There's a problem loading this menu right now. Thomastik-Infeld Mandolin Flat Wound Mittle (Medium) 34 cm, .010 - .033, 154M $ 54.95. This item is in stock and can be dispatched immediately. Best mandolin strings for classical music, Reviewed in the United States on May 13, 2019. As far as the sound: I don't know whether this description will make total sense but they SEEM to push the sound deeper into the instrument. But the Thomastik strings (‘Apart from the plain mandolin E string, these strings are made of tin-plated silver steel, flat wound with chrome steel wire and finely polished.’) will be very different, I expect. Worth their premium price. Aside from the high initial cost, it's a nice compromise for players wanting easy fretting and quick picking with a full sound. In retrospect this is not unexpected as the F-5 is a carved top F hole instrument with a specific sound. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. At almost £27, I’ll be expecting these new Strings to almost play themselves! I am very disappointed and feel I deserve a replacement or full refund. Reviewed in the United States on December 8, 2016, Best strings I have ever used. 0% (0) 3 . I'm not a heavy mando player, and don't change strings that often. The low tension set is very easy to play, and a big help for quick switching between fiddle and mandolin during a gig. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on June 6, 2018. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on July 17, 2019. Not expensive either - I change them every few weeks. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. The longevity of these strings on my mandolin has been exceptional. Love these strings! They’re a very good string and worth at least a try, but not for every mandolin or player. A while ago I started using Martin SP’s which have a bronze coating on the unwound strings and they last much longer with good volume too. I’ve only had the pleasure of using Prazision strings on fiddle for the last decade and haven’t found anything to match them. Reviewed in the United States on April 29, 2018. Flat wound and polished, they are smooth as silk and very easy on the fingers. Mike Keyes I am hooked on the Thomastiks for my old Gibson A-4. At $12 a pair for replacement, it is a hardship for working musicians to use such a delicate item if they are prone to breaking so easily. http://www.themusicroom-online.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/30_33/products_id/3329 Very good choice for my 100+ year old bowl-back mandolin. Finally got around to installing these and despite UTMOST care, an e-string broke well before it reached pitch! Worth the money if your primary focus is easy to play. Or, maybe the sound seems to come from deeper within the instrument. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Reviewed in the United States on December 22, 2016, Reviewed in the United States on August 19, 2019, These strings were recommended by friends,,, and I'm glad they did. You should get your money’s worth and then some as they should last four or five times as long The rest are highly polished chrome. They are not as loud as D’addarios, but they have a lovely sweet sound, and balanced volume, so the G strings are not boomy. They have a steel core made of special alloy with high elasticity and durability. I plumped for a set of ‘Thomastik Prazision Strings’ and they set me back a cool ….. £26.90! Have you any words of wisdom, on the merits of various brands of Mandolin Strings? Thomastik-Infeld, which has been making strings by hand in Vienna, Austria, since 1919, says its mandolin strings have a clear, brilliant sound. Otherwise, I might have to reconsider them for the long-term. This page works best with JavaScript. !My mandolin teacher suggested that I replace my strings with the Thomastik Medium strings and I absolutely love them....and so do my fingers...I enjoy playing and practicing so much more. 100% (5) 4 . The sound of the Mandolinstrings is clear and brilliant. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. OK, so these are very expensive strings. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. This page works best with JavaScript. It’s my birthday tomorrow, so I decided to splash out and order myself a set of new Strings for my Mandolin. You don't need to play them hard to get this effect either. Standard Delivery Times. Reviewed in the United States on May 31, 2018, Reviewed in the United States on September 27, 2015. They had a lovely, crisp, sound, if quieter than what I was used to - but the windings started to give that same day. Some players report they give up a little volume with the strings. These strings were junk. 0% (0) 0% Recommend this product (0 of 5 responses) By Mike B. If you aren’t a member of The Session yet, you can sign up now. If you are a fiddle player who is finding mandolin playing to be a painful experience, these strings will go a long way toward helping you adjust. While the strings don't jangle, they do have a fairly long sustain, especially for flat-wound strings. rendering them useless. I use Newtone phosphor bronze wound strings on all my fretted instruments, and I’m happy with them.