She stands guard of all the tastiness that lives inside and keeps a friendly eye on the guests as they enter. We stopped at the Tillamook dairy during our trip to Oregon and had a blast sampling the cheese and ice cream at the shop. Try the Lavender Chocolate and Chai Masala. We also have wheelchairs available to rent on a first-come, first-served basis. This old-school donut shop is nothing fancy, but locals have been loving their donuts for over 40 years. Due to COVID-19 guidelines and for everyone's safety, the number of visitors allowed inside at one time will be limited. And, if you’ve tried one of Tillamook’s products or been to Pawhuska to see all the Drummonds have done here, you know that both have done things right since always. Next, we headed over to the store because that’s where the real action was. As we headed to the Oregon coast after a few days exploring the wine regions around McMinnville, we deliberately took the route via Tillamook, because we were interested in visiting the store and perhaps seeing the factory. Enjoy. We highly recommend the Tillamook Creamery. The Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA) has announced that it will open a temporary seasonal ice cream shop in downtown Tillamook for the summer, called the Tillamook Ice Creamery. Your email address will not be published. I’ve been to Gunther’s several times and there’s always a line out the door, they have very loyal customers! Tillamook Farmstyle Cream Cheese Spreads. Please verify details before you go and visit the COVID-19 Resources page for more information. Great stop while driving through town. You can start wherever you like, grab a lick of ice cream when the mood strikes, and set your own pace as you learn about our more than 100-year-old tradition. Once at the counter, I was confronted with even more choices. And I love cheese. I knew that we could get a few Tillamook cheeses in our area, but was sad I had no way to reconnect to the ice cream I’d just come to love. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. That’s real future Tillamook cheese down there. We have visited in the past, and wanted to go this time around. See what I mean? Have you ever tried Tillamook ice cream or cheese? We highly recommend the Tillamook Creamery. Standards, Not. It turns out, He did! more. Gunther's ice cream cones in lemon custard and thai tea favors. You can find our Food Hall menu and our ice cream menu here. Our readers look to us for inspiration on how to plan the perfect vacation, curate products that elevate their lifestyle, whip up fresh recipes and how to embrace modern motherhood. What changes were made at the new Tillamook Creamery? Then, we walked around the corner. Understandable, but compared to other tourist spots that have done things like buy-in-advance timed entry, etc., this seemed like a poor system. Sacramento is quickly becoming a California foodie destination, and a true foodie can really appreciate quality ice cream, gourmet donuts and apothecary candy stores. Our number one priority at Tillamook is to protect the health and safety of our employees and guests. Extra Cream. Newly remodeled. Doing things right since always.” Though the visitors center was undergoing a renovation, we still enjoyed seeing the displays showing what life is like on those family farms and how they make the milk and other products using only all-natural ingredients and simple, time-tested recipes. Stop by our modern Creamery experience in Tillamook, or our Market at Portland Airport ... introducing. See more holidays happenings in Sacramento. Cookies & Milk delivers Thursday - Sunday until midnight. Please note that this post contains affiliate links. Well, that just makes the moment even more special. When it comes to cow care, our ladies get pampered with the best care, from fitness trackers and extra soft bedding to rolling back massagers and perfectly prepared feed. Address 4165 Highway 101 North Tillamook, OR 97141. Enjoy it while I go enjoy another scoop of ice cream at Charlie’s! This place is a tourist trap and the staff here are rude. The new facility also includes much-needed “back of house” upgrades to help the Creamery run more smoothly. The popular rolled ice cream chain 8° Fahrenheit Ice Cream has opened up a location in Sacramento. During the holidays Gunther’s makes fresh eggnog - yum! read more. My favorite flavors are the Sexy Georgia and Matcha Lady. Have you tried rolled ice cream yet? That's why our farms use more modern methods like fully-automated, robotic milkers or the more traditional milking parlor pictured here. Their website proudly proclaims the company has been “Farmer owned since forever. We left the dairy, and I felt a certain sense of disappointment. I can’t begin to tell you the excitement I felt when I learned that delicious cheese was just the start for this company. You’ll discover just how we turn high-quality milk into award-winning cheddar. I could certainly understand closing to indoor dining but didn’t understand why distanced outdoor tables would be problematic. Friendly staff and informative self guided tour. Shortcuts. Award-winning, Seattle-based architecture firm Olson Kundig has designed our new Tillamook Creamery. However, we do offer a fruit sorbet option at our ice cream counter at the Tillamook Creamery so that everyone can enjoy a delicious dessert! Located at 1600 Ethan Way, Suite 60, Sacramento, CA 95825. Gouda and cheddar and jack cheese, oh my! Let's keep in touch. Visited the gift shop for a few things. …or if you wanted small chunks of it vacuum packed! For more details on what to expect during your visit, you can check out our website: https://www.tillamook.com/visit-us/creamery. You can shop all kinds of novelty candies and chocolates at Andy’s Candy Apothecary, they have two Sacramento locations. You can order the Dragon’s Breath Liquid Nitrogen puffs for a dramatic effect to your dessert. To top it off, we even did a little shopping in their souvenir shop. To make it even better? Of course, we had to stop. Things are different due to covid. We appreciate your patience and will do our best to get you inside as quickly as possible! An in-depth farm exhibit where visitors can learn about cows, dairy technology, and life on the farm. This place is a tourist trap and the staff here are rude. If you want to experience the store or take the tour, seems like you should carve out the full day due to the lines. The Ice Cream Puff is by far the most popular - ice cream inside a fresh hot donut. And yes, we send ourselves postcards. Due to COVID we had to wait in a line outside (covered) as they let in only so many at a time - line seemed to go pretty fast. For the most up to date information on hours and offerings, please click here. But I guess it would be a lot fresher. At this time, the cheese sampling line, the interactive Farm Exhibit, and all indoor and outdoor dining and seating areas remain closed to visitors. The portion size for the price was great. Next stop: aging for anywhere from 3 months to 5 years. The summer-season ice cream shop will be located in a currently vacant store front on Main Street at Second Avenue and will feature all 28 flavors of Tillamook Ice Cream. There, I can choose from among about a bazillion flavors of delicious Tillamook ice cream which are then topped with fresh-baked toppings from her bakery at The Merc! After a leisurely stroll through the historical streets of Old Sacramento you can stop and enjoy a few scoops of Tillamook ice cream. Gift shop was okay but ice cream was wonderful and a must stop after the tour. Get your hands on limited edition vintages and exclusive flavors you can’t find anywhere else. You used to be able to see them handle stirring the process ... now it's a informational self tour of automation at it's best.