Here’s the crust recipe: I have always made the Libby’s Pumpkin Pie recipe. If you wish to email me instead, please click here. Great information! If you can tolerate dairy then whole milk is a great replacement for evaporated milk in a recipe, especially in pumpkin pie. No markets. Start by combining the brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl. I NEVER do and while I currently use either cream or half and half, I have even made pies using skim milk and nobody could tell the difference. Today we are making pumpkin pie from scratch. Be sure to stop by to see your feature and say hi - see you there!Melissa | Little Frugal Homestead, Brilliant tip! Whole Milk. :-). Your email address will not be published. What I’ve learned this week about homemade pumpkin puree: I am going to burst the bubble of every homesteader raising pie pumpkins everywhere with my next words…. Does anyone have experience with it? I’m trying hard to get all processed foods out of my family’s diet. I found evaporated coconut milk at the grocery store. Very good to know! The pumpkin bread from the homemade puree was better; I thought the pie would be a land-slide in the favor of homemade puree. - Whole Milk, 2% Milk, 1% Milk OR Skim Milk (Fat free):Substitute 1½ cups milk for one 12-oz. I can't tell you how many times I've been all set to make a pumpkin pie and felt I had to rush out to get evaporated milk. Actually, milk is 13% solids and 87% liquid. Clean, real-food meal plans that delight! Evaporated milk is cow's milk that's been heat-treated to remove about 60% of the water, which makes it more concentrated as well as shelf-stable. Take care, stay well, and I wish you a wonderful week! Refrigerate overnight or until ready to serve; cover and refrigerate leftovers. Thanks for sharing at Good Morning Mondays. Love it! Add the pumpkin and mix until smooth and completely combined. The homemade versions are healthier and usually taste better. But every recipe we've ever read for pumpkin pie requires a can of evaporated milk. Thank you.Fern. Pour the pie filling into an unbaked pie crust. No worrying about whether or not the grocery store will be out of this necessary ingredient. You have been set FREE, my friend! I thought that perhaps, the reason the two pumpkin breads were so similar was due to the amount of other ingredients. It's creamy, pumpkin-y and wonderful. Most grocery stores are closed, although the trend these days is that some are open in the morning, but I think that's unfair to the employees. A little digging around the web and looking at lots of pumpkin pie recipes, I discovered Yes! Bake 425 for 15 minutes then turn the heat down to 350 for 50 minutes to 1 hour. I'm Kathi, follower of Jesus Christ, gardener, horse-lover, and goat-keeper. Thanks for sharing at the Homestead Blog Hop! I know how my pumpkins were raised and processed. Be sure to check your inbox or spam folder. Let cool & serve with a dollop of whip cream.