So...pretty much like kids during any other... To see what your friends thought of this book, A Boglehead is an investor who follows the philosophy of Vanguard founder John Bogle. What makes this book so informative, yet readable, is the use of well-crafted sequencing, relatable metaphors, and thoughtful writing. If you are interested, you can buy it on Amazon: The Bogleheads’ Guide to Investing. You can send Mr. I never knew investing books could be so well written in a simple to understand manner. Reading this book will help everyone who is a beginner to intermediate. If you can, you should, of course, avoid debt in the first place. : financial "advisors") I realized I had to learn about this topic. https://thepoorswiss.com/bogleheads-guide-investing-book-review/. The Bogleheads’ Guide to Investing is a handy resource that is written for anyone who may be grappling with a financial problem or simply wants to know how to invest money to get the best results. In that case, you should rebalance by selling some of your stocks and invest them into bonds. For instance, in Switzerland, we have some mostly uninvested retirement accounts. If you get some percent of improvement each year, this improvement should be compounding each year. I think it is an excellent book, well-written and full of excellent advice. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Here is another book review of an investing book. Underlines the importance of index investing and staying the course. Those strategies are guided by the twin principles of, on the one hand keeping investment fees and taxes low, and on the other hand sticking with their baseline strategy for long periods of time. Not everybody likes this rebalancing idea, so you need to be careful about that. It covers the basics of everything from investment options and asset allocation to tax implications and how much insurance you should have. As a recent college graduate with little to no expenses I found myself with a small nest egg and absolutely zero direction. That may be all you need and then you can visit the appendices for more advanced resource recommendations. The Boglehead's Guide was written by Taylor Larimore, Mel Lindauer and Michael LeBoeuf, long-time Bogleheads.org forum members who continue to be active on the forum today. Avoid debt: This one is a no-brainer! A fantastic overview of an investment strategy that makes the case for mostly buying index funds/mutual funds/ETFs and holding onto them. Also, not all retirement accounts are alike. Bottomline, become a Boglehead and prosper! And the reason is, these authors stand to gain nothing from it. This book pulled back the curtain on the financial advisor business plan and outlined how regular people can take control of their own finances very easily. The Poor Swiss is the author behind thepoorswiss.com. This book is perfect for anyone who wants/needs to learn the basics of investing. If you already read the Bogleheads Guide to Investing, I would be glad to hear your point of view. This book is a complete guide about personal investing, how to save money, and how to invest it. Great for restricted accounts like 401k and non-brokerage Roths, brings you down to earth when you get too confident. Anyone considering what to do with their retirement savings should look here first - after … Bottomline, become a Boglehead and prosper! This topic was previously completely foreign to me. The Poor Swiss, The Bogleheads Guide To Investing - Book Review - The Poor Swiss, The Little Book of Common Sense Investing - Book Review, Path to Independence - A Swiss Book about FIRE. Excellent book on investing! It is easy to read and packed with straightforward and helpful information. The authors did a fantastic job at covering a wide variety of investment options and the pros and cons of each one of them. Here is another book review of an investing book. I think the most important thing to address here is why you should read this book instead of any of the 3 million other investing books out there in the world. Sold on the idea ! If you are willing to invest but do not know precisely how to start, you should take a look at this book. Nothing new or different here. Anyone who earns money and wants to have a firm financial foundation (FFF) should read this book. Be the first to ask a question about The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing. Anyone who earns money and wants to have a firm financial foundation (FFF) should. The book simplifies and presents a no non-sense view of the basic steps one has to follow while investing. This should help you by buying low and selling high automatically. Experiencing, listening to the further experience, adventuring, studying, training, and more practical goings-on may urge on you to improve. The book’s message is simple...keep it simple, keep costs low, and stay the course. (Disclosure: Some of the links below may be affiliate links). That means that each year the interest is getting better. January 1st 2006 A great book about the strengths of passing investing and how to start investing properly! The main ethos of the book lies in a DIY investment strategy which both history and research support as the winning way to consistently win out over most stock pickers and fund managers over a long time horizon. This book is a great reference for both investment strategy and general financial planning, including saving for college, withdrawing during retirement, and end-of-life planning. The book's financial advice centers a. I'm a bit embarrassed at reading an investment book, but I'm also a bit proud too. How to increase your chance of winning in the market, Reviewed in the United States on January 9, 2007. This book is written by Taylor Larimore, Mel Lindauer, and Michael LeBoeuf. It's written in such a way that it's totally acces. The book offers sound, practical advice, no matter what your age or net worth. digs deeper than surface level without getting lost in the weeds. In 2017, he realized that he was falling into the trap of lifestyle inflation. This is a really awesome investment book, especially for beginners. —Jack Bogle”, “I helped put two children through Harvard—my broker’s children. He made it a goal to reach Financial Independence. If you only invest in one stock or one market and that stock or market crashes, your entire portfolio will crash. Taylor and Mel has helped thousands of investors on the "Vanguard Diehards" forum at MorningStar web site. Other chapters are good for reading Asset Allocations and rebalancing your portfolio. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. Not only is the investing advice excellent, the writing style is very easy and fun to read. Excellent investment advice for a lifetime, Reviewed in the United States on May 20, 2006. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Also, bonds in Switzerland are really bad (negative). My money was rotting away in a lowest interest savings account. I do not have the time to follow the market (nor should I try or according to Bogleheads) and this book really helped increased my understanding of the simple actions I can take now to prepare myself financially for the future.