Now Bosch and his new partner, rookie Detective Lucia Soto, are tasked with solving what turns out to be a highly charged, politically sensitive case. ... Connelly is a very consistent writer - amazingly so considering his prodigious output. For me the answer is 'yes and no'. So when a man succumbs to complications from being shot by a stray bullet ten years earlier, Bosch catches a case in which the body is still fresh, but any other clues are virtually nonexistent. Nam interdum justo eget nisi pulvinar et condimentum orci bibendum. The crime was never resolved, and the young woman's murder was in the stack of unsolved-case files Bosch carried home the night he left the LAPD. $14.95 a month after 30 days. thanks. Harry originally investigated the murder, but it was then handed off to the Riot Crimes Task Force and never solved. Just good listening. The crime was never resolved, and the young woman's murder was in the stack of unsolved-case files Bosch carried home the night he left the LAPD. He mumbled regularly and there was one sectioned I played back 3 times and still have no idea what he said!! The one good thing in Bosch's life, the person he holds most dear, is taken from him and Bosch travels to Hong Kong in an all-or-nothing bid to regain what he's lost. Read it in print so you can bring it to life yourself. Love all the old characters that we have come to love ir hate, keep them coming Michael ! Would you be willing to try another one of Titus Welliver’s performances? There was a problem loading your book clubs. In the LAPD's Open-Unsolved Unit, not many murder victims die almost a decade after the crime. But one night she catches two cases she doesn't want to part with: the brutal beating of a prostitute left for dead in a parking lot and the killing of a young woman in a nightclub shooting. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 7, 2018. Like he's being punished. Sed at augue sit amet ipsum viverra ullamcorper. Now Bosch's ballistics match indicates that her death was not random violence, but something more personal, and connected to a deeper intrigue. Read by Titus Welliver, star of the Bosch TV series. I'm a biased fan of the series so I let it slide. Beginning with the bullet that's been lodged for years in the victim's spine, they must pull new leads from years-old information, which soon reveal that this shooting may have been anything but random. Rachel has never forgotten Robert Backus, the killer who called himself the Poet, and apparently he has not forgotten her either. This book wasn’t for you, but who do you think might enjoy it more? (Christian DuChateau, CNN), The Overlook: Harry Bosch Series, Book 13, City of Bones: Harry Bosch Series, Book 8, By: Beginning with the bullet that's been lodged for years in the victim's spine, they must pull new leads from years-old information, which soon reveal that this shooting may have been anything but random.In this gripping new novel, Michael Connelly shows once again why Harry Bosch is "one of the greats of crime fiction" (New York Daily News). (Kevin Nance, Chicago Tribune), "Bosch has become Mr. Connelly's most durable, well-entrenched creation." She is more than a translator for him and has his back. Len Cariou, Narrated by: Get 50% off this audiobook at the AudiobooksNow online audio book store and download or stream … His deep, resonant voice fits the atmosphere and the vocalization of Bosch, and his pacing makes the story accessible even for new listeners. Now Bosch and rookie Detective Lucia Soto are tasked with solving what turns out to be a highly charged, politically sensitive case. Fusce sed nibh eu odio posuere semper. FBI agent Rachel Walling finally gets the call she's dreaded for years: the one that tells her the Poet has returned. The one good thing in Bosch's life, the person he holds most dear, is taken from him and Bosch travels to Hong Kong in an all-or-nothing bid to regain what he's lost. In the LAPD's Open-Unsolved Unit, not many murder victims die almost a decade after the crime. Anger, sadness, disappointment? Bosch has evolved so much over the years, and that's something I like in a series. Michael Connelly never disappoints. The marketing people should stick to flogging the product. At first I didn't like the shift in narrators but once I realized that this was Titus Welliver who plays Harry in the Amazon show Bosch. Part of the problem has been around for a while, by placing Harry within the Open-Unsolved unit of the LAPD, Michael Connelly strips some of the urgency out of the cases being investigated as they are years or decades old. All Rights Reserved. Borrowed from the library, of course. By completing your purchase, you agree to Audible’s Conditions of Use. If so, why? So when a man succumbs to complications from being shot by a stray bullet nine years earlier, Bosch catches a case in which the body is still fresh, but any other evidence is virtually nonexistent. Could you see The Burning Room being made into a movie or a TV series? On New Year's Day, Detective Hieronymus "Harry" Bosch fields a call that a dog has found a bone - a bone that the dog's owner, a doctor, feels certain is human. Harry Bosch is back as a volunteer working cold cases for the San Fernando Police Department and is called out to a local drugstore where a young pharmacist has been murdered. What could have made this a 4 or 5-star listening experience for you? Loved it. Ballard is determined not to give up at dawn. The former narrator did the books more proud. There were a couple of others I caught but can't remember them now. We know Harry will have problems staying employed for the next year, and the cliff-hanger ending is just a predictable pitfall to put Harry in peril.Of Connelly's many books, only two of them have been duds. Much better. It is available in CD and in downloadable formats. The Burning Room - Abridged By: Michael Connelly Narrated by: Titus Welliver Length: 6 hours 50 minutes Abridged: Yes. Unable to add item to List. Harry Bosch is California's newest private investigator. Home » The Burning Room (2014) » The Burning Room Audiobook. Unlike other series detectives he is not immune to the travails of time, and we are often reminded of that in "The Burning Room," his nineteenth book. The narrator puts me to sleep. Listen Free to Burning Room audiobook by Michael Connelly with a 30 Day Free Trial! Harry Bosch is California's newest private investigator. A slightly raised pitch makes the female voices pleasant and believable, as do the subtle Mexican accents he gives several characters." It is available in CD and in downloadable formats. Now and then Harry thinks of his own diminishing future with the LAPD, or mentions to other characters that he has only a year remaining in his DROP (Deferred Retirement Option Plan) contract with Los Angeles' police department, after which he will have to leave for good. The latter is very important to his new sidekick and he even has the gall to moan at her about this, something he would have done himself without thinking. Great story.Great reader.Taking on the leadership never gets old for this guy, sometimes however, I wish he'd catch a break with the ladies.It's Bosch, need I say more? Harry Bosch has always been one of the most interesting and complex characters. Christine Lakin,