It's the decision to stay the same.”, “Whenever you say yes to something, there is less of you for something else. You're going to get it anyway. You don't get anywhere without saying yes. Lysa gives practical and godly insight for wisely choosing the Best Yes in order to restore balance and bring joy back to everyday life. I said, 'Hey, the sign says you're open 24 hours.' Knox College Commencement Address, departments.knox.edu. Top 10 Yes Quotes. Find a way to say yes to things. We need to apply thought and prayer to our decisions and then trust God for the outcome. Saying 'yes' is how things grow. I'm actually as proud of the things we haven't done as the things I have done. So for as long as you have the strength to, say “yes'. When yes is commitment, no is protection. Yes, that's it. You can hold a current position by saying "No", but you can only move forward by saying "Yes. I really rebel against this idea that politics has to be a place full of ego and where you're constantly focused on scoring hits against each one another. It's biology, chemistry, physics. Unwrap it like a gift. Fight for that confident no.”, “Like a tree, a woman can’t carry the weight of two seasons simultaneously. 326 likes. And how you live your life determines how you spend your soul.”, “The decisions you make determine the schedule you keep. Yes is a tiny word that can do big things. God bless you. Can you make progress? ", One of the most painfully inauthentic ways we show up in our lives sometimes is saying "yes" when we mean "no," and saying "no" when we mean "hell yes.". Yes lets you stand out in a crowd, be the optimist, to stay positive, be the one everyone comes to. And at this point, I'm like, 'Yes... yes, I've been told that.' Yes lets you stand out in a crowd, be the optimist, to stay positive, be the one everyone comes to. It is as though something inside your body responds and says, yes, this is how I ought to feel. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. If I’m trusting God, I will stare at all the possible ways He’ll use this whether I fail or succeed.”, “The only way our faith can strengthen is if we use it.”, “When the world beats you down, open up your Bible.”, “Imagine this opportunity as an amazingly attractive but fast-moving river. So I play her as I think a woman like me would act in the situations she's going through. Thank you. They are the very experiences from which we unlock the riches of wisdom. Every day we present the best quotes! There is so much that looks extremely appealing about this river, you’re going to be tempted to jump right in. Even if you abandon one idea for another one, saying yes allows you to move forward.'. Oops. View the list There are three kinds of yeses. The Complete Yes Minister by Jonathan Lynn 2,744 ratings, 4.52 average rating, 95 reviews The Complete Yes Minister Quotes Showing 1-10 of 10 “Clarification is not to clarify things. If you must say yes, say it with an open heart. But that's not what it means at all. No decision is an isolated choice. So, open your eyes to life: to see it in the vivid colors that God gave us as a precious gift to His children, to enjoy life to the fullest, and to make it count. Quotes tagged as "yes" Showing 1-30 of 124 “I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. “Motivating Thoughts of Steve Jobs”, p.44, Prabhat Prakashan. Yes, we need a robust democracy, but you can be strong, and you can be kind. You treat her as a normal woman who happens to be fantastic and almighty. Follow AzQuotes on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Our landscapes connect us to our history; they are the source of our character as a peopl, as well as our health, our safety, and our prosperity. And God bless America. No matter your age, stage of life, or circumstances, don't forget to dare to dream with God. October 18, 2014. All Quotes If somebody offers you an amazing opportunity but you are not sure you can do it, say yes-then learn how to do it later! “Mending the Past and Healing the Future with Soul Retrieval (Large Print 16pt)”, p.183, ReadHowYouWant.com, FaceBook post by Gun control is necessary, and delay means more death and horror. My dad provided for his family daily. But once you are in the river, you have diminished your ability to make decisions. June 03, 2006. If you were not to set an alarm clock, would you sleep past it? Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. Someone bet me a bottle of whiskey that I couldn't do it. Even if it's a bit edgy, a bit out of your comfort zone, saying yes means that you will do something new, meet someone new, and make a difference in your life. I used to think you had to be special for God to use you, but now I know you simply need to say yes. Stop saying yes out of fear about what others will think about you and say NO out of love for yourself! We’ve got to practice wisdom in the everyday places of our lives. It is very easy to say yes. Life is short. But they also enrich us aesthetically and recreationally and culturally and spiritually. Yes, there's artistry. Never despise the mundane. The oldest, shortest words - 'yes' and 'no' - are those which require the most thought. Yes is what keeps us all young. “Passion Profit Power”, p.171, Simon and Schuster. www.imdb.com. Obviously, Spanish is my first language. There is a mistake in the text of this quote. And how you live your life determines”, “Don't allow the unrealistic demands of others to march freely into your life.”, “Unbroken companionship helps us hear His instruction so then we can see His direction. BrainyQuote has been providing inspirational quotes since 2001 to our worldwide community. It’s there.”, “My imperfections will never override God’s promises. Learn to say 'no' to the good so you can say 'yes' to the best. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” ― Leo Tolstoy tags: danger, good, love, wild, win, yes. There's commitment, confirmation, and counterfeit. The answer is yes, you have a choice and tomorrow you're going to win. One day at a time. If you want something, work hard for it, go after it. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are. Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. To my young friends out there: Life can be great, but not when you can't see it. I just said yes to opportunities that came my way. Every decision points your life in the direction you are about to travel. UC Berkeley Commencement Address, news.berkeley.edu. Wrong One. Saying “yes” leads to knowledge. Yes is how you get your first job, and your next job, and your spouse, and even your kids. Because cynics don’t learn anything. Can you win tomorrow? The schedule you keep determines the life you live. And be one of the rare few who looks deeper than just the surface. I hope the fathers and mothers of little girls will look at them and say 'yes, women can.'. My publicist told me not to talk about politics but, yes, I think we have a president who stole the election. I'm a great believer that saying yes is a lot more fun than saying no. And yes, together, we will make America great again. Improve yourself, find your inspiration, share with friends. “Love Does: Discover a Secretly Incredible Life in an Ordinary World”, p.59, Thomas Nelson Inc. "Google’s Eric Schmidt to graduates: 'Find a way to say YES to things'". “You can close your eyes to reality but not to memories.” – Stanislaw Jerzy Lec. I believe the power of no is greater than yes. Because cynics don't learn anything. You have to pick carefully. I mean, she's beautiful. We will make America safe again. The schedule you keep determines the life you live. People think focus means saying yes to the thing you've got to focus on. But it's all about the creative process. Yes, money is important. it is a mere formality. 'Do it yourself'. Quotes By Lysa TerKeurst. Yes, I'm still gonna do things. Yes, I'm going to make a mistake. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness: a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us. Saying “yes” is how things grow. Cynics always say 'no.' Welcome back. Luck always favours the brave. And ummm, yes, I feel a huge emotional attachment to England. May 12, 2012. Yes is what keeps us all young. When you carry out acts of kindness you get a wonderful feeling inside. That daily stuff—those responsibilities that seem more like distractions—those things we want to rush and just get through to get on with the better and bigger assignments of life—those things that are unnoticed places of service? It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no. The Linux philosophy is 'Laugh in the face of danger'. Bob Goff (2012). So, yes, that is definitely in my DNA. As the evening beckons with the promise of tomorrow... may your gratitude rise up and with strength answer, "yes." ” ― Jennifer Salaiz. God’s promises are not dependent on my ability to always choose well, but rather on His ability to use well.”, “If I’m trusting myself, I will stare at all the possible ways I could fail. Lysa TerKeurst from Apr 06, 2016, Steve Jobs (0101). There's no excuse to be bored. He said, 'Yes, but not in a row.'. If one wishes to be a lover he must start by saying 'YES' to love. Even if it's a bit edgy, a bit out of your comfort zone, saying yes means that you will do something new, meet someone new, and make a difference in your life. Yes, people pull the trigger - but guns are the instrument of death. That's why decisions can be hard sometimes. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the furthest thing from it. What's so lovely about Wonder Woman is yes, she has the strength and power of a goddess, but she has the heart and mind of a human. May you find great value in these inspirational Yes Quotes from my large datebase of inspiring quotes and sayings. “The eyes are one of the most powerful tools a woman can have. Say yes to your life. "Biography/ Personal Quotes". You don't have to figure anything out. The decisions you make determine the schedule you keep. Creating safe havens where our children are allowed to dream, play, make a mess and, yes, clean it up, we teach them respect for themselves and others. Crazy, yes. “Yes” is for young people. Yes, guns are to men what jewelry is to women! Yes Quotes Inspirational Quotes about Yes. Say it often. But putting my heart in a place to receive truth certainly got me going in a different direction.”, “Knowledge is wisdom that comes from acquiring truth. If you must say no, say it without fear. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us. It can come and go like a feather in the wind. We will make wealthy again. It doesn't matter my political views, who I like or dislike: If a president ever asks me to do anything, I'm going to say yes. Feel free to use these additional quotes from The Best Yes in your blog post or social media promotions. Interview with Chantal Pierrat, www.marandapleasantmedia.com. Just keep saying yes to Him, in big ways and small, and watch what He does. I went down the street to the 24-hour grocery. We must not seek direction before obeying His instruction.”, “Let me pull you close and whisper a heart-stopping truth. When I got there, the guy was locking the front door. "Richard Branson Responds To Elon Musk's Criticism; 'We're About To Prove Him Wrong'". After the connection is made, words cease to exist. We've got to engage with what's offered if it's going to do us any good. See something more in the everyday. You can only get more in life by saying YES.