All folks coming to enjoy river fun will be required to wear a mask, bandana or neck/face gaiter while on our property and in the van. It is beautiful and addictive! We have multiple sizes, most with neck rests & cup holders and cooler tubes too. The Yadkin Pee Dee River Basin covers more than 7,200 square miles of the Carolinas.. I enjoyed communicating with the owner, who promptly called me back, to schedule a kayaking trip for my dad and several family members. Groups are welcome, but must call at least 10 days in advance to make reservations to get on the calendar and to ensure can accommodate you. It rises in the northwestern portion of the state near the Blue Ridge Parkway's Thunder Hill Overlook. Our goal for you is to relax, have fun, connect with nature & make memories while enjoying your time with RFRR. We offer trips through Wilkes, Surry & Yadkin Counties. My husband and I camped at bandit's roost campground over Memorial Day weekend and noticed this place on the way there. It was the only way some in our group could have experienced this adventure. I will say this is when things turned for the worst. Rocky Forest River Run is just minutes outside downtown Elkin just off Highway 268 on the Yadkin River. Add some fun – picnic after your river run! Each self-guided rental includes PFD (life vest). read more, Nice little operation in the Yadkin River rents tubes, kayaks, canoes and "River tubs." For a... The Yadkin River is one of the longest rivers in North Carolina, flowing 215 miles (346 km). We do too! RFRR offers rental of picnic tables and grills for your group to use. We chose a river "bucket" (imagine a large plastic water trough for cattle, purchased at your local farming supply store) for my mom and young daughters, thinking my husband could stay with them while the other adults followed behind in tubes. Great workout to stay” more, “. Rocky Forest River Run is just minutes outside downtown Elkin just off Highway 268 on the Yadkin River. We offer kayak rentals, river tube rentals and canoe rentals. Do you just love the full moon? All posts tagged Tubing on the Yadkin River. We also have our own private river access beside our dock and a large riverside area where our customers can enjoy rental space for picnics. This was our first mistake. Very fun, enjoyed the swimming and pulling kids on the float. RFRR has multiple brands and styles of kayaks. Took a family tub float with FOA and met John the owner at his rustic outfitter shop along the... Nice little operation in the Yadkin River rents tubes, kayaks, canoes and "River tubs." Following the kayaking trip, my brother and father asked me to schedule a river tubing trip with the same company. I strongly recommend. Owners very nice to talk with. We do update our Facebook page often, so like it to keep informed. Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Distillery Tours, Distilleries, Factory Tours, Things to do near Foothills Outdoor Adventures. If you have not tried kayaks yet, you might get hooked on your first trip. Book online and see for yourself why this place means so much to people.” more. It is one of the best ways to enjoy the river. The current population within the Yadkin Pee Dee River basin is about 1.6 million people in North Carolina, with an average population density of 222 persons per square mile.. We are a Paddle Sports full service outfitter, renting and selling other items you may need in our shop too. We had our own tubes so we just had to pay for the shuttle to drop us off, $7 one way, and life jackets $3” more, “We came all the way from Arizona to tube on the Yadkin River in North Carolina and I have to say it was an amazing time.. We have 3 boys aging from 4yrs to 9yrs old and they all had the time of their life. Several parts of the river are impounded by dams for water, power, and flood control. The safety, health and well being of our guests and staff is our priority. read more. RFRR is Count On Me NC trained and will follow social distancing guidelines, thus requiring us to reduce capacity in trip numbers when possible during transportation. Be careful at the output as the rocks can be slippery to climb up. You will begin your journey at the HRC base camp found in the heart of the Yadkin Valley. We are a Paddle Sports full service outfitter, renting and selling other items you may need in our shop too. Shuttle service is offered for those who have their own kayaks. We flipped around like fish in our tubes, trying to paddle with our hands - hoping to avoid dead animal carcasses in the river, large branches, or even the riverbank. Thanks to the owners' generosity we did have enough water, but hot water was noconsolation during the last two hours when we were tired and thirsty. Call ahead or book online, because Reservations are Required. “SO MUCH FUN!! I found it to be very relaxing but because of the brush on the sides of the river my husband did have to do some work to keep us out of it using the paddle that was provided for us. This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC. Please read the 2020 changes below: Please do not make reservations or travel to our area if you or a member of your party is ill, has symptoms, or have been exposed to COVID-19 within 14 days of your visit.