(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ Moreover, the broth definitely has a seafood feel to it – almost has a slight lemony hint to it. The accompanying laksa paste adds a deep, homey character to the broth, as though it were stewed for hours. Spend $35 and get free shipping. Our editorial content is not influenced by any commissions we receive. The broth is thick and flavorful – almost gravy-like with a nice beefy pho taste. Indeed it is perfectly hydrated. Even vegetarians can enjoy our … If Momofuku Ando is considered the godfather of instant ramen, then you could make a strong case that Hans Lienesch is its greatest modern-day disciple. The South Korean ramyun noodles are thick and chewier than your run of the mill instant noodles—plus there’s a lot of ’em. My favorite add-ons for this one are cheese and kimchi.”, The Ramen Rater says: “Recently, Nissin Foods down in Gardena, California decided to change things up a bit. By Yoly. The vegetables hydrated very well and were complimentary. I did four of them, all current as of review 3545. “There’s an article from 2013 that mentioned I had the ‘instant noodle industry in a chokehold,’” says Lienesch. Vegetables are on point, noodles have a light chew, and just the nicest amount of spiciness. Original review, The noodles are very good – broad in nature and light in chewiness. Just wonderful – and they pair it with all kinds of noodles. This website or its third-party tools use cookies, which are necessary to its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the cookie policy. Extras include: sweet soy sauce, which is a thick and syrupy, sweet chili sauce, seasoned oil, a dry base, chili powder, and finally a crunchy fried onion garnish to put on top. © Hans Lienesch and The Ramen Rater, 2002-2020. In the process, Lienesch has gained a reputation as being a powerfully-influential critic of this dorm-room favorite. Holiday Buying Guide: Exotic Noods Sampler Boxes! The broth is thick from the coconut powder, which gives it a sort of milkiness. A truly great bowl here I thoroughly enjoyed. The noodles are broth-free but have a great chow mein/yakisoba flavor, which is a salty, Worcestershire kind of profile. The broth has a brilliant color to start with, and is slightly milky. This pairs really well with a fried egg on top for breakfast.”, The Ramen Rater says: “This one’s ideal for folks looking for a lower-calorie, lower-fat option. It’s so rich and strong and tasty! The Ramen Rater says: “The noodles are thick and have a great chewiness to them—definitely on the premium end of the spectrum. The broth is very much like Nongshim’s popular Shin Ramyun, but a tad less spicy. Fry it up with some cabbage, kizami shoga (that bright pink pickled ginger), mung bean sprouts, and of course your favorite protein.”, The Ramen Rater says: “A few years back, Nongshim decided to switch from foam bowls to plastic ones that were microwavable. You can scan bar codes to see reviews I’ve done while at the store, peruse the top ten lists, and do simple searches. Lienesch does admit, however, that around the time he hit the 400 slurp mark, a broader audience began to take notice of his noodle crusade. Products reviewed are copyrighted by their respective owners. To top it all off, fried onion bits that are the best I’ve ever had in any instant product – other than the wheat noodle package version of this product. Here the Ramen Rater identifies 10 underrated instant noodles you need to stock your pantry with. The broth is a sea of flavor. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. The instant rice noodles – fettuccine – came out remarkably well. This one’s from an arm of the Nongshim company.