The scone was firm and moist, almost too large to finish! Not a "bad" experience, just didn't check all the boxes for a repeat visit. This simple maple latte is easy to make at home with no special equipment! I'm a big harry potter fan in general, so I was very drawn to this coffee shop when we first moved here and I love it there! The taste and temperature were perfect. I've never been a crazy Harry Potter fan, but I love the vibe in Bad Owl. Seven Oaks Lavender Farm is a small family-owned and operated lavender farm in Catlett, Virginia. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. 4.91 from 10 votes. It has a very nice ambiance and the staff is very kind and helpful. Smells great. Lavender lemonade is so new to me. Bad owl has an excellent ambiance, both modern and cozy. lavender syrup, oat milk latte, vegan latte. They can be reached via phone on (207) 236-8151. Enjoy updates from the farm, lavender tips, craft ideas, delicious recipes and news about upcoming specials. I'm already craving more! In fact, the only Harry Potter themed coffee product was their 'Flight of the Hippoglyph' which was like a flight of 3-4 espresso shots, so nope. In addition to the smell of ocean water in the air on rainy days in Portland, she loves puppies, photography, funny people, the Maine Red Claws, traveling, fresh tomatoes, Cambodia and filling out forms. Lavender flavor was nonexistent and "milk"was the overall flavor of the drink. Home Services. Disappointed on that one. The decor is really cute, which is what Initially brought me in. Probably the best lavender latte I've had as of late. Have to try the lavender ice cream and lavender lemonade, it's to die for! Their Kyoto Cold Brew coffee and Lavender Latte were quite good, but what really stood out was their pastries. It was beautiful and tasty. Or, check them out on Facebook. Your email address will not be published. To make homemade oat milk, simply add 1 cup old fashioned oats, 4 cups water and a pinch of salt to a blender and blend until smooth. Treat yourself to a relaxing morning with a calming lavender latte, made with a homemade lavender simple syrup and topped with frothy oat milk. It was flaky and buttery on the outside, cheese was hot and melty and ham was perfect but the jam was what tied it all together for me, it was accompanied by a yogurt which hit the spot. Great way to start the morning, Your email address will not be published. It only takes a few minutes, but of course you can use any kind of store bought milk or alternative milk that you prefer if you want to skip this step. I have tried all of their avocado toasts and I love them all. The lavender flavour evaded me in the Starbucks Honeycomb Lavender Frappuccino and I tasted mostly the blend of coffee, milk and ice. While we're not far from Washington DC, we can attest that life is better among the blossoms! This place is wonderful. Nice workers, pretty average wait time for coffee. AS Seen In: The Cottage Journal: French Cottage Edition Fall 2020. You’ll want to strain the lavender buds from the syrup after the syrup has cooled and had a chance to steep in the liquid. Cut your own lavender. Love this place My sister took me here when I was visiting from Socal The food is healthy and the Lavender Latte was my favorite. Latte was ok, but not worth the price. Hotels near Lavender Ridge Farms: (7.91 mi) Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville (7.49 mi) La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gainesville (9.97 mi) Best Western Red River Inn & Suites (6.95 mi) Fairfield Inn & Suites Gainesville I-35 (6.27 mi) Denton Street Heritage House; View all hotels near Lavender Ridge Farms on Tripadvisor They don't seem to have their Butterbrew latte anymore or at least they didn't when I popped in. My friends hate me because every coffee shop we go to, I have to ask if they have lavender. Other surprises include the fact that it can be used to deter mice, flies, mosquitoes and other pests AND that the nectar from the plant is used to make a high quality honey. Once your lavender simple syrup is done you’ll be on your way to sipping on a lavender latte in no time at all. But, the BEST lavender surprise is that there’s a farm dedicated to the wonderful plant located right here in Maine! Print Pin Rate. Ready-made border Cottage garden scheme (1), Ready-made border The grand experience (1), Edible flowers plant and seed combination (1), Lavandula angustifolia Melissa Lilac ('Dow4') (PBR), Lavandula × intermedia Phenomenal ('Niko') (PBR), Lavandula stoechas subsp. Near Me; Matcha Latte ; Best Matcha Latte Near Me. I cannot wait to comeback for lunch. Lavender is one of my favorite flavors of the season, and I thought it sounded lovely in a coffee drink. As I mentioned earlier, making your own lattes at home is a great way to save money, and it’s incredibly eco friendly since you’re not using a cup, lid and sleeve that gets tossed after a single use. If you love cheese, you’ll love one of our recent articles all about Appleton Creamery. Real happening place for hipsters if you're into that. Auto Services. I tried a lavender latte and Nutella frap thing. You'll receive your first newsletter soon! Well worth the trek though. Then add 1 tablespoon of the lavender simple syrup to the cup. I went here on a whim and now addicted to their lavender lattes!! From the food all the way to the drinks it was all exceptional. Dallas' Reunion Tower GeO-Deck Observation... SEA LIFE Aquarium Dallas Admission Ticket. So I'm leaving t, NEW on the blog! Lattè was a bit above average. Veggies were fresh. Definitely recommend for someone who enjoys coffee or for anyone who just wants a nice place to hang out. Now that spring has arrived I was inspired to make this Lavender Latte to satisfy that bougie coffee drink craving. Love Maine? The service, coffee and breakfast was delicious. Cuisine: American. Both were excellently prepared and presented nicely. Top with frothy oat milk. Good temperature, flavor, ratios of milk to flavor to espresso. The Nutella Latte & Lavender Latte are by far my favs, but they also kill the basics as well. You can typically find dried culinary lavender buds in the spice section of your grocery store or at your local farmers market. A fork, you can even spring for two. In a small saucepan, combine sugar, water and lavender. Michelle has lived in many places, but counts Maine as one of the best. Course: Beverages. Mild on the lavender, but creamy and enjoyable. While we're not far from Washington DC, we can attest that life is better among the blossoms. Making your own oat milk for this homemade lavender latte is a completely optional step. I am bummed that I didn't find this coffee shop sooner! Looks perfect for a cozy afternoon – love that you used oat milk. The lavender coffee was pleasant but very subtle. Rich but served with a lime to cut that richness. Baristas in a very good mood, seem to love what they're doing. Simple Maple Latte. I had the regular croissant and the blueberry scone. When making a latte, I reduced the amount of syrup to 1 -1.5 teaspoon. Write a Review. Just make sure to use culinary lavender as not all types of lavender are meant for cooking. Another herb-inspired drink is what drinkers commonly refer to as ‘purple drink,’ which consists of soy milk, passion iced tea, and vanilla bean syrup. Copyright © Seven Oaks Lavender Farm, 2014. Catlett, VA Just fill in the form below. Seasonal, so need to follow callender. Staff was ok, maybe having an off day. You won't be disappointed in the hidden Henderson gem ! Virginia lavender farm, open to the public through June and early July and select weekends through the year. I have been here twice now and enjoyed it equally both times. I spent half a day here with some friends but will definitely be returning with my family as this place is super kid friendly. Not enough positives for me to return. Or, check them out on Facebook. Visit Glendarragh Lavender Farm online by clicking here. The store is located at 22 Main Street in Camden. Warm fall flavors of maple and spices will make any morning cozy! Step 2: Strain the water into a separate container, then add the sugar and stir until well combined. I haven't eaten here but noticed others around me eating and the food also looked beyond amazing ! Can't wait to try it! North (1) South (24) West (24) Special conditions. Small shops setup are walking thru really nice. Shrubs; Lavender; Clear all filters. The espresso is fabulous and so is the lavender latte and waffles. The time it took was nearing 30 minutes, so I opted to have it as take out instead. more, Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Gainesville. Ring tailed lemurs!! Equal parts sugar and water are simmered with dried lavender buds to extract the flavor. Lavender has calming and stress relieving properties, making this lavender latte a perfect choice to balance your senses on a busy morning. It should be noted that their 'Kyoto' cold brew was very recommended. I will be recommending this place to my friends! Food took a bit longer to come out. The potter names of the drinks and food are very fun especially if you are a Harry Potter fan! The frap was too sweet for me. Plenty of seating, some seating is a communal large tables. The iced honeycomb lavender latte or frappuccino is a popular limited-edition drink in specific countries and consists of Starbucks’s signature blonde espresso roast, simple syrup, and milk. Toast, toasted perfectly. Is this a must-do if you are traveling with a, Is this a place or activity you would suggest for, Is this a romantic place or activity that you would suggest for, Are the prices for this place or activity, Is this a place or activity you would go to on a, Is this attraction a good place to visit on a, 2391 County Road 178, Gainesville, TX 76240-7695. at the delicious cafe (try the ice cream and cheesecake!!! We visited during the off season, but the staff were so friendly we had a great time. I ordered the lavender latte and it was light and delicious. Some mornings though I do crave a fancy flavored latte that you would find at a coffee shop. Plants are really deal to buy. Accommodating and friendly. You can also use the highest quality organic ingredients, if that’s important to you. We believe that supporting local attractions is important now more than ever and we hope our articles inspire your future adventures! The ambiance is relaxing and the service was great! Great recipe! I ALWAYS order a lavender latte if it's on the menu.The everything avocado toast was great as well. Want to chime in. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Coffee was just above average. Was 75% done with coffee by the time food arrived. So tasty you don't even need syrup, just freshly whipped creme will do.