Now, here's our best dividend stock today with an 8% yield…, if (location.search.indexOf("continueReading=1") >= 0) { jQuery(window).load(function() { jQuery(window).scrollTop(jQuery("#continueReading").offset().top - 35); });}, Join the conversation. Over decades, I've learned that the true tell on great stocks is that big money consistently finds its way into the best companies out there – especially dividend-paying stocks. The payout has been hiked every year for more than 25 years. By using Investopedia, you accept our. Money Morning gives you access to a team of ten market experts with more than 250 years of combined investing experience – for free. Your email address will not be published. Today, I'll show you some of the best dividend stocks to buy. Free members are limited to 5 downloads per day, while Barchart Premier Members may download up to 100 .csv files per day. © 2020 Money Morning All Rights Reserved. Protected by copyright of the United States and international treaties. Garrett joined Money Map Press as an economist and researcher in 2011, specializing in alternative strategies with an emphasis on fundamental and technical analysis. One of them has an 8% yield. The truth is it's one of the companies leading the way to 5G. Many investors will look for stocks with a high dividend for investment. Click on any of the widgets to go to the full page. Especially when using a custom view, you may find that the number of columns chosen exceeds the available space to show all the data. Disclosure: At the time of publication, the author holds long positions in Bristol-Myers Squibb, Walmart, The Home Depot, and Microsoft but no position in Apple. However, caution should be exercised as many high dividend stocks … For decades, income-minded investors have searched for the best dividend stocks out there. So, I expect that Botox demand – and the related cash flow of the increasingly popular treatment – to remain solid over the decade ahead. The shares have been on a tear for years. Stocks: 15 minute delay (Cboe BZX data for U.S. equities is real-time), ET. As you can see, Apple has a strong dividend history. When deciding on a strong candidate for long-term dividend growth, it's a good idea to look for many years of dividend increases. Repeat this anywhere as you move through the table to enable horizontal scrolling. Scroll through widgets of the different content available for the symbol. Our first dividend stock today has raised its dividend consistently for 36 years…. Volume reflects consolidated markets. I want the odds on my side when looking for the highest-quality dividend stocks … and I own many of them. On top of technicals, when deciding on the best dividend stock, you should look under the hood to see if the fundamental picture supports a long-term investment. Right-click on the chart to open the Interactive Chart menu. (Simply create a free account, log in, then create and save Custom Views to be used on any data table.). For dynamically-generated tables (such as a Stock or ETF Screener) where you see more than 1000 rows of data, the download will be limited to only the first 1000 records on the table. It has increased its dividend each year for 52 consecutive years, placing it on the exclusive list of Dividend Kings, a group of less than 30 stocks with 50+ consecutive annual dividend … That can be true in the stock market as well. When deciding on a strong candidate for long-term dividend growth, muted performance is not a bad thing: Below are the big money signals that Apple stock has made over the past year. Ranked #9 in Top Dividend Stocks United Community Banks, Inc. is a bank holding company, which engages in the provision of consumer and business banking services. The second-largest high dividend stock is pharmaceutical giant AbbVie Inc. (NYSE: ABBV). This page lists today's stocks paying the highest annual dividend yield. When deciding on a strong candidate for long-term dividend growth, recent performance in the shares is important: Below are the big money signals that Home Depot stock has made over the past year. Buying on dips can offer higher yields to a dividend investor. Decades of Increasing Payments: 25 S.A.F.E. But they won't cause you nightmares either. When we have seen a run like the one since the lows in March, playing defense with dividend stocks makes a lot of sense. In my experience, the main criteria to look for when betting on great dividend stocks include a history of strong fundamentals, increasing dividend distributions over time, great entry points (technicals), and a history of bullish trading activity in the shares. What if I told you IBM expects to have a functioning quantum processor with more than 1,000 qubits (apparently that's a lot) by the end of 2023? On top of technicals, when deciding on the best dividend stock, you should look under the hood to see if the fundamental picture supports a long-term investment. It has been there, done that, and been around forever. Garrett Baldwin is a globally recognized research economist, financial writer, and consultant with degrees from Northwestern, Johns Hopkins, Purdue, and Indiana University. As stock prices head lower, the dividend yield increases. Each View has a "Links" column on the far right to access a symbol's Quote Overview, Chart, Options Quotes (when available), Barchart Opinion, and Technical Analysis page.