Turns out Yeezus would have been received as pop music if Kanye had just whispered everything? Halsey’s nu-metal phase may have only amounted to a one-off single, but it was nice (or rather, nasty) while it lasted. The year is almost over, and the lists are abundant. Charli XCX has spent much of her career locating an extremely mechanical yet deeply human sweet spot. Last week: 1 Highest chart position: 1. Heritage’s exit is just part of this year’s turnover. In total, three new firms join the 2019 Top 40 Supplier list, led by iClick (asi/62124). [, Maroon 5, DJ Khaled, DaBaby, and Guns N’ Roses will perform at Bud Light Super Bowl Music Fest during Super Bowl week in Miami. With a nearly 20% rise in 2018 sales, driven by a diversified product line of apparel and hard goods, alphabroder (asi/34063) jumps past SanMar (asi/84863) in Counselor’s 2019 rankings. Classic in style and modern in execution, every note, texture, and nuance of “Don’t Start Now” is perfect. Top 40 Suppliers 2019: No. Rosalía’s pivot to Latin-American urbano stylings this year was controversial. View Lewis Capaldi's Official UK Chart history in full. Of that group, seven produced revenue hikes of more than 20%. The only debut in the top 10 belongs to Fabolous and Pentatonix. Other tracks from GIRL were weightier and more timely — “GIRL” and “Common” included — but the one I couldn’t stop listening to was about a love so sturdy it can weather anything. Paired with exoskeleton-reinforced acoustic strums and a wobbling piano sample that seems to disintegrate on impact, the sound of Claire Cottrill’s inner life as her ex packs up and leaves is stunning. At The Disco) Taylor Swift & Brendon Urie 6 7. There were more-hyped songs on Mark Ronson’s Late Night Feelings, and more-hyped King Princess songs, but this popping, snapping, effervescent ’80s-vintage breakup lament was the Actual Best Thing either one of them released in 2019 (and both had extremely fruitful years). Rosalía made her name on a dazzling update of flamenco, infusing it with forward-thinking R&B and electronic pop. Top 40 Suppliers 2019: No. TOP 40 - June 22, 2019 . Read the latest music news on rock, pop, country, jazz, rap, hip hop and more, get ringtones and lyrics. This one is called The Top 40 Pop Songs Of 2019, which is a double entendre, see? Counselor’s exclusive ranking of the suppliers with the most revenue in the ad specialty market. Top 40 Suppliers 2019: No. Led by 4imprint (asi/197045), the five largest distributors in the market each recorded more than $400 million in 2018 promo sales. Dancing With A Stranger Sam Smith & Normani 19 1. In a year when Chromatics finally released a new album, Taylor Swift somehow released the best Chromatics song. July 10, 2019. Would’ve ranked even higher if Ari pronounced “NASA” correctly. The news comes as music trade body the BPI revealed that music consumption in the UK was up for fifth year in a row, with 114 billion music streams logged in 2019 – up 3,000% on 2012. Old Town Road Lil Nas X 9 5. You have been successfully added to our mailing list, keeping you up-to-date with our latest news. Counselor [, Alec Benjamin released a new song, “Mind Is A Prison.” [. Twenty-six firms are either in the same position as 2018 or moved up or down just one spot. Top 40 Suppliers 2019. Top 40 distributors posted even more impressive gains, generating $6.9 billion in revenue, a year-over-year increase of 14.5%. Decade-End Top Artists; Decade-End Top Artists - Interactive; Decade-End Hot 100 Songs; Decade-End Billboard 200 Albums; All … ©2020, The Advertising Specialty Institute®. e: estimate eg: estimate w/guidance * 25% of sales to other suppliers. Revenue figures are in $millions. This is what a boy band song should sound like in our modern era. (For what it’s worth, El Mal Querer attracted similar critiques from Andalusia’s Roma population.) As for albums: I figured the Frozen 2 soundtrack would rise to #1 sometime over the holidays, when major releases slow down but children continue to ask their parents to stream Disney music incessantly. Some saw it as a European imperialist engaging in cultural appropriation; others simply missed the flamenco-infused future-pop of El Mal Querer. 2019 Year-End Boxscore; All Year-End Charts; DECADE-END . The race for this week's Number 1 album: Little Mix considerably closed the gap yesterday with, Kylie and Little Mix's battle for Number 1 album will go down to the wire, Last Christmas flies in at Number 1 on the Official Film Chart, Now That's What I Call Music! To demonstrate its rapid gains, only two years ago the supplier recorded total revenue of $19 million. June 26, 2019 – Caldwell and MNP Announce 2019 Honourees. Camila Cabello’s album about falling in love was decent, but she was at her best this year slinging heartbreak alongside Mark Ronson. Alongside urbano superstar J Balvin and production partner El Guincho, Rosalía delivered one of 2019’s most vibrant musical offerings, a track that soared as high as its title implied even while tethered to the earth by its resounding low-end thump. 36 Spector & Co. The gear-shift into the chorus is just devastatingly beautiful. All of Clarity gleams with stylish precision, and its title track — as graceful and seamless a hybrid of trap and pop as you’ll find — may shine brightest of all. More festival-ready Spotify-core tracks should just randomly transform into “Where’s Your Head At.”, I like to imagine a world where this shimmering, surging, St. Vincent-assisted synth-pop anthem was Lover’s lead single. Ava Max’s January chart-topper Sweet But Psycho is at 6 (1.25m); Stormzy’s Vossi Bop finishes at 7 (1.14m); Tones & I’s 11-week chart-topper Dance Monkey – the longest-running Number 1 by a female artist ever – is at 8 (1.12m); and Senorita by Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello rounds the Top 10 out at 10 (1.07m). With this and “Small Talk,” Katy Perry spent 2019 becoming the queen of wistful breakup laments disguised as uptempo MOR jams. My biggest regret about The Week In Pop this year was not devoting a column to MUNA’s Save The World. With that focus in mind, I’m not including the likes of Lana Del Rey, FKA twigs, and Haim, all of whom are definitely making pop music of a sort but smell more like “indie” artists to me. Wow. [, Swift sang “Christmas Tree Farm” live for the first time at Capital FM’s Jingle Bell Ball. “I Wish” shimmers with swagger, like the Max Martin version of a rippling Mike Will Made-It production. “Ran$om” is a rap song; its chintzy singsong stylings are the genre’s lingua franca these days.