[Solo] [Solo] I'm staying, Wellerman. Top Songs By The Longest Johns. Here's a health to the company and one to my lass 'cause this pretty little woman is all I need [Solo] I'll be a man, wherever my woman will be I'll be a man of the trees I'll be a man, wherever my woman will be Music Video. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); right here [Solo] and sank the blasted cannon but I was hungry for the land [Solo] 'cause this pretty little woman is all I need Let us drink and be merry all out of one glass; I won't be servant of the seas I'm staying, When I was sick he ordered catonine I won't be any captain's mate (HOWAAYY) I'm staying, and now I've found a lady wife until I said that I felt fine Our ship lies at anchor, she's ready to dock The Longest Johns. 30s. I'll be a man of the land [All together] The Longest Johns - Bones in the Ocean Lyrics. But the captain he got drunk one night I'm staying, I'll be a man, wherever my woman will be And now she's got me staying right here [Chorus] Here's a health to the company and one to my lass. [All together] I'll be a man of the trees Here's a health to the dear lass that I love so well Let us drink and be merry all grief to refrain Bury some seeds and expect some strong branches. I won't obey the ocean's call Written in Salt. [Verse 2] I won't be servant of the seas For we may or might never all meet here again [All together] Men I've Known and Killed The Longest Johns. I'll be a man of the land I'll be a man, wherever my woman will be The Longest Johns. The winds blew hard, her bow dipped down. I'll be a man of the land I wish her safe landing, without any shock Oh they tried to give me his command I'll be a man of the land right here Anne Louise The Longest Johns. I'll be a man of the trees right here I'll be a man, wherever my woman will be I won't be any captain's mate right here Words by Alfred Lord Tennyson, Melody by Rani Arbo, Cover by The Longest Johns. [Chorus] right here I'll be a man of the trees There's no man in this wide world as happy as me Get round the fire with a glass of strong ale. Wellerman. I'm staying, 'cause this pretty little woman is all I need and by then I was his first mate right here For we may or might never all meet here again The Longest Johns. 'cause this pretty little woman is all I need Retirement Song. [All together] right here The Captain's Daughter The Longest Johns. could match my skill for gunin' just looking out for old Cape Cod Got No Beard Lyrics: I once met a man who said he was a fan / He wanted to sing in my shanty band / But the bottom of his face looked weird (SO … There's a smile on her countenance as she sits on my knee. The fourth track on Written In Salt, this song is a Longest Johns original. For we may or might never all meet here again I won't be any captain's mate At fourteen I was cabin boy Come lift up your voices in chorus with mine; (I will always remember your kindness to me.) I won't be servant of the seas I'll tend to the flame; you can worship the ashes. I'll be a man, wherever my woman will be [Chorus] [Chorus] Captain died at twenty-eight Though written primarily by Dave Robinson, the song's lyrics were fine-tuned and finished by the whole of the band in a collaborative effort. I'm staying, ARTIST. The Snow It Melts the Soonest The Longest Johns. I'm staying, I won't be any captain's mate Blow, me bully boys, blow (Huh!) Let us drink and be merry all out of one glass; At twenty-five no man alive [Verse 3] Oh, I bid farewell to the port and the land And I paddle away from brave Englad's white sands To search for my long ago forgotten friends To I'll be a man of the trees [Verse 1] right here Connect with Apple Music. I won't be servant of the seas Aven county's finest daughter [Slowing] 'cause this pretty little woman is all I need As is common with work songs, this song begins slow and steadily increases in tempo until its culmination. right here Featured In. I'm staying, More lyrics by The Longest Johns. Words by Alfred Lord Tennyson, Melody by Rani Arbo, Cover by The Longest Johns. Let us drink and be merry all out of one glass; Retirement Song The Longest Johns. Walk him along, John, Carry him along He's gone where the stormy winds won't blow Carry him to his bury'n ground [Chorus] General Taylor he's dead and he's gone Walk him along, John, Carry him along Well General Taylor he's long dead and gone Carry him to his bury'n ground [Chorus 2x] and made for Bristol by the road There's no man in this wide world as happy as me. Let us drink and be merry all grief to refrain to fearsome captain Buckle Roy Let us drink and be merry all grief to refrain right here If ever I should meet you by land or by sea I won't be servant of the seas right here [Chorus] Soon may the Wellerman come. Come lift up your voices all grief to refrain I won't be any captain's mate I'm staying, 'cause this pretty little woman is all I need Lyrics Submitted by Aaron David Zecher. I won't be any captain's mate but I nearly lost my eyes to God I won't be servant of the seas LYRICS. And tell us a story from beyond the pale. Christmas At Sea The Longest Johns. I'll be a man of the land Album . Here's a health to the company and one to my lass TRACK. I won't be servant of the seas [All together] To bring us sugar and tea and rum… I've been roaming all my life 'cause this pretty little woman is all I need For we may or might never all meet here again. Oh I won't go sailing anymore I'm staying, Let us drink and be merry all out of one glass; HALLOWEEN SPECIAL OFFER: Get annual access to Ultimate Guitar and save 80% Try Now. I'll be a man of the land Stepped ashore at Felix Stow There's a smile on her countenance as she sits on my knee Here's a health to the company and one to my lass ultimate guitar com. Kind friends and companions, come join me in rhyme Here's a health to the company and one to my lass I'll be a man of the trees For her style and her beauty, sure none can excel The Longest Johns are a Bristol based, a capella folk music band, born out of a mutual love of traditional folk songs and shanties. Let us drink and be merry all grief to refrain 2,073. I won't be any captain's mate Get more than 30 seconds of music. and Captain said I was the best For we may or might never all meet here again Sign-in or Try it free for 3 months. I'll be a man, wherever my woman will be [Solo] [Slowing] Oh I fell in love when first I saw her I'm staying, [All together] Drunken Sailor The Longest Johns. I'll be a man of the trees At twenty I manned our crow's nest The Milkmaid . I'll be a man of the land