In the dim light This poem has not been translated into any other language yet. It is unclear how! a great write indeed, Mary.10/10. “My father died a few days before Christmas in 2017. The free tracks you can enjoy in the Poetry Archive are a selection of a poet’s work. My father’s face, I swear, Beautiful tribute to your dad Mary.Well done really terrific poem. Beautifully done. From I Am Flying into Myself: Selected Poems 1960-2014 by Bill Knott, edited by Thomas Lux. So, his passing was an emotionally intense convergence of death and birth, celebration and mourning. 1093858. So many things he did not complete. The Day My Father Died poem by Mary Forrester. Black and white. When I fly to you up in the sky. Dead as wax. A beautiful poem but a lovely tribute to your dad. We saw him struggle, The day my father die He held his bible by his bed side The life he prayed would never goHas gone and left him with no under toe So many things he did not complete Like the tree house, we were building across the street All we needed was the roofThe day's I thought would never end Have left me with something I can no longer comprehend As the wind blows The weather gets colder As my body grows I only get older Life is a story with no ending Who cares if they stop mending Know i'm old To old for child's play The tree house still sits With the memories of my golden days. Wrote mourning to me, On the day my father died i should have been laughing it was April fools but the joke was too dear usually it would be a quip and we would roar in bogus laughter today it was an eternal slumber and we had to … The life he prayed would never go. How much I did care for you. I could not cry; In fact, the day we received the news, the day I returned to Oklahoma to help plan for his burial, was also the day my sons opened holiday gifts. I hope I see you very soon. © Poems are the property of their respective owners. them then, I’d be like him, dad. Reprinted/Used by permission of Farrar, Straus and Giroux. Our catalogue store includes many more recordings which you can download to your device. He held his bible by his bed side. The day my father die. Isn't 'him' of your poem and your dad the same person? But never seen. Charity No. His face on the pillow For me my father’s death The Poetry Archive is a not-for-profit organisation with charitable status. I saw him in the fields todayWith two horses and a ploughI Waved at him and said hello. The day's I … The Day My Father Died Poem by Chris Kril - Poem Hunter, Poem Submitted: Friday, February 17, 2012. You saw him trudging through the muddy furrows and came home when your sister said that your dad had died. Topple that lie, However appealing: Each sob shook me: Was not serene. A wonderful tribute to your father, a... Read complete story Loss was tomorrow. The pain of death is living, Such a beautiful poem for Father's Day, Pat. Topple that lie, I love you dad, The Day My Father Died Poem by Mary Forrester - Poem Hunter, Poem Submitted: Saturday, September 7, 2013. I never got a chance to say goodbye. Copyright © 2017 by The Estate of Bill Knott. Like the tree house, we were building across the street. I love this. One day we will again say hi. Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer’s Day (Sonnet 18). from I been there, sort of: New and Selected Poems (Carcanet, 2006), copyright Mervyn Morris 2006, used by permission of the author and the publisher. There is no comment submitted by members.. © Poems are the property of their respective owners. Has gone and left him with no under toe. That day was her day, Registered No. We’re always adding to the Poetry Archive so sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date with the latest archive news, events and releases. Not I. Page THE DAY MY FATHER DIED. Maybe when I look up to the moon. We saw him struggle, Stiffen, relax; The face fell empty, Dead as wax. That face was absence It wasn't your time to die. I’d read of death I’d read of death But never seen. The face fell empty, The day my father died I could not cry; My mother cried, Not I. The dead are free. Was mother’s sorrow; His face on the pillow In the dim light Wrote mourning to me, Black and white. All information has been reproduced here for educational and informational purposes to benefit site visitors, and is provided at no charge... Recite this poem (upload your own video or voice file). I will read more of your poems. Poem by Chris Kril. All we needed was the roof. The day my father died I never got a chance to explain to you. Of all feeling. I saw him in the fields todayWith two horses and a ploughI Waved at him and said helloAnd he just mopped his browI stood there in silenceCould hear the horses breatheAs he trudged through the Muddy furrowsI began to leaveSlowly I was walking towardsThe valley down belowTo where the stone walled cottage stoodTo the place that I call homeThere, stood in the doorwayWas my sister RosaleeHer hair tied up with ribbons As she smiled across at meShe took my hand and said Let's have a cup of teaThereupon she shook her headAnd fell upon her kneesAnd through her sobs I heard her sayThat Dad had passed awayWe held each other tenderlyAnd cried until the dawnRemembering all those Precious times, now that Dad had gone. Stiffen, relax; My father’s face, I swear, Was not serene. All information has been reproduced here for educational and informational purposes to benefit site visitors, and is provided at no charge... Recite this poem (upload your own video or voice file). Your poem was published on the day that my late father would have celebrated his 100th birthday in heaven. 4336052. My mother’s tears were my tears, My mother cried, Copyright © 2020 All rights reserved. However appealing: This poem has not been translated into any other language yet. your intense love for your father made you see his apparition. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. The Day After My Father’s Death.