Tanqueray 10 adds an additional four elements to the mix, including fresh white grapefruit, fresh lime, fresh orange, and camomile flowers for a total of 8 botanicals. Add the lemon juice, top with the soda water and give a slight stir. Over the years, it has become one of the highest-selling gins in the world. The Difference Between Tanqueray Gin and Tanqueray 10 Gin, (47.3% ABV / 94.6 Proof) –  there are few gins whose flavor profile are as juniper focused as Tanqueray London Dry Gin. Ten was released in 2000 and is the martini gin of choice for bartenders, mixologists and of course the home cocktail makers! I really am a whisk(e)y/tequila fan... To me, the T10 tastes especially citrusy compared to other gins, including standard Tanqueray, so it seems especially good in a martini with a twist. Whereas standard Tanqueray can be overpowering with juniper, Rangpur is overpowering with lime — almost chemical in the way it comes across. Surprisingly, there’s also a sense of underlining sweetness in the midpalate. Huge influence. That lime is also the star of the entry which combines fresh lime and fresh grapefruit along with juniper and angelica root. Juniper can impart floral, citrus, and even black pepper spice notes to the mix without the support of any of the other botanicals. The mixing of cocktails highlights and features the taste. Extra: Tanqueray VS Tanqueray No.10: Normal Tanqueray is mellow in comparision. Review: Jefferson’s Reserve Very Old Very Small Batch Bourbon (2020), Review: Parker’s Heritage Collection Heavy Char Bourbon 10 Years Old (2020), Review: Wilderness Trail Distillery Single Barrel Rye, Single Barrel Bourbon Bottled-in-Bond, and Small Batch Bourbon Bottled-in-Bond, The Best Sweet Vermouth Roundup – 25 Bottles Tasted, 1 Winner, Review: Diageo Orphan Barrel Project Muckety-Muck Single Grain Scotch 24 Years Old. Had a few other gins and was not impressed. Tanqueray Ten is considered by many to be an ideal martini gin, and it’s a frequent ingredient in many key gin cocktails at craft cocktail bars around the world. If you’re feeling more creative in your cocktail craft, the unique flavor of the three Tanqueray types pair wonderfully with these drinks: This is an easy cocktail to make and only requires 3 ingredients. Thanks for the info! Tanqueray 10 (94.6 proof) is sharply packaged and a very sophisticated gin—far too complex to use in a gin and tonic or salty dog. High proof and wonderful flavor. Mid-palate angelica and pink grapefruit shine through. I imagine the answer to this will be the same as the one Chuck gave in the thread on Bombay Gin. Tanqueray No. Since Tanqueray is one of the iconic London Dry Gins, it’s no surprise that the first aroma from the glass is indeed juniper, but it’s not just pine. Tanqueray London Dry Gin is all about how just a few botanicals can come together around juniper to make a complex and flavorful gin, while Tanqueray No. The four types of botanicals used are combined to be very smooth when it hits your palate. It adds four new ones to the Tanqueray formula. Tanqueray Nº TEN, named after the stills of its origin, is small batch gin crafted using fresh citrus fruits. Tanqueray No. My take: Don’t plan on buying again – it’s awful! No expert here but love Tanqueray for gin and tonic, so refreshing. Adam w. 14/5/2020 01:29:39 am. My favorite to date. It’s easy to see why Tanqueray Ten has become a staple behind the bar. Although initially a limited production in 2006, Tanqueray gin is relatively easy to find in most liquor stores. Garnish this with a lemon wedge for the final citrus punch. (Rating ****). Tanqueray 10 is amazing !! The flavors come from the infusion of herbs and spices into a neutral spirit. Tanqueray No 10 & Tonic: Fill copa or highball glass with ice cubes, and place a wedge of grapefruit in the top. Ten was designed specifically for the Martini segment. 97 Points. Tanqueray No. They make Tan 10 in this still and the effects of the small still supposedly make for a crisper gin. A reader recently complained (or kvetched, perhaps) that I didn’t review enough accessible products, stuff that you’d find on the shelf of your average liquor store and didn’t cost five figures. Tanqueray has 10 stills. Every bottle carries a seal marking Charles Tanqueray’s name, a symbol of quality and more than 180 years of distilling excellence. Using that recipe as a building block, the Tanqueray team launched the higher strength No. No.10 all the way. I suspect the spice recipe is completely different, but that's just a guess. Christopher Null is the founder and editor in chief of Drinkhacker. So glad I discovered this site, and hence discovered this gin. In this review of Tanqueray, you’ll learn all about this spirit, including the following topics (use the links below to “jump” to a specific section): Unlike other gins, Tanqueray is not made with citrus; this leads it to be a much drier gin than other popular brands. This gin is for sipping neat or as a martini. The stills shape captures the botanicals flavor more and don't forget that Tan 10 is 94.6 Proof. I definitely prefer Ten to regular Tanqueray, and arguably worth the upgrade in price. It doesn’t get much more mainstream than Tanqueray, the British gin (produced in Scotland, actually) which is one of the best-selling spirits in the world. Clean juniper notes sparkle while notes of both red grapefruit, white grapefruit and even a hint of jasmine.The palate of Tanqueray No. Also the London Dry reminds me of pine sol. Pineapples in the 1800s represented both hospitality and prosperity. I don't get chemical dump at all, mostly juniper, with some other flavors in the background that balance it without me being able to identify them. Follow us: © Copyright 2016 - Kleinman.com Inc. All Rights Reserved. Further, it works well in mixed drinks like the Gin and Tonic or Gin and Lemonade. Juniper and pine flavours particularly stick out. Alternatively, it’s very easy to find online and can be simply picked up for $26 on Reserve Bar. This one is truly a fantastic, classic gin. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Reviews, recipes, and industry insight for educated imbibing. Contemporary gin fans will appreciate the way citrus stars without be coming one note. Not sure why it would be different but check your ABVs again. The back of the palate has creamy licorice root, white grapefruit, piney juniper and hints of peppercorns. They use whole fresh fruits and a different recipe for the 10. 82.6 proof. At the same time, I find gin a little, well, anodyne. One of an … No.10 is a lot more aggressive in flavour and heat, but the finish and flavour last much longer. Ready to learn more about gin? 10 Still is very small and has a unique shape. Secondary flavors are elusive, but you’ll find mildly bitter lemon and orange peel if you hunt for them. 10 London Dry Gin – 47.3% ABV – 750ml., Diageo (London, but distilled in Scotland), $46 CAD @ BC Liquor Stores. Charles Tanqueray created the world’s finest gin in 1830 and it is made today to the same classic, timeless recipe. Ten Gin. I also have more positive feelings about this gin. Ten Gin share many key elements of style, but they are unique spirits. A veteran writer and journalist, he also operates Null Media, a bespoke content company. Juniper fades leaving hints of citrus zest with earthy undertones. 10 Gin 1.75L "Tanqueray No. With every botanical in the mix represented in the nose, it’s clear that this gin was created out of a. Definitely a good gin. To me, I don't care for standard Tanq at all. While you can make any of the best gin cocktails using any brand you like, we highly recommend using any Tanqueray with a gin and tonic, or the classic martini. Tanqueray London Dry Gin is one of the very few spirits we believe earns a perfect score. Carefully pour 50 ml Tanqueray No. How Long Does Baileys (And Other Cream Liqueurs) Last? The flavor is actually bigger and more powerful than standard Tanqueray — this despite a cut in proof of more than 12 points. Ten Gin share many key elements of style, but they are unique spirits. TEN takes its name from ‘Tiny Ten’, the nickname of the small copper pot still where every drop is produced, but there is nothing minor about its flavour. Right out of the gate the juniper pine note from the nose is there on the palate along with light citrus,  black pepper, and coriander. 10 Gin launched in 2000. Four botanicals may not seem like a lot, but when handled right, juniper on its own has an ability to deliver flavors and character far beyond pine or Christmas tree. I like Junipero better if I am looking for a more herbal/juniper taste, etc.