I live in the SF Bay Area and went into my local Asian market to find the black vinegar. It looks fabulous! Meat sauce freezes well, meaning you can make enough for several more meals and store the sauce in your freezer until you are ready to use it. Thanks for the gluten-free suggestions. Order your bowl today for $10 off + free shipping! If you want to get first shot at them, just enter your info below. Set aside. Simmer for 5 minutes on medium-low heat. Any thoughts would be helpful. My hopes is that for those of you who do try to make this dish will be able to enjoy it and fall in love with it just as much as I have. My mom makes the best Taiwanese minced pork sauce, people who’ve tried it can never forget about it. Currently scarfing down a second helping of this. Then you’ll want to add in the light and dark soy sauce and water. While the pork mixture is simmer on the stove top, take the fried shallots and crush them with a mortar and pestle to a paste. Once the oil is hot enough, you’ll want to add in the minced garlic and cook it until they start to sizzle and smells fragrant. But other than that, it is pretty straight forward. Has anyone tried it with the ground turkey or chicken? Didn’t have any bamboo shoots, but couldn’t wait so subbed celery which worked out. yireservation.com/recipes/taiwanese-minced-pork-sauce-over-rice We loved the little bit of sweetness and the savoryness of the pork + the spices = fuhgetaboutit out of this world!!! I was looking for an authentic Taiwanese recipe and was sorely disappointed with this one. Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below! Push aside the onion and ground beef to one side of the wok to create a small spot to fry the garlic. Steamy Kitchen is our family blog. This should take around 1 to 2 hours. Pork mince, added a green capsicum, fried egg on top (I know right) & a little Tonkotsu garlic / chili oil to finish. I was hungry and was in search of something to eat, and what caught my eyes (or nose I should say) is the delicious smells coming from a certain vendor. My family will love this! Unless you’re turning it into a burger or meatballs I probably don’t want anything to do with it. As varied as the preparation and presentation, is the flavor. new recipes, reviews, and giveaways every week! Once the oil is melted add the shallots and fry until they turn light golden in color - about a minute or two. Quick versions made after a busy work day, to slow cooked versions on a long weekend. Not only does this go well with rice, but also with any kind of noodles or cooked veggies. -Jaden. Funny what you wrote about always going back to Mom’s unwritten recipes, despite so many fancy cookbooks on my shelves. Remove from the heat, garnish with sliced scallions and serve over rice/cauliflower rice. I made the pork tonight and served it over rice. I thought it was nothing special at first, but since it was being offered at a cheap price, I just knew I had to try. Pingback: French Fridays with Dorie | Lovehandles Chocolate. It is a rich meat sauce that is savory, flavorful and pairs perfectly well with anything you add with it. Can you eat this with rice too? Make sure to continue to stir things around until the sugar dissolves. Yummy…..looks delicious. yireservation.com/recipes/taiwanese-minced-pork-sauce-over-rice Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Just made this tonight. Thanks for sharing, Jaden! It was then that I knew that this dish was something special. Thanks! I’ll definitely be making this again. Basically all you need to do is to keep it inside an airtight container with a lid on. Want more recipes? My husband likes as many fresh vegetables as possible, so when I added the shitake mushrooms, I also added some fresh asparagus and broccoli. Pour in the broth/soy sauce mixture and bring to a simmer. Definitely on our go to list of quick easy tasty meals to make. I guessed and bought one with an interesting label But could you give a recommendation for a couple of brands? Quick to make and perfect for busy weeknights. Thanks! I added a few drops of Chili Oil, a sprinkle of Crushed Peppers, and 2Tbsp. That looks delicious! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Hi, I’m Jaden, professional recipe developer, tv chef and cookbook author. Toss everything in the wok together. Made this last night using Morningstar crumbles instead of ground meat…delicious and made all the vegetarians in my family happy . This dish is based on one of Taiwan’s most loved comfort foods, though I’ve adapted it using more common kitchen ingredients. But you can also serve it with beansprouts, shredded cucumbers, and/or shredded carrots. If you want to get first shot at them, just enter your info below. Did you try making my Lu Rou Fan / Taiwanese Braised Pork Rice Bowl / 滷肉饭? <3, This recipe sounds great.Both my Husband and I enjoy asian food Taiwanese Noodles with Meat Sauce Recipe (Taiwanese Spaghetti). Spoon the pork over the noodles, sprinkle with spring onions and serve with the soy and sriracha sauce on the side. Definitely a keeper! This Minced Pork Noodles stir fry is made with ground pork … Thank you. This is a classic that I am sure every Taiwanese would remember from their childhood. Am i missing something???? Drain. I am definitely trying this soon! I like eating vegetables, but sometimes I get distracted by cookies...Read More →, << Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes with a Strawberry Buttercream, Paleo Jalapeño Poppers with Cashew Cream >>, Vegan BBQ Jackfruit Pulled ‘Pork’ Sandwiches, 1 cup thinly sliced shallots, (4-5 shallots), 1 pound organic mince pork, , about 1/2kg, 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos for a paleo version (60ml). Since you’ve done your part by adding a few new flavors to your kitchen, it’s my turn to keep feeding you new recipes to use them in. Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you make this Taiwanese Minced Pork. When we created our two versions of Chinese Five Spice – Sichuan-style & Penang-style – we assumed that would give you, our customers, a choice between the two. This was SO delicious!! My family and I go to this dim sum place in the city and they make a dish similar to this one but this recipe tops the cake, so much better!!! Is it supposed to be pretty bland??? All they need is a little guidance and they'll be able to cook like a pro. Drain the noodles, then immediately drain them into the prepared ice bath to stop the cooking process, let cool for 1 minute. I didn’t have bamboo shoots so I subbed water cehstnuts. If you're looking for THE most comfortable, made in USA face mask, come check out my other business! What’s a good equivalent amount? So I took it upon myself to learn how to make this incredible dish. In a small bowl, combine the chicken broth, dark soy sauce, regular soy sauce, vinegar, five spice powder and brown sugar. When the fall starts to approach in the end of August, I find myself using a lot more pork and warm cozy flavors like this. And in this recipe, I will be showing you how to make it in the most authentic way possible. I am guessing it would suit children very well. I have tried the recipe twice and my family can’t stop raving about it! The ingredients look perfect together, and it’s not a coincidence that I’ve been craving some Taiwanese noodles! Serve over rice noodles. If you're looking for THE most comfortable, made in USA face mask, come check out my other business! Serve over rice noodles. Also, you mention in your intro that this dish usually uses shallots. Mom's minced meat sauce version, to a chef's attempt to replicate just that. Just about like my Taiwanese grandma used to make! Taiwanese meat sauce is something nearly every Taiwanese mama cooks in weekly rotation, and it’s served over rice or noodles. The ingredients you’ll need to make Lu Rou Fan / Taiwanese Braised Pork Rice Bowl / 滷肉饭 can all be acquired at any of your local supermarkets. Thanks, Nice easy, quick and tastes great recipe. I love it. Even the Taiwanese Government has gotten involved and has claimed this dish as their very own. Looks like the perfect meal for this weekend. Simmer for 5 minutes on medium-low heat. 3 shallots, thinly sliced (or 1/2 small onion). Now I am not much of a spice guy, nor do I enjoy hot and spicy food, but this was bland. I used it and substituted meat with tofu and it was delicious: http://vegetarianchopsticks.blogspot.com/2013/02/taiwanese-noodles-with-tofu-sauce.html, I look forward to cooking more of your recipes! Ground pork versions, to beef or even turkey.