It is dried, so like any dried herb. When I threw out one of the boxes, I discovered it had a best if used by date of 1997! If you're looking for creative ideas on how to use old tea I've heard they make good fertilizers and also have heard of people using them as air fresheners in their sock drawers.

Why not use two bags if you want a stronger brew? Why does chrome need access to Bluetooth? Here in Asia, many people drink tea that is years old, including the Chinese who have a tea that is more than 20 years old and is highly desired and very expensive to buy. So the key is to drink tea while it’s not too cold, nor too hot.

So while your tea bag may not taste great, it should still be ok to consume, if the tea bag hasn't come in touch with too much humidity. Similar to the comments above about "freshness" tea loses it's medicinal qualities as it ages. I just had to steep it for a little longer.

site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa. A Bitcoin locking script to force a certain payment to the receiver?

Then leave one bag in the cabinet and store the rest in the freezer to preserve the flavor for up to two years. It was expired in 2009. It was kept in a sealed metal box and besides having a metal-ish taste - it was perfectly fine. There’s typically a small string attached to each tea bag with a paper label at the top. I have never seen any expire dates on tea before, I'll have to look at my tea bags when I get home. [duplicate]. My suggestion would be to look for signs of infestation -- if it's bagged, look in the bottom of the box for anything other than just tea leaf dust. Great, Click the ‘Allow’ Button Above White tea, pu erh tea

It is super convenient since you can just scoop the tea with the ball, close it up and plop it in your teacup!

If it doesn't taste good, then get rid of them. How can I make the seasons change faster in order to shorten the length of a calendar year on it? What LEGO piece is this arc with ball joint? My tea bags are expired, can I still use them? Black tea, oolong tea Can verbs/i-adjectives be indefinitely conjugated, or is there a limit? Green tea and fresh white teas may deteriorate faster. If you can't, I recommend to split it in several bags. They just might change colour or flavour. It only takes a minute to sign up. Tea bags will be fine for at least a year in the pantry, but even long after that, they're still safe to consume. Tea contains tea polyphenol, which is easily oxidized to tea stain by oxygen in the air and water. This, however, will depend on the specific storage conditions. rev 2020.11.24.38066, The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Seasoned Advice works best with JavaScript enabled, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site, Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, Learn more about hiring developers or posting ads with us. ☝️, Awesome, You’re All Set! When I drank mostly bagged tea, often I would double or triple up on chai tea bags for a much stronger cup. However, it will be bland as all get out after a few years. There are very few foods that have true 'expiration' dates. Get your daily life hack right in your inbox. (I wish I was joking ... it was a mostly full box of gallon tea bags that I had to pitch). They're big on flavor and high in quality. Tea bags have been used since the 8th century – in the era of the Tang dynasty. Green tea, fresh white tea ;-). Did Star Trek ever tackle slavery as a theme in one of its episodes? What can you add to water to make it hard enough for tea? I heard that green tea is OK to dring after its expired when I was in Japan. What LEGO piece is this arc with ball joint? My tea bags are expired, can I still use them? I will agree to the possibility that the flavor may be altered, but spoiled, No! My suggestion would be to look for signs of infestation -- if it's bagged, look in the bottom of the box for anything other than just tea leaf dust. Originally, tea bags exclusively had a square or rectangular shape. While tea does always have an expiration date, it's there more as a suggestion when to use the tea by in order to get maximum flavor. This box of tea has an expiration date which has passed but I would like to know if I can still use it. Tea bags will be fine for at least a year in the pantry, MAINTENANCE WARNING: Possible downtime early morning Dec 2/4/9 UTC (8:30PM…, “Question closed” notifications experiment results and graduation. In a visual novel game with optional sidequests, how to encourage the sidequests without requiring them? What modern innovations have been/are being made for the piano.

@A.Leistra : I'd say they're related, but not necessarily a duplicate. If consumed after the shelf-life date, nothing bad will happen, but once it's prepared, your tea might not have any (or may have very minimal) flavor. What are the safety considerations in making pine needle tea?

Tea bags are cheap.

Why are the divisions of the Bible called "verses"? It's funny to see westerners asking "when does tea go off"? Always store the tea in a very cold place. You drink it how you like it. If there's no lingering aroma, it might be best to go ahead and toss it. Final thoughts. Were English poets of the sixteenth century aware of the Great Vowel Shift? A Bitcoin locking script to force a certain payment to the receiver? How can I deal with claims of technical difficulties for an online exam?

22 hours ago, by Mekishana Pierre How can you trust that there is no backdoor in your hardware?

Nothing more. Individually wrapped teabags, especially if it's a glossy paper can offer additional protection. Sort of like old spices - if they haven't been kept properly (i.e. This comes down to personal preference, though it may affect the flavor. By signing up, I agree to the Terms & to receive emails from POPSUGAR. If it's weak, just brew it longer, or double up the tea bags. Stop believing all this hype about 'sell bye' dates. , Does Tea Go Bad? 1 day ago, by Mekishana Pierre @Jefromi: Even so, just means you need to steep 'em longer to get the same flavour. Think back, when we were kids that word did not exist.

Yup, you'll never get food poisoning from tea. In Monopoly, if your Community Chest card reads "Go back to ...." , do you move forward or backward? Still, it’s never a good idea to keep fruit in the tea for more than 24 hours. In Monopoly, if your Community Chest card reads "Go back to ...." , do you move forward or backward? My tea had expired(?) How to consider rude(?) It depends a lot on the packaging - if they're not individually sealed they may have lost a lot more of their flavor. ), it should be safe to use. My neighbor gave me some old boxes of tea she wasn't going to use. Pickaxe, plumbum, arsenic and mercury can be found in the tea stain. If there's no lingering aroma, it might be best to go ahead and toss it. Generally tea, like other dry herbs, doesn't really expire, but may loose flavor and aroma. Can verbs/i-adjectives be indefinitely conjugated, or is there a limit? rev 2020.11.24.38066, The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Seasoned Advice works best with JavaScript enabled, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site, Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, Learn more about hiring developers or posting ads with us, @aris : so the sign that mice have nibbled on the box is still okay? How would sailing be affected if seas had actually dangerous large animals? Honeycomb in honey - how long does it last? 1 day ago, by Tori Crowther MAINTENANCE WARNING: Possible downtime early morning Dec 2/4/9 UTC (8:30PM…, “Question closed” notifications experiment results and graduation, Tea taste changes if watered down after steeping, Can I use sage tea as a herb while cooking, You Do the Gallbladder, I'll Take the Appendix, Quadratic utility: monotonicity and risk aversion. Depending on the way the tea is produced/industrialized it might lose quality, as said before.