Thug Life: Volume 1 was certified Gold. Otherwise these look nearly identical from the outside. Lyrics.com. Sold with same insert than the original for 20 euros!!!!! Y.N.V.) Released 26 September 1994 on Interscope (catalog no. Very noisy, constant noise on tracks and between them. Thug Life: Volume 1 - Thug Life , tylko w empik.com: 32,99 zł . The track "How Long Will They Mourn Me?" Don’t Get It Twisted – Jay and Mopreme get the production credit for this dark banger that Mopreme, Macadoshis and Rated R use to thug out on. In 2019, Universal Music Group posted the video version to the song "How Long Will They Mourn Me?" The group would sign a deal with Jive Records and released their one and only project, Volume 1, at the tail end of 1994. Record does not touch platter from one side by 1/2mm so slightly, which might be fixed by widening the hole a bit. Although the album was originally released on Interscope Records, Amaru Entertainment, the label owned by Tupac's mother, Afeni Shakur, gained the rights to it. ( Log Out /  Street Fame – Stretch hooks up a monster of an instrumental for Mopreme, Syke and Rated R to spit on. on the hook), this was trash. Shit Don't Stop (Feat. "Thug Life: Volume 1" is an essential and frequently overlooked chapter of the 2Pac saga, bearing the fruits of the West Coast renaissance and the great year that was 1994. Due to heavy criticism on gangsta rap at the time, the original version of the album was scrapped and re-recorded with many of the original songs being cut. Tracklist: 01. Stay True – Pac and Stretch (rip) get credit for this smooth back drop, built around an ill guitar loop and bass line. For only the second time on Volume 1, all five members rhyme on the same track, as they each discuss their upbringing and share their personal plights. Pac goes solo on this one, as he reminisces and pays respect to his fallen friends: “Drinkin’ on gin, smokin’ on blunts and it’s on, reminisce about my niggas that’s dead and gone, and now their buried, sometimes my eyes still get blurry, cause I’m losin’ all my homies and I worry”. In commemoration of its twenty-fifth anniversary, it was released on vinyl on November 22, 2019. Many sellers have this item listed incorrectly as the EU version when it's the US pressing. A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. Be the first one to, Advanced embedding details, examples, and help, 01. Although the original version of the album never came to fruition as the album went through a number of changes, Tupac performed the planned first single from the album, "Out on Bail" at the 1994 Source Awards. About “Thug Life: Volume 1” “Thug Life: Volume 1” Q&A. The group featured Big Syke, Macadoshis, Mopreme, The Rated R and Tupac Shakur. Thug Life: Volume 1 is the only studio album by American hip hop group Thug Life, started by rapper Tupac Shakur, it was released on October 11, 1994 by Interscope Records. Nate Dogg not only gets a co-production credit, but also sings the head scratching hook, (Is he wishing death on somebody else? Like most of Shakur's music, its intangibles make it a better record than the sum of its parts, and the case for classic status could be made for half of these ten tracks. Despite Thug Life’s overall lack of rhyming ability and lyrical talent, Volume 1 still ends up being an entertaining listen. Thug Life: Volume 1 is the only studio album by American hip hop group Thug Life, started by rapper Tupac Shakur, it was released on September 26, 1994 by Interscope Records. Volume 1 er det eneste studioalbumet av den amerikansk hiphop-gruppen Thug Life, startet av rapperen Tupac Shakur, ble utgitt 26. september 1994 under Interscope Records. Johnny J build the melodic/melancholy backdrop around a soothing O’Jays’ loop that suits Pac’s rhymes, perfectly. 1 Favorite . We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. Do not buy unless you can confirm you're getting the correct version. Have a look on the 180g repress!!!!!!! I would definitely recommend. Next…. This would have been better as just a Pac and Stretch combo (who would have thought that two years later they’d both be gone), but not even Mopreme’s lackluster performance can keep this from being a dope record. Do not recommend. 2pac gets the better of his guest, but together they both shine. [00:03:46] 04. ( Log Out /  See what's new with book lending at the Internet Archive, Uploaded by . Most of the production work on Volume 1 would be handled by the group, with a few contributions from some close associates of Thug Life. Easy Mo Bee lays down an infectious smooth groove, as Pac creeps solo, spilling vintage thug rhetoric, and he sounds great in the process: “I smoke blunts on a regular, fuck when it counts, I’m tryna make a million dollars out a quarter ounce, and gettin’ ghost on 5-0, fuck them hoes, gotta 45 screaming out survival…don’t wanna go to the pen I’m hittin’ fences, marks on a nigga back missing me by inches, and they say how you survive, weighin’ 165, in the city where the skinny niggas die? Learn how your comment data is processed. Reviews There are no reviews yet. Przeczytaj recenzję Thug Life: Volume 1. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Volume 1, an Album by Thug Life. I will have to adjust the hole a bit. https://www.lyrics.com/album/2250718/Thug-Life%3A-Volume-1. Leave feedback, Thug Life was a hip hop group founded by multi-platinum selling hip hop artist. Do you know any background info about this album? I don’t remember hearing a ton of praise from the streets or critics when Volume 1 was released, but regardless, the album would go on to earn the group a gold plaque, which can directly be contributed to 2pac’s involvement.