We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your account. Too much dwells on a single scene which is not all that impressive. I have always been fascinated by the bemuda triangle. After receiving an unsettling postcard from an estranged friend living in a secluded commune, four filmmakers take their cameras into the wilderness of Montana to document the mysterious inner workings of the group on their disconcerting road to self-sufficiency, witnessing something more shocking than they ever imagined. But a roll of photos the survivor took that night tells a different story. Horror, Mystery. I don't usually watch found footage movies but I do love cult movies and this one seemed interesting. TMDb Don’t worry, it won’t take long. The team discovers a threat that might unravel time itself and cause the world to end. Three filmmakers receive an unsettling postcard from an estranged friend living in a secluded commune. TV Shows . Plot. Please enter your username or email address. IMDb George portrays a single mother who goes on a boating trip with several friends. I felt like this had some good ideas but like... was not a good movie? and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango. He’s living on some kind of commune in the middle of nowhere, Montana. The Triangle (2016) – Found Footage Movie Trailer, The Triangle (2016) – Podcast Review (Episode #89), Monsters in the Woods (2015) – Found Footage Trailer, The Garden Grounds (2017) – Full Movie – Free. Doesn't impress as a cult movie. I mean it was sensory hell but you know I love a T-Rex skull. By creating an account, you agree to the Privacy Policy May 2, 2019 | … Dolls," later renamed "The Sighting," which was their skillful cross between a psychological thriller and a monster movie.) Verified Purchase. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. On their disconcerting road to self-sufficiency, witnessing something more shocking than they ever imagined. Please reference “Error Code 2121” when contacting customer service. Do not waste your time, unless you need something to fall asleep to. Coming Soon, Regal This gets a 4/5 from me! The Triangle ist ein Thriller aus dem Jahr 2016 von David Blair und Nathaniel Peterson. In these par… Handlung von The TriangleDie Dokumentarfilmer David Blair und Adam Pitman machen sich auf den Weg nach Montana, als eine merkwürdige Postkarte mit dem Hilferuf ihres Freundes Nathaniel Peterson eintrifft, der vor mehr als drei Jahren spurlos verschwand. It's called "The Enigma of Amigara Fault" by Junji Ito. The camerawork is appropriately composed and choreographed considering that a team of professional filmmakers with professional grade equipment is filming. The Triangle makes the odd stylistic choice of occasionally using a split screen. The film was released in the United Kingdom on 16 October 2009. Coming Soon. Just leave us a message here and we will work on getting you verified. It opens with a road trip into the unknown — four documentarians head off to a new-age commune in the middle of nowhere. The great outdoors can be dangerous. Biggest argument you can make against this is how much time it spends on the…. Avoid at all costs. Sure, hippie cults in the desert are creepy, but you don't need a droning glowing-toothed skull in a cursed cave for that, you just need to look at any video footage of regular hippies, moreso when they've gone crazy from being out in the desert too long. Every year, hundreds of people go missing after using online classified ads. If you've binged every available episode of the hit Disney Plus series, then we've got three picks to keep you entertained. This is top notch found footage horror. Andrew Rizzo Yet, even though there was no reason in the world for me to like it, I actually wound up liking it a lot.  =  The Triangle (2016) User Reviews Review this title 20 Reviews. one (JB), Die besten Streaming-Tipps gibt's im Moviepilot-Podcast Streamgestöber. What was written on the postcard is all they knew before they left for Montana.  +  Time limit is exhausted. The filmmakers take their cameras into the wilderness of Montana to document the mysterious inner workings of the group. I like a slow burn horror movie but this was just slow, without much of a burn. Use the HTML below. The filmmakers set off to find their friend and document the inner workings of the commune, which are more shocking than they imagined. All is well; they make their own stuff, live as sustainably as…. , Made by fans in Auckland, New Zealand. (function(timeout){setTimeout(function(){var notice=document.getElementById("cptch_time_limit_notice_37");if(notice)notice.style.display="block";},timeout);})(120000); Not Rated This is a very nicely done found footage film with a plot that veers into unexpected territory. Doesn't impress. These guys get so close to delivering on that potential. Between fascination and... See full summary », Four filmmakers take their cameras into the Montana wilderness to document the mysterious inner workings of a young community with a giant secret. In dem Dokumentarfilm The Triangle folgt ein Filmteam dem Hilferuf eines … Please reload CAPTCHA. There is no plot, there is no horror or even tension & there is no ending. The Triangle is an interesting addition to the found footage heap, definitely nearer to the top of the pile. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? Written by After his neighbor's real life murder, an unemployed man goes down the rabbit hole investigating what he believes to be a conspiracy. Three filmmakers receive a disturbing postcard from their friend who has joined a secluded commune in Montana. Triangle is an astute mix of slow-burn narrative, character-driven drama and X-Files-ish mystery, adorned with clever soundscapes in proper doses, split screens and crystal clear shots. .hide-if-no-js{display:none!important}. Gotta love films that were apparently directed by five people. Sign up here. His intention is to make a documentary about the European dream. I can handle the truth. He’s asking for them to come and help him and his fellow hippies (because that’s what I assumed they’d be). I am convinced the glowing reviews are the film makers. Read the full review at themoviewaffler.com. Forgot your password? ), Hear full reviews at horrormoviepodcast.com episode 098: Blair Witch (2016) and Don’t Breathe (2016) and Scherzo Diabolico (2016) and The Triangle (2016) and Downhill (2016) and They’re Watching (2016). Report this film. After 20 years of living in Washington, D.C., Mark Klein seeks much-needed solace by moving to the remote wilds of West Virginia. Looking for some great streaming picks? As unoriginal as this concept is (the setup is damn near identical to Ti West's The Sacrament) it's still ripe for drama and creepy goodness in the right hands. For the most part, the cinematography in The Triangleis consistent with a team of experienced filmmakers creating a documentary under the conditions set forth in the film. Its slow burning and unusual. .hide-if-no-js{display:none!important}, Copyright (c) 2017 foundfootagecritic.com. And it also nicely does not play out like you think it will, because really, when we know it's a genre movie about a cult, you tend to know right off the bat how the ending will go. Released on August 13, 2001, it was filmed in Barbados and Canada. 4 In dem Dokumentarfilm The Triangle folgt ein Filmteam dem Hilferuf eines verschwundenen Freundes und stößt in der Wüste Montanas auf ein Geheimnis. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google privacy policy and terms of service apply. Nathaniel Peterson, What transpires is different. You're almost there! To ease his loneliness, he sends regular video updates to ... See full summary ». Hide Spoilers. You will receive a link to create a new password via email. What's on TV & Streaming What's on TV & Streaming Top Rated Shows … This is a movie about nothing! I found this movie very strange. Menu. A shipping magnate hires four experts from various fields to investigate what happened to his ships that went missing in the Bermuda Triangle. Rather than shoving all of the answers in our face, The Triangle lures us in with the 'are we walking into a death cult' premise and ends in a completely different arena. Michael Bay dreht lieber Thriller mit Jake Gyllenhaal, Alles neu bei Phantastische Tierwesen 3? Cinemark   |  A very enjoyable and interesting entry into the floundering (lately) found footage market. Give this one a try, it’s great! A group of friends wind up in the Bermuda Triangle. and the Terms and Policies, Your Ticket Confirmation # is located under the header in your email that reads "Your Ticket Reservation Details". I feel like it's the most comprehensive list of found footage, POV, mockumentry films…, The term cult usually refers to a social group defined by its religious, spiritual, or philosophical beliefs, or its common…, So many horror films come out every year that it's no surprise when a good one slips through the cracks.…. Four filmmakers take their cameras into the Montana wilderness to document the mysterious inner workings of a young community with a giant secret. Was this review helpful to you? View production, box office, & company info. Adam Stilwell. More details at We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your email. Four campers take a trip and witness strange lights in the sky above Arizona in 1997. The finale lacks a sense of "oomph" to really drive the film home, unfortunately. The documentary crew really did receive that postcard from their real friend.