Whether you’re lucky enough to have A/C or not, this cake is definitely worth turning on the oven! Add oil. Or should I use a basic buttercream instead? I’m on the hunt for a great one. Here’s a link to the strawberry jello mix I buy- https://www.amazon.com/Jell-O-Gelatin-Strawberry-3-oz/dp/B0041IM7VM/, Your email address will not be published. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks. package strawberry Jello 1 scant Tablespoon flour Pinch baking powder 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar 3/4 cup vegetable oil 4 eggs 1/2 cup water 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, finely dicedFor the frosting: 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature 2-2 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar Pinch salt 1 teaspoon vanilla extractInstructionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees. Scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl. Surely, I’d be fine without air conditioning. Frost immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. It’s back in the post now. All Rights Reserved. Would that destroy the cake? waiting anxiously for my cake disks! Buttermilk and other “wet” ingredients better blend together and are better absorbed by the dry ingredients when they’re at room temperature – which helps the cake to rise more evenly. NO HUMIDITY! I live abroad and we only have plain gelatin powder (which we have to moisten first) or gelatin leaves (which we have to soak and squeeze…) .. Finally, stir in the fresh strawberries and water. Thank you for sharing! I’m wanted to ask can I make my own cake flour? ","position":2,"name":"In a large bowl whisk together cake mix,...","url":"https:\/\/neighborfoodblog.com\/2016\/05\/easy-strawberry-cake-with-cream-cheese-frosting.html#mv_create_536_2"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Pour into greased and floured baking pan or pans and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. For the most accurate calculation, I always recommend running the numbers yourself with the specific products you use. Same thing. When my previous coworkers celebrated birthdays, they always requested this cake. The Mr. and I bought a lovely old home almost six years ago. It helps to make the cake a little less sweet actually. With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and the buttermilk, starting and ending with the flour mixture. It’s close though, Would love your recipe for the original strawberry purée filling too! Get my free cake decorating guide! Is the frosting sturdy enough to be covered with fondant? I’m Courtney, and I’m so happy to have you here! It appears I accidentally deleted the recipe when I was making a revision. I prefer to make a naked strawberry cake, partly because I’m lazy, and partly because I love the way the pink color peeks through. Continue to add the sugar until the frosting is thick but spreadable and as sweet as you like it. Stir in the salt and vanilla. Happy dance at high altitude. Frost immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.NotesTo bake in a 9 x 13 inch pan, simply grease and flour the pan, add the batter and bake for 33-38 minutes or until top springs back with touched.Nutrition Information: Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1 Amount Per Serving: Calories: 491Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 221mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 0gSugar: 45gProtein: 4gPlease note nutritional information for my recipes is calculated by a third party service and provided as a courtesy to my readers. With the mixer on low, gradually add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, until incorporated. Stir in water and fresh strawberries and beat. Thank you for this great recipe I am looking forward to trying it and I am ure the gelatib makes all the difference: although I am not sure what kind of gelatin you are using… is the Jello a powder? Pair strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting for the ultimate summer dessert! Do you have any idea on what I may have done to cause it or tips to avoid it in the future? Add the powdered sugar, about a 1\/2 cup at a time, beating after each addition. 1 (3 oz.) )In a large bowl whisk together cake mix, jello, flour, baking soda, and sugar. My kitchen is your kitchen. I think that’s the same thing, but I’m not sure. I left it in the fridge decorated overnight and cut the next day. With the mixer on medium speed, gradually add the egg whites, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl between each addition. The cream cheese frosting will be too soft. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Turn the mixer to medium and beat the frosting for 3-5 minutes, or until it is light in color (almost white) and texture. Stir in the salt and vanilla. Do you sift the cake flour before or after you measure it? I’ve since changed the filling and now fill the cake with more cream cheese frosting and fresh strawberries. Like really… WOW. To see if they use gelatin, you could always call and say you have an allergy to gelatin and see what they say! I made this one the day before I served it and was happy with everything. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Print IngredientsFor the cake: 1 box white cake mix (no pudding added) 1 3 oz. The bright pink color just looks so lovely as a layer cake. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. When I originally made this strawberry cake, I paired it with a strawberry puree filling. And if you’ve ever had the Cake Bar version, I’d love to know how you think it compares! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray three 8-inch or four 6-inch round cake pans with cooking spray, then place parchment rounds on the bottom and spray again. Based on my research, I knew I wanted to use flavored gelatin because it would give the cake an added punch of strawberry flavor that strawberry puree on its own didn’t seem to achieve in most recipes. I’d love to find out someday! When I need something impressive for a summer potluck, I make this cake. Also by strawberry jello do you mean the instant jelly packet which is simply to be added to lukwarm water to make jelly? I use less cream cheese than most people do, I think. Can these be made as cupcakes as well? Question: why does the buttermilk have to be room temperature? If I made this for a 3-layer 10 inch round cake, how should I multiply the recipe? I had never baked cakes before and this is my 4th one from you. I would stick with the jello. This time around, however, we had just enough time to make a stop at the Cake Bar. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth and fluffy. Sign up now. You need to make a buttercream. https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/homemade-strawberry-cake-recipe This is my absolute favorite cake for summer, and maybe of all time. Do you find that the strawberries between the layers get soggy if you make this one ahead of time? Let’s make something worth sharing! Let cool in your pans for 10 minutes and then invert onto wire cooling racks until completely cooled. I was wrong. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any questions or fill out the form below! Whisk together a yellow cake mix, strawberry jello, flour, baking soda, and sugar. I can’t find yellow cake mix where I live. I loved the cake! ","position":4,"name":"Let the cakes cool in pans for 10...","url":"https:\/\/neighborfoodblog.com\/2016\/05\/easy-strawberry-cake-with-cream-cheese-frosting.html#mv_create_536_4"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth and fluffy. This easy strawberry cake is bursting with fresh strawberry flavor and layered with a dreamy cream cheese frosting. I used three 8-inch pans and my cooking time was 22 minutes. To bake in a 9 x 13 inch pan, simply grease and flour the pan, add the batter and bake for 33-38 minutes or until top springs back with touched. I like cakes especially strawberry! I posted that on the wrong recipe! It had to be done…if not for the sake of my miserable self, at least for the sake of my marriage. If the cake is sliced, press saran wrap over the exposed sides to keep it from drying out, or cover with more frosting. All you need is some fresh strawberries on top to impress the pants off everyone who tries it. I am usually a sheet cake kind of girl (see this Carrot Sheet Cake), but I really love to make this recipe as a strawberry layer cake. You can frost it completely if you prefer. Let the cakes cool in pans for 10 minutes, then carefully remove from pans and allow to cool on a wire rack. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. They’ll get soggy if you store it too long. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Leave a review, or head over to Instagram and share a photo! Baking time should be between 22-25 minutes for the 8-inch, but make sure to check on your cakes around 22 minutes, inserting a toothpick into the top of the cake (should come out with just a few crumbs) or gently tapping the top of your cake (shouldn't jiggle, but instead, bounce back up when done). I just adore the tanginess of an amazing cream cheese frosting against the sweet strawberry cake. This cake would be a good addition to my Memorial Day table. I loved camping when I was a kid. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Strawberry cake layers with cream cheese frosting and fresh strawberries, Your email address will not be published. ","position":5,"name":"In a large mixing bowl, beat together the...","url":"https:\/\/neighborfoodblog.com\/2016\/05\/easy-strawberry-cake-with-cream-cheese-frosting.html#mv_create_536_5"}],"keywords":"easy strawberry cake, strawberry cake, strawberry cake recipe, homemade strawberry cake","nutrition":{"@type":"NutritionInformation","calories":"491 calories","carbohydrateContent":"49 grams carbohydrates","cholesterolContent":"103 milligrams cholesterol","fatContent":"32 grams fat","fiberContent":"0 grams fiber","proteinContent":"4 grams protein","saturatedFatContent":"12 grams saturated fat","servingSize":"1","sodiumContent":"221 grams sodium","sugarContent":"45 grams sugar","transFatContent":"1 grams trans fat","unsaturatedFatContent":"17 grams unsaturated fat"},"aggregateRating":{"@type":"AggregateRating","ratingValue":4.79999999999999982236431605997495353221893310546875,"reviewCount":"2"},"url":"https:\/\/neighborfoodblog.com\/2016\/05\/easy-strawberry-cake-with-cream-cheese-frosting.html"} Easy Strawberry Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Yield: 14 Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes This easy strawberry cake is bursting with fresh strawberry flavor and layered with a dreamy cream cheese frosting. Mix for another 2 minutes on medium speed. Thanks! Please note nutritional information for my recipes is calculated by a third party service and provided as a courtesy to my readers. Amazing what an extra 3 tablespoons of cake flour will do! According to the official food blog calendar, I should be here today with a fresh and healthy summer salad to help us all get ready for bikini season.