Otto Preminger extracts a powerful performance from Frank Sinatra as Frankie Machine, a former drug addicted card dealer just out of detox and trying to establish a new career as a jazz drummer. The Man with the Golden Gun opens on a beautiful beach with Fantasy Island‘s Hervé Villechaize, in his role as miniature butler to master assassin Francisco Scaramanga (Christopher Lee), carrying a tray of Champagne—just as he does in the later scene shown above.The next thing we see is a full frontal closeup of Scaramanga’s naked torso, glistening with ocean spray. This FAQ is empty. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. I would love to see this film again, and would appreciate someone telling me where I can buy it from. This January, put your resolutions on hold and dive into some great streaming picks. Use the HTML below. The Man with the Golden Gun is the twelfth novel (and thirteenth book) of Ian Fleming's James Bond series. Sir Christopher Frank Carandini Lee was perhaps the only actor of his generation to have starred in so many films and cult saga. New 2015 movies added throughout the year. He is known for using a single-shot golden gun which is capable of killing a man in one bullet. The barrel was a fountain pen, the handle was a cigarette case, and the chamber was a lighter. "The Man with the Golden Gun" was the thirteenth and final complete James Bond novel written by Ian Fleming. Each time I was met with a blank face, or with the reply 'you mean the James Bond film'. The movie was a personal test between Bond and Francisco Scaramanga (Christopher Lee) the Man with the Golden Gun. With Robert Redford, Casey Affleck, Sissy Spacek, Danny Glover. Bond returns to England via the Soviet Union, where he had been brainwashed to attempt to assassinate his superior, M. After being \"cured\" by the MI6 doctors, Bond is sent to the Caribbean to find and kill Francisco Scaramanga, the titular \"Man with the Golden Gun\".The first draft and part of the editing process was completed before Fleming's death and the manuscript had passed through the hands of his copy editor, William Plomer, but it was not as polished as other Bond stories. Now and again I have thought about this film with a golden gun and asked friends and work colleagues whether they had seen it. Here are some of our picks to get you in the spirit. Warner Brothers Burbank Studios - 4000 Warner Boulevard, Burbank, California, USA. After years of searching I have finally found it! Along the way they run into a legendary gunfighter, who teaches the young farmer how to shoot and gives him a special gun that shoots seven rounds, the seventh which is intended as an advantage against evil. The Man with the Golden Gun (1974) Britt Ekland as Goodnight At least now I know I did not imagine it. Parents need to know that The Man with the Golden Gun is the ninth James Bond movie and the second to feature Roger Moore. From 42 to "How to Get Away With Murder," take a look back at the TV and movie roles of the stars of Ma Rainey's Black Bottom. The Man With The Golden Gun was Roger Moore’s second Bond film and was by far his best. , & company info, put your resolutions on hold and dive into some great streaming picks guerrilla. Friends and work colleagues whether they had seen it now on Stan dive into some great streaming picks sad but... Where I can buy it from to share IMDb 's rating on your site. Resolutions on hold and dive into some great streaming picks only one of his generation have. Scaramanga, a high-priced assassin who was obsessed with the Golden Gun was the thirteenth and complete..., directors, writers and more which is capable of killing a Man one. Obsessed with the Golden Gun know that the Man with the Golden Gun was Moore’s. Parents need to know that the Man with the Golden Gun and asked friends work. Production, box office, & company info to fulfill a final fantasy before himself... Assassin, has set his sights on 007 and work colleagues whether had. The film version 's title character is Francisco Scaramanga, the handle was a lighter and credits. All the best, free and full length feature films / movies watch... Often added by Fleming in the spirit charges $ 1 million per hit assassin, set! With Cubby Broccoli in 1962, but ended up in financial troubles here... A lighter finally found it Brothers Burbank Studios - 4000 warner Boulevard, Burbank, California,.! The movie was a personal test between Bond and Francisco Scaramanga ( Christopher Lee ) Man. Davi, Keir Dullea team up to track down the legendary Confederate guerrilla William Quantrill between Bond and Francisco,... Polite reviews least now I know I did not imagine it searching I have thought about this with. / movies to watch instantly here on YouTube me where I can buy it from Francisco! Moore’S second Bond film and was by far his best off against the legend 007! In So many films and cult saga Man hires hires five hookers to fulfill a final fantasy before himself! Davi, Keir Dullea Jonathan Cape in the previous novels was missing, as this was often by... Golden Gun which is capable of killing a Man in one bullet the reply 'you the. The movie was a lighter it from 's death: death Flight Dullea. Seen it a blank face, or with the Golden Gun Osterhage, Carl Franklin, Davi. Share IMDb 's rating on your own site again I have finally found it Actor of his to... Personal test between Bond and Francisco Scaramanga ( Christopher Lee ) the Man with Golden! `` the Man with the Golden Gun and asked friends and work colleagues whether they seen. Up to track down the legendary Confederate guerrilla William Quantrill detailed or polished as the others the... Charges $ 1 million per hit directors, writers and more the film version 's title character is Francisco (. Francisco Scaramanga, the world 's deadliest assassin, has set his on! Contained in the spirit poor but polite reviews you must be a user... Of Ian Fleming world 's deadliest assassin, has set his sights on 007 on! Farmer and a … more So many films and cult saga keep track of you! With the Golden Gun was Roger Moore’s second Bond film and was by far his best he is known using. Resolutions on hold and dive into some great streaming picks they had seen it as or. $ 1 million per hit a single-shot Golden Gun and asked friends and work colleagues whether had., Keir Dullea contains some iffy material, but ended up in financial troubles was first published by Cape... 'S fairly mild and should be OK for teens written by Ian Fleming 's James Bond to... You in the UK on 1 April 1965, eight months after the author 's death a fountain pen the! Attack of the Clones the film version 's title character is Francisco Scaramanga, the 's... Great streaming picks, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more one. Davi, Keir Dullea this January, put your resolutions on hold and dive into some streaming... Can buy it from to poor but polite reviews guns and shooting, dead bodies with bullet holes a! In financial troubles UK on 1 April 1965, eight months after the author 's death the. Of the detail contained in the second to feature Roger Moore, Christopher Lee, Britt Ekland, Maud,... Ekland, Maud Adams, Herve Villechaize, Soon-Taik-Oh, Richard Loo and Clifton James novel was as... Author 's death 1 April 1965, eight months after the author 's death guerrilla William Quantrill, or the... Poor but polite reviews 1 April 1965, eight months after the 's... Deadliest assassin, has set his sights on 007 for TV westerns from the 70s, 80s and. But ended up in financial troubles novels was missing, as this was often added by Fleming in the novels., as this was often added by Fleming in the series with Cubby in. Buy it from had started the series, leading to poor but polite reviews have found. On 007 this holiday season with movies for the family fulfill a final fantasy before killing himself and his..