gaila and Kai’s past comes knocking. This causes the minds of crewmembers to swap bodies. The Enterprise is about to embark on the five-year mission into unknown space, picking up the last new crew members at a starbase, including, to the surprise of Hikaru Sulu, engineering officer Yuki Sulu, his younger sister. Creating new Help Center documents for Review queues: Project overview, Feature Preview: New Review Suspensions Mod UX. Overseen by writer/producer Roberto Orci and written by Mike Johnson, the Star Trek comic from IDW gives us Kelvin Timeline versions of Prime Timeline Star Trek: The Original Series stories. Yes, in the Kelvin timeline there is an Enterprise between the NX-01 Enterprise and the U.S.S. Released in the year of Star Trek’s 50th Anniversary, there are multiple hints to the past of the franchise. The cadets we met in Star Trek: Starfleet Academy return and are joined by Star Trek Beyond’s Jaylah. Enterprise’s five-year mission, a reference to 1966, the year that Star Trek: The Original Series first premiered on television screens. While these novels by definition do not take place in the disregarded. Special cases were The Lives of Dax  and No Limits. novels have taken place in a shared continuity in which the events of His work in compiling at least two-thirds of I included only specifically referenced issues. Q visits Ambassador Jean-Luc Picard on the U.S.S. Star Trek is one of the largest media tie-ins around, next to Star Wars novelizations. I also want to build a "Simple following it. Various references in parts of the Marvel Untold Voyages series, IDW's New Visions: Issue #5, the Wildstorm Star Trek Special, the DC Series 2 Special #2, and the anthology New Worlds, New Civilizations connect While we are on the subject of Lin’s family, his son, Oqwe Lin, is briefly seen as a green alien child when the Enterprise enters the Starbase Yorktown.