Mitchell also loves reading and follows Grace Wales Bonner’s look books. x Moncler, among others. Tyler Mitchell doesn’t want his debut book to sit inanimate on your coffee table; he wants it to be “a beacon of what we hope black lives will look like”. We shot in Walthamstow Marshes [in east London] and I remember feeling like the cover image in particular was magical. Simone Rocha Tyler Mitchell has the world at his feet, but it’s been a considered journey to get to this point. His client base includes Marc Jacobs, Mercedes Benz, Vogue, Nike, Vogue Magazine, and Ray Ban. Photographing Beyoncé for the magazine’s September 2018 issue, Mitchell made history as the first black photographer to shoot the cover in the magazine’s 126-year history. We need to have a huge push for Black and brown folk in front of the camera. Its 206 pages take us on a journey through grassy fields where a group of sundrenched Black men and women lie serenely atop picnic blankets, and through streets where young men are dressed in sky-blue collared shirts playing with hula hoops. He turned into a full-time photographer. Armed with a degree from the Tisch School of the Arts at NYU, Tyler has cemented a name for himself in the photography by working with international clients. In terms of the language, there are probably evolutions in the images that are just from my subconscious. Instead of signing with an agent, Mitchell showcased his work through Instagram, eventually landing jobs with Tyler Mitchell is an American photographer and filmmaker whose new-age aesthetic style has made him popular. It’s less on the Black creatives to be teaching and guiding people through it. Many celebrities have expressed their appreciation for his work. Marc Jacobs All of the characters within the book are friends and have a role within my personal life.”, “All the images in the book were collaborative with the subjects. Tyler Mitchell, who was interested in skateboarding as a teenager, realized that skate montages and videos earned well if shot professionally. Photographing Beyoncé for the magazine’s September 2018 issue, Mitchell made history as the first black photographer to shoot the … He first came into prominence with the publishing of ‘El Paquete’, a self-published photograph book that captured the life of the Skateboarding culture in Cuba. https://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/article/tyler-mitchell-i-can-make-you-feel-good He interned at Art Partner in 2016 and constantly juggled school, internship, and photography. These photos were later turned into a photobook titled ‘El Paquete’ (The Packet). View on Instagram. He was interested in skateboarding culture and taught himself how to make skate videos.