They were tender and rose well, but were not particularly light or flaky. Unlike their predecessors, these were in the refrigerated section of the market and come out of the tube round and ready-to-bake, just like other brands of refrigerated biscuits. Homemade biscuits are so delicious, that I never buy them. Posted on March 22, 2009 September 10, 2010. I did all that and my can just didn’t want to open. My review follows with pictures and product info. They baked up well with the directions given on the packaging, though I had a slight preference for the slightly darker color of the batch I baked at a higher temperature. But the texture was a bit "doughy in the middle." BecomeBetty.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Copyright © 2020 — BecomeBetty.com • All rights reserved. But those totally turn me off of store bought biscuits! While these were edible, if you already have a favorite brand, then stick with those. Two panelists would buy this brand, two might, and one would not. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt where biscuits were concerned and picked up a tube of their new Buttermilk Biscuits. Again, however, there are plenty of refrigerated biscuits that won’t give you these problems (or this strange, square shape) so it’s up to you as to whether you want to try your hand at these. The last time I tried biscuits from Trader Joe’s, it was a disaster. I would had never known those were biscuits if you hadn’t identified them as such! Trader Joe’s Buttermilk Biscuits, reviewed (refrigerated) December 29, 2009 The last time I tried biscuits from Trader Joe’s, it was a disaster. The finished biscuits look nothing like the ones on the packet. The package states to bake them at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes, but I ended up baking them for a total of 15 minutes to get them nicely browned, Trader Joes Banana Almond Butter Protein Smoothie, Trader Joes Blueberry and Acai Facial Scrub, Trader Joes Cuban Style Citrus Garlic Bowl, Trader Joes Gluten Free Everything Bagels. However, once it comes out of a can, it’s never quite as good as homemade. I don’t normally mention foods that I either don’t like or have major problems with. Trader Joe’s Buttermilk Biscuits Reviews. Once it was open my biscuits were smushed in the can. There were no delicate layers and they were neither light nor dense. Wow!! There are some parts of the country where there are biscuits present most of the time. Tastewise, the biscuits are really good but IMHO not a noticeable improvement over the much simpler ready-to-bake version made by Pillsbury - although it must be noted that the Trader Joe's version is 100% free of chemicals and preservatives, which I doubt is true for Pillsbury's. Personalized health review for Trader Joe's Buttermilk Biscuits: 170 calories, nutrition grade (B minus), problematic ingredients, and more. Bought these for the first time today. This website takes its name from a famous Betty whose character was developed to give a more personalized response to consumer product questions. Not only were the baking directions on the package terrible, the biscuits looked and tasted bad no matter what you did. Rated 4.00 out of 5 based on 1 customer rating (1 customer review) Category: Baking/Cooking. I think once you’ve had real Southern biscuits there is no going back. The pros: Trader Joe’s Buttermilk Pancake and All Purpose Baking Mix works well for pancakes and waffles and is priced right. The verdict: In my … The pros: Trader Joe’s Buttermilk Pancake and All Purpose Baking Mix works well for pancakes and waffles and is priced right. Our Buyer first encountered these Crackers at a food show in Germany, and brought them to our Tasting Panel post haste. I agree much improvement over the frozen ones but still a far cry from homemade. Hey Ethel! The funny thing about this is that TJs actually revised the instructions once already and they still don’t work! I would bet I could take my own biscuits and freeze them and come out better. I’m pretty lazy when it comes to making biscuits even though I love to bake just about anything else! Baking, Bread, Refrigerated, Trader Joe's Bread, refrigerated, Trader Joes, Trader Joes Review, I’ve been working on mastering the craft of light, flaky biscuits. cookies, even when I cook in theright amount of time (18 minutes), stay heavy and dense and never really out of this form of block. Trader Joe’s Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup, reviewed, Trader Joe’s Peppermint Marshmallows, reviewed, Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches. That could have been fixed with some reshaping after placing them on a baking sheet, however, I did what I normally do with every other brand: place on baking sheet and bake them. Trader Joe’s Buttermilk Biscuits, reviewed. All Rights Reserved. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. The ingredients are pretty much what you would use in a homemade biscuit: wheat flour, buttermilk, butter, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Learn the good & bad for 250,000+ products. Here is the visual rundown of what you can expect if you purchase this item: The can of Trader Joe’s Buttermilk Biscuits: Would I buy this again? Learn how your comment data is processed. Wow! I’m going to make a little bit of an exception in the case of Trader Joe’s Buttermilk Biscuits because I have heard that lots of people have had problems with these and I have some tips that definitely improve them.