And you can't pretend it isn't there.”, “When is the right time for anything? ― Benjamin Alire Sáenz, The Inexplicable Logic of My Life, “Words exist only in theory. everything you need to sharpen your knowledge of The Inexplicable Logic of My Life. So why couldn’t I be like him?”, “Why does it hurt when you love someone? Really seeing someone. Welcome back. . Print Word PDF. He’d tamed me with all the love that lived inside him.”, “And like everybody else in the known universe, she didn’t always let herself in on the truth.”, “The world had changed. The Inexplicable Logic of My Life Summary & Study Guide Benjamin Alire Saenz This Study Guide consists of approximately 83 pages of chapter summaries, quotes, character analysis, themes, and more - everything you need to sharpen your knowledge of The Inexplicable Logic of My Life. - Mima. Mima is singing something in Spanish. She is raking the fallen leaves and gathering … And then one ordinary day you run into a word that exists only in theory. Rating: 3,5/5 stars The Inexplicable Logic of My Life was good. The thing is, I didn’t know how to whistle. He’s been invisible all his life. And I hated that thought. Living is an art, not a science.”, “Don't ever underestimate the people who love you.”, “The thing about tears is that they can be as quiet as a cloud floating across the desert sky.”, “That’s the way it was when you loved someone. Part Two: Sometimes in the Night - WFTD = Nurture? [email protected]. Adult? A Filipino Book Reviewer. The November sun is shining, the breeze is cool, and the afternoon shadows are dancing with a life that is far beyond my boyhood understanding. Love has no end—it just goes on and on.” Eddie. And then that word becomes someone you know. I am hearing myself as I tell my father, “I know who my father is. I ask him for his cigarette lighter. Leaves were always graceful as they floated away from the tree.” And I'm not afraid.”, “Before I nodded off, I thought about what my dad had said—​that life wasn’t all nice and neat like a book, and life didn’t have a plot filled with characters who said intelligent and beautiful things. Maybe everyone’s heaven, and we just don’t know it.”, “Something happened inside me. I know how hard it can be.”, “Life had its seasons, and the season of letting go would always come, but there was something very beautiful in that, in the letting go. All Quotes Sometimes I was full of halfhearted yeahs.”, “But my father, the man who was in my room and had turned on the light, he’d raised me. ( Log Out /  I am watching the envelope burn. You took them everywhere you went—​whether they were alive or not.” (Life Begins) Error rating book. And I think that’s all that anyone wants. Who knows? Who? Yup. Change ), A person who believes in the immortal power of reading. Leaves were always graceful as they floated away from the tree." I wondered if there was a way to keep her in this world forever.”, “I take the sealed envelope from him—​the one that holds the information about my biological father. (Part One) Or maybe it is. You saw me. ― Benjamin Alire Sáenz, The Inexplicable Logic of My Life, “That’s the way it was when you loved someone. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. And then it comes, and the rains wash away the nightmares and the memories. The sun would rise, and then the sun would set. The Inexplicable Logic of My Life is a young adult novel by Benjamin Saenz. We are watching Sam dance around the yard as Maggie follows her and jumps up and barks. Quotes By Benjamin Alire Sáenz. I absolutely loved that aspect of the story, nothing can break them apart and Sal’s father will do anything for his son. 164 quotes from The Inexplicable Logic of My Life: ‘Words exist only in theory. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ― Benjamin Alire Sáenz, The Inexplicable Logic of My Life, “When is the right time for anything? Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Let me know your thoughts. You took them everywhere you went—​whether they were alive or not.”, “I told you that there were only two things you needed to learn in life. This Study Guide consists of approximately 83 pages of chapter summaries, quotes, character analysis, themes, and more - everything you need to sharpen your knowledge of The Inexplicable Logic of My Life. Maybe I'd always had the wrong idea as to who I really was. I love stories about family in many different forms and this is definitely a good one. -- Sal Me. One with beautiful words and beautiful thoughts, but overall it was very...mild. I look at Sam and Fito and say, “Word for the day.” Sam understands and says, “Nurture.” I take the unopened envelope. You and Sam and Fito. Some people, anyway. ( Log Out /  And my dad is laughing. ― Benjamin Alire Sáenz, The Inexplicable Logic of My Life, “Don’t ever underestimate the people who love you.” A warmly humane look at universal questions of belonging, infused with humour, from the bestselling author of Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. Living is an art, not a science.” Nature? Who knows? It was a typical Sáenz novel. That word becomes someone you hate. You’ve always seen me. A humorous and ultra-modern bildungsroman, or coming of age novel, it follows protagonist Salvador Silva (“Sal”) as he suffers the growing pains of young adulthood. You needed to learn how to forgive. There are more songs living inside her than there are leaves on her tree. What is it with the human heart? It shows Sal facing an identity crises when he thinks that maybe he is not who he thought he was all along. And all of a sudden he’s visible. Importance: Sal thinks this as he goes home after having punched Enrique for calling his father a faggot. It was an average Sáenz novel. In this case, Sal is saying that his father is not the person the word "faggot" signifies. View bongbongbooks’s profile on Instagram, My Thoughts About Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Book Review #26), My Thoughts About 56 by Bob Ong (Book Review #144), My Thoughts About MacArthur by Bob Ong (Book Review #53), My Thoughts About Lumayo Ka Nga Sa Akin by Bob Ong (Book Review #82), My Thoughts About Para Kay B by Ricky Lee (Book Review #50), My Thoughts About Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller (Book Review #90), My Thoughts About Alamat ng Gubat by Bob Ong (Book Review #60), My Thoughts About The Fifth Mountain by Paulo Coelho (Book Review #86), My Thoughts About The Pearl by John Steinbeck (Book Review #5), Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. -- Sal Importance: This quote appears at the beginning of Part One. 2 pages at 400 words per page) View a FREE sample. Sal and his father have a gorgeous special bond. A Filipino Book Lover. What was it with my heart? Marcos. Leaves were always graceful as they floated away from the tree.”, “I’ll always remember that look on your face. It sets the stage for the motif of identity that runs throughout the narrative. What’s the best line or quote from the book for you? If you didn’t whistle, the quiet and the dark would swallow you up. The Inexplicable Logic of My Life Quotes. I take it out and look at it when I need to. ( Log Out /  Maybe you’re all heaven. “Words exist only in theory. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. I have always known.” And now I am laughing. I hope you enjoy this edition. - New Year's Eve, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, Everything Begins and Ends at the Kentucky Club, teaching or studying The Inexplicable Logic of My Life. And you meet it face to face. I guessed I was going to have to learn.”, “Grief was a terrible and beautiful thing.”, “I keep that memory somewhere inside me—​where it’s safe. ― Benjamin Alire Sáenz, The Inexplicable Logic of My Life, “I remembered Dad telling me that love was infinite. My dad was not that word. And you take that word with you wherever you go. A huge and uncontrollable wave ran through me and crashed on the shore that was my heart.”, “In the distance, I can see a storm coming in, the dark clouds and the lightning on the horizon moving towards me. ― Benjamin Alire Sáenz, The Inexplicable Logic of My Life, “The thing about tears is that they can be as quiet as a cloud floating across the desert sky.” I loved his exploration of that in the first novel, and I love that he again tackles the subject in this beautiful novel for young adults. That’s love.”, “It wasn’t always going to be morning, and darkness would come around again. The Inexplicable Logic of my Life is a beautiful heartwarming story. I am watching the ashes floating up to the heavens. As if it were a photograph.”, “I think there are a lot of things that find a hiding place in our bodies.”, “Maybe it wasn't a good idea to rank the people in your life. And then I thought that I must be more like my biological father - the man who'd slept with my mother one night. Importance: Sal thinks this as he thinks of the ways that he is not like Vicente... Get The Inexplicable Logic of My Life from Amazon.com. But he wasn’t right about that. See, my dad said intelligent and beautiful things. Part Four: Dad Things We Never Say Me - Me? Part Four: WFTD = Fists. Refresh and try again. , So let’s get this going. Learning to Talk. And you needed to learn how to be happy.”, “I want to live in the calmness of the morning light.”, “Life can be hard. (Sometimes in the Night) Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Eighteen. And Fito is smiling that incredible smile of his. And you take that word with you wherever you go.