Mix dry ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, yeast, sugar and salt, mix to combine. Now you can sprinkle your vegan fruit bread with more pepitas and sunflower seeds if you like, then bake for 45-60 minutes. Allow to cool completely. It doesn’t have to be a tight ball. (. This happened on my last batch, but ultimately the dough rose after about 2 – 2 ½ hours. Here are some of my favorites: If you try this vegan fruit nut tea loaf, please leave me a comment and a star rating on how you liked this easy recipe! List of 20 (Supermarket-Friendly) Vegan Bread Brands (including Gluten-Free) + The Easiest, Simplest, Healthiest Recipes for Vegan Bread, Tortillas & Pita Posted by: Lindsay S. Nixon Category: FAQ Enjoy all of the benefits of meal planning and more with our Meal Mentor membership . Read More…. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar and let rest for 10 minutes to curdle. Just made it today and the bread is nice and moist. I love to cook and bake and want to share that passion with you. Fill a small bowl with flour and lightly sprinkle a flat surface with flour. I did use very high quality organic dried fruits that are super sweet and soft so I guess that makes the difference too. Traditionally it’s baked in a clay oven called a Tandoori. , Your email address will not be published. :). In a medium bowl or 2 cup measuring cup, combine the ¾ cup warm water (between 105 and 115ºF.) When bubbles start to appear (above left), flip the naan and cook the other side. For a sweeter bread, also add 1/4 cup of sugar. (, « Vegan Potato Noodles (German Schupfnudeln), Vegan Meatloaf Recipe (Best Lentil Loaf) ». It contains a lot of fiber which makes you feel energized, happy, and satisfied. Homemade vegan nut fruit bread should ideally be stored in a cool and airtight place. Required fields are marked *. Vegan Naan – Easy to make at home, skillet cooked Indian style naan bread is soft, fluffy and delicious! It tastes very delicious with dairy-free yogurt or vegan cream cheese, nut butter and maple syrup on top, but it can also be enjoyed without any topping. Depending on your preferences, you can use more or less dried fruit, or only nuts, or only seeds if you want this bread to be nut-free. Then slice and enjoy! Set aside. In this recipe, flour, yeast, sugar, salt, yogurt is combined into a dough, left to rise and then rolled and cooked, creating an incredibly soft and flavorful Indian flatbread. Naan is a popular Indian flatbread served as a snack or part of a main meal. You can easily freeze this vegan tea loaf in a freezer-safe container or ziplock bag as a whole or in portions. Happy baking! Combine dry & wet: Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. SHOP     SUBSCRIBE   |   RECIPE INDEX, © 2019 THE SIMPLE VEGANISTA | A VEGAN FOOD BLOG, VEGAN BLUEBERRY MUFFINS (HEALTHY + EASY) », Green Salad + Chickpeas + Lemon Tahini Dressing, LEMON CHICKPEA ORZO SOUP (VEGAN AVGOLEMONO). Naan dough is leavened with yeast and made with yogurt for a super soft texture. Use any dried fruit and any nuts/seeds/kernels. Turn dough onto the flat surface and sprinkle with flour (pictured above right). Oat bread is typically made from a combination of oats, whole-wheat flour, yeast, water, and salt. Also, other Christmas spices, chopped apples, or other fresh fruit are a great addition. Combine dry & wet: Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Aside from that, other Christmas spices, chopped apples, or other varieties of fresh fruit are a great addition, too! When bubbles start to appear (above left), flip the naan and cook the other side (above right). When it comes to choosing the ingredients, I recommend checking the quality and origin of the products to get the best nutritional value. Simply separate individual slices of bread with a piece of parchment paper, then stack them up and place them in a freezer bag. Once done brush with melted vegan butter or olive oil (shown below). Grease and line a 25-cm or 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on both sides. Add more flour as needed to your work area and fingers. melted vegan butter or garlic infused olive oil. Yeast has expired, liquids were too hot, not warm enough spot for rising, or maybe one of the ingredients was too cool and the yeast didn’t activate right away. Once dough has risen it will have doubled in size, as shown above left. The perfect quick bread for breakfast or as an afternoon tea time snack! This basic recipe is very versatile, so feel free to mix and match the ingredients to your liking. Use your homemade naan to scoop up Chickpea Hummus or White Bean Hummus, serve alongside Chana Masala or Spicy Red Lentil Dal, make a wrap and fill it with the ingredients for this Falafel Salad, use for this White Flatbread Pizza + Zucchini, or simply eat it as is. Unit Weight: 39g per slice Av. I was afraid it would be to dry but it isn’t at all. Golden Tofu Burger on Potato Bun. This happened on my last batch, but ultimately the dough rose after about 2 – 2 ½ hours. Perfect for soaking up soups & stews, and as a base for mini pizzas and wraps. First, preheat the oven to 356°F (180°C). Mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Here you’ll find many delicious recipes which are mainly plant-based and easy to make for everyone. Furthermore, this is also a great way to use up leftover dried fruit, nuts, and more! ... Add the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top. Most Tip Top breads are vegan. Get into the habit of looking at the ingredients lists before buying. For acidity, add 1 tablespoon lemon juice of ½ – 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (the full tsp. Roughly chop the nuts and dried fruits. Dough will be tacky. When ready to bake, roll a piece into a ball. The warmer the area, the faster the dough will rise. If using vegan mayo, let it come to room temp and use in a 1 to 1 ratio. View recipe. Love it! Easy to make at home, vegan naan bread bakes up pillowy soft and delicious! If you’ve ever had naan bread, you know just how delicious it is! Garnish: Once done brush with olive oil or melted vegan butter and enjoy! Heat skillet and bake: Get the skillet nice and hot by heating over medium-high heat. My favorite hot drinks are creamy Matcha latte or whipped Dalgona coffee. of vinegar will make it tangier). Your email address will not be published. That being said, this nut fruit bread requires only simple pantry staple ingredients that are easy to find and can be kept for long periods in your cupboard. If it gets dry after a few days, gently warm your slice in the microwave for a few seconds to soften before eating it. Vegan All Fridge Fridge Specials !! This Vegan Fruit and Nut Bread recipe is a quick and easy tea loaf that’s healthy, delicious, and gluten-free! When the batter is ready, add it immediately into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top. To keep longer, freeze for up to 2 months. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and coconut sugar. In a measuring cup, stir together the orange juice with water and oil. Then slice and enjoy! FOLLOW TSV on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or RSS for more updates and inspiration! If dough doesn’t rise, let it rest a little longer until it does. Knead the dough by pulling the dough ball onto itself about 5 times, and form a ball. It is best to put it in an airtight container or wrap it in cling wrap, then keep it in the refrigerator for a few days. Cover and let rise: Tightly cover bowl with saran wrap and let rest in a warm area away from drafts for about 60 – 90 minutes. In contrast to nut or fruit cake, this bread recipe contains much less fat and almost no extra sugar, so you can enjoy it at any time of day without feeling guilty. Dough will be tacky. Pour this mixture into the flour mixture and mix everything until just combined. Tightly cover the bowl with saran wrap and let rest in a warm area away from drafts for about 60 – 90 minutes. with the yogurt and oil. Place dough onto the un-greased skillet surface. Dough will be rough & shaggy looking and tacky to the touch. View recipe. Place dough onto the skillet surface. Tip Top. It contains a lot of fiber which makes you feel energized, happy, and satisfied. Mix wet ingredients: In a medium bowl or 2 cup measuring cup, combine the ¾ cup warm water (between 105 and 115ºF.) Then add it to the flour mixture and stir briefly until just combined. Nutrition is calculated automatically and should be used as estimate. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Fried Chicken Breakfast Burger. It’s making me hungry already! Now make the batter. The batter doesn’t need to be completely smooth – a few lumps are fine. This also helps to get rid of any air bubbles which often cause holes in the bread. Dough didn’t rise: If dough doesn’t rise, let it rest a little longer until it does. Here a few of my favorite options: If you try this Indian flatbread recipe, please let me know! For this bread recipe, I prefer using dried fruits, nuts, and seeds from organic brands that offer high-quality foods.