Sounds like a “Twin Peaks” episode in sonic form. 1 for 16 weeks. Honestly one of the best, most simple music videos of the year. The over-enunciated vocals. Hot on the tail of what many called "the worst year in all of recorded history," 2017 arrived to bring some changes. Honestly, the most shocking thing about 2017 was Niall Horan becoming my favorite former member of One Direction. A No. That’s Charli’s power. Gorgeous musical layers blanket Amelia Murray’s airy vocals. The effect doesn’t so much erase the “bad dream,” in this case—or death, in the case of “Someone Great”—but rather situates it as a part of life. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee Featuring Justin Bieber, I Don't Wanna Live Forever (Fifty Shades Darker), DJ Khaled Featuring Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance The Rapper & Lil Wayne, Clean Bandit Featuring Sean Paul & Anne-Marie, DJ Khaled Featuring Rihanna & Bryson Tiller, Calvin Harris Featuring Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean, Calvin Harris Featuring Frank Ocean & Migos. But we both knew a mood like this so strong would be wrong to suppress The one slip-up is that Lil Wayne’s portion should’ve been cut, both because it makes the song too long and because it’s not up to par. Young Thug. It’s difficult to imagine how 2017 might have gone better for him. Push me to the edge Prayin’ the 20 somethings don’t kill me, don’t kill me. The synths sparkle and twinkle like stars in the blue night. The Caribbean stroll of “Madiba Riddim” is one of Drake’s sunniest songs. With an infectious chorus and an inspired Frank Ocean, Calvin Harris gave us one of the brightest moments in the year. Its overriding priority should not be to “challenge” or to be thought-provoking, as it is for other artforms. He juxtaposes a thousand motorcycles revving alongside subtle, swirling synths. But summertime is too fleeting to spend it complaining. "Tension" by Fergie Interscope Records The best Britney Spears song released in 2017… Copyright © 2020 The Federalist, a wholly independent division of FDRLST Media, All Rights Reserved. Its anthemic power is irrepressible. Lady Gaga's best in years! Problematic. Kendrick’s “DAMN.” is widely regarded as one of the best releases of the year. No, My mother believes that this physical universe The first single from the band’s “Abysmal Thoughts” is a masterful example of how to layer driving pop vocals, shimmering guitars, and sky opening strings. Top 2010s Songs Disclaimer: Much of the information available is external to our website. The following table shows artists who achieved two or more top 10 entries in 2017. The inclusion of this song on this list is more of a *nod* to gay culture in 2017. Music Outfitters, Inc. has included these sites because we believe they provide information and/or services that you may find useful. attempting to bring listeners into his world. “Sportstar” is a beautiful piano ballad with distorted guitars gently adding texture in the background, perfectly accompanying the altered vocals. I rate it as the album’s second-best track. Rihanna and Bryson Tiller, "Symphony" by Clean Bandit feat. Say it’s here where our pieces fall in place British trio Clean Bandit make two entries in the Top 40: their chart-topping single Symphony ft. Zara Larsson places at Number 7 (1.3 million) and Rockabye is at 23.