I’m only mentioning that in case anyone else is wondering. Heat coconut oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. From quick online research, it looks like it would typically take 10 min on med heat, but I worry that might overcook the veggies. Followed the recipe exactly except I did add a little minced Thai lime leaves since I had some. I’m grateful for your lists on Amazon too. Just made this soup as the base for a friendsgiving meal. I made this tonight for a low carb option and it was yummy, a fair bit of preparation but worth it! . Top with cilantro and serve. Stir in the coconut milk and mushrooms; cook and stir until the mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes. Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious. You just need to cook clever and get creative! – Nagi x. Hungry for more? Truly tastes like a restaurant takeout. This sounds excellent. It came out so good and really wasnt difficult. Add regular mushrooms (not shiitakes) and 1 can of coconut milk. Add prawns and sear both sides until light golden (doesn't need to cook inside). As good as any I’ve had a Thai restaurant. But unfortunately, without having tried this ourselves, we cannot answer with certainty. I’ve been making a lot of your soups, using bouillon in place of stock. window.adthrive.siteAds.targeting.push( {key: 'at_custom_1', value: 'myxx_on'} ); The curry paste packs an incredible flavour punch because it’s made a little differently to usual curry pastes which are typically simply whizzed up in food processors then sautéed: After we’ve made the curry paste, it’s as simple as adding in chicken or vegetable broth and coconut milk, then adding the prawns back in just to warm through. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Can you substitute chicken for the shrimp? Also Added Rice Noodles (I Suggest Boiling Them Separatly, Then Adding Them To A Bowl With The Soup Placed On Top- The Noodles Will Suck Up The Broth If You Add The Dried Noodles To Cook In The Soup.) I threw in some slivered carrots early on, and a few handfuls of baby spinach with the herbs. Have not tried but can’t wait too, the recipe sounds great. I have a question – I am a total newbie with working with lemongrass. if (Math.random() > 0.5) { I Added Chicken Instead Of Shrimp (Let The Chunks Of Chicken Simmer In Chile Base For 30 Min, Then Let Simmer WIth Coconut Milk For 45 More Minutes So The Chicken Would Infuse WIth Flavor And Be Tender). Top with cilantro and serve. We love this soup! Holy smokes, this was AWESOME!!! I'm the one that submitted this recipe and I just wanted to add a little note: If you can't find lemongrass, most stores carry lemongrass paste. Also Added Rice Noodles (I Suggest Boiling Them Separatly, Then Adding Them To A Bowl With The Soup Placed On Top- The Noodles Will Suck Up The Broth If You Add The Dried Noodles To Cook In The Soup.) When the noodles are done, throw in a small package of whole snap peas, prawns, and lime juice and turn off the heat. I cut the lemon grass too small and it's hard to pick out/ literally hard to eat, so I'd cut 2 stocks in bigger pieces That said, the instructions were really easy to follow and even though it did require a lot of prep work, it was so worth. Add chilli paste, coriander and curry powder. But as regular readers know, I’m a bit picky when it comes to faux Asian dishes. I believe you can make great food with everyday ingredients even if you’re short on time and cost conscious. I liked them, but if they bother you, you can always buy lemongrass paste, I suppose. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Thank you Damn Delicious. Join my free email list to receive THREE free cookbooks! We used frozen cooked shrimp from Trader Joe’s and it was still awesome. window.adthrive.cmd.push(function() { I also am watching my calories so I used the light coconut milk. I cut the lemon grass too small and it's hard to pick out/ literally hard to eat, so I'd cut 2 stocks in bigger pieces Great recipe!!! I want to try make this in the Instant Pot. Your email address will not be published. var chicscript = document.createElement('script'); This was terrific! I couldn’t believe it tasted just like it does at Thai restaurants. So add to taste and according to how spicy the paste is that you have. Will definitely make again. I live in a rural area but I was able to get all the ingredients except the herbs. looks amazing and fabulous Next time I’d just use the full amount – it was barely perceptible after the coconut milk was added. So while it might not be authentic Thai, it’s made with ingredients used in Thai cooking, and it really does tastes like a Thai coconut curry in soup form. I ended up with a flurry of texts about how amazing it was, so apparently it froze well. Love it. Substituted a few things here and there, and topped with air fried salmon instead of shrimp. I’ve used noodles and shrimp/prawns here which is how I usually serve it. I love the fact that you add videos and keep them short and sweet. It just adds that little hit of freshness that makes all the difference. UPDATE: I have a new way of making this soup that has put it in regular rotation. Let simmer for a bit while you prep the rest, then scoop out the ginger and lemongrass with a slotted spoon. I’m no expert but I LOVE making thai inspired meals, and one thing I’ve found is if you use reduced fat coconut milk, or you buy something else other than the canned kind, it won’t thicken up your soup/broth.