It is hard to say no to a certified organic brand that tastes pretty darn good. contains: wheat, soy. They were one of the first natural brands to take on Eggo with more wholesome ingredients. We are not nut free famiily so we add a bit of peanut butter. So cheers to fun, and cheers to simply delicious foods—from us to you. I usually make mine from scratch (I have Celiac Disease), because waffles are sometimes really weird and not always super affordable. I LOVE this post! I have never had frozen waffles - we always made them from scratch! They are also not organic or non-GMO. Is there a reason that you don't prefer any oil in the frozen waffles? They are a flaky-crispy as opposed to a crunchy-crispy. I was looking for a healthier waffle when I found the bifchbender protein and paleo waffles. I was not compensated or provided with free product. Would I purchase them again? Do not refreeze thawed product. Please note that ingredients, processes and products are subject to change by a manufacturer at any time. From the aforementioned Eggo waffles of your childhood to the health nut's go-to (Kashi 7 Grain Waffles), editors made notes dissecting each waffle's … Changed the recipe for the worse!!! The protein pack is great and reliably more than regular frozen waffles, even from the same company. contains: wheat, soy. Nutrition (per 2 waffles): 140 calories, 5g fat, 20g carbs, 4g fiber, 3g sugars (includes 3g added sugars), 4g protein.*. The taste does not overpower the maple syrup either. Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Reviewed in the United States on September 9, 2020. Love this breakdown + so much great info! When we created Rip Van Wafels out of our dorm room in 2012, we were tired of eating the same old snacks and frustrated that the big cookie brands were doing nothing to reduce the high sugar and … Would I purchase them again? I also tried them toasted and topped with pure maple syrup. For some strange reason, I’ve had a mad craving for frozen waffles. When you compare to other waffles,where the protein … I was sceptical that these waffles would taste funny likes some healthy foods do. We share dairy-free recipes, product reviews, news, recommendations and health guides to aide those with milk allergies, lactose intolerance or a general need or desire to live without dairy. Quality of ingredients: This is definitely not my favorite brand as far as ingredients go. Harence Shoes for Women Comfortable Slip On Driving Loafers Casual Leather Walking ... DC Men's Court Graffik Skate Shoe, Black/Black/Black, 10 D D US, JUMP Men's Sullivan Tan Handpainted Leather High Top Sneaker US Size 8.5. I’ll keep an eye out for the Blueberry. I hope you find this review helpful! Our Power Grains Totally Original waffles give you the protein you need in the morning with the taste you love. But that’s not to say those mornings don’t deserve the very best. That would be tragic! Blueberry are fabulous. Over time, new flavors have rotated in and out, and they have even come out with a gluten-free line. contains: wheat, soy. What do you mean by double toasting? They’re easy to prepare you can throw them in the toaster. Number of ingredients: 13 Sixth place: Hy-Vee, Previous post: Paleo Beefy Butternut Squash Enchiladas, Cooking, Dining, and Living Life in My Mostly Whole Foods World. Attend toaster while heating.Caution: waffle will be hot.Oven or toaster oven cooking directions:Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place waffles flat on baking sheet in oven or on rack in toaster oven for about 6-7 minutes or until crispy and hot. Number of ingredients: 12 So when I spotted Van’s Frozen Waffles on sale for $2 and I had a $1 off coupon, it was kismet. Sugar is listed as the fifth ingredient, and these waffles are made with vegetable oil, soy, and whey. As a result, I like to think I am a bit of an expert on which ones are the best. Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Texture: I am not a fan of the texture of these waffles… Toaster waffles used to be my favourite breakfast thing growing up (especially the blueberry eggo ones), but I haven't purchased or eaten any in years. Whole grain waffles meet pure organic ingredients. There was a problem completing your request. So disappointed!! That same passion for seriously wholesome, seriously tasty foods still lives on today. Give it a try! Ingredients: water, organic whole wheat flour, organic unbleached wheat flour, organic soybean oil, organic oat fiber, organic cane sugar, baking powder (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, monocalcium phosphate), organic malt extract, sea salt, organic soy lecithin, organic guar gum, organic caramel. Can you please let me know where are they on sale? Oh yeah! The inside is a bit chewier than I prefer, even after double-toasting. It was there at our original Van’s Foods restaurant that we first dished up whole grain and gluten free hot ‘n toasty waffles. It was last week, so I’m not sure if they are still on. They hold toppings well and soak up the perfect amount of syrup. Water, Enriched Flour (Unbleached Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Van's Power Grains Mix (Whole Wheat Flour, Cracked Red Wheat, Steel Cut Oats, Millet And Brown Rice), Wheat Protein Isolate, Non-GMO Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Cane Sugar, Baking Powder (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Baking Soda, Rice Flour, Monocalcium Phosphate), Vital Wheat Gluten, Natural Flavors, Cinnamon, Oat Fiber, Soy Lecithin. Number of ingredients: 12 Alisa is the founder of GoDairyFree.org, Food Editor for Allergic Living magazine, and author of the best-selling dairy-free book, Go Dairy Free: The Guide and Cookbook for Milk Allergies, Lactose Intolerance, and Casein-Free Living, and the new cookbook, Eat Dairy Free: Your Essential Cookbook for Everyday Meals, Snacks, and Sweets. The texture is good both for spreading with toppings and for drizzling with syrup. Quality of ingredients: I appreciate that these are dairy-free, but I do not love that they contain both corn and soy. Plus, these would just the "original" flavors. Van’s Foods Gluten-Free Original Frozen Waffles, Taste: The taste is pleasant, but I found the waffles to be rather plain without plenty of toppings. I figured the Kashi ones would be worth trying! We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. These waffles just weren’t as satisfying as their more traditional counterparts. Quality of ingredients: These waffles are vegan, but contain ingredients like vegetable oil, soy, and corn. I love these waffles. For More Product Information: Visit the Van’s International Foods website at www.vansfoods.com. It's not that I don't prefer oil in waffles, I just don't like the use of oil other than olive oil, extra virgin oil, and coconut oil as other oils tend to be high in Omega 6's, which when out of proper ratio with Omega 3's tend to be inflammatory. But this post is all about the wheat-based varieties of Van’s Frozen Waffles. Each one is dairy-free (see my specific notes below) and has an infusion of whole grain goodness. No food product can be guaranteed “safe” for every individual’s needs. Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews. It was there at our original Van’s Foods restaurant that we first dished up whole grain and gluten free hot ‘n toasty waffles. Reviewed in the United States on July 31, 2020. Please try again. Califia Farms AlmondMilk Creamer Expands Their Seasonal Selection, Organic Bread of Heaven Cookies in Classic and Refined Sugar Free, Mooala Plant-Based Creamer is Making Dairy-Free More Convenient, Boston Cream Pie Waffles Recipe with Dairy-Free Pastry Cream, Homemade Dairy-Free Bread: A Dozen Recipes that Rise to the Occasion, How to Substitute Eggs: 10 Easy Vegan Swaps for Every Recipe, Dairy-Free Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Campbell’s Copycat! Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. Because of this, the company chooses to add a “contains milk” statement, which is a bit misleading. They tasted the most like non-gluten-free waffles out of all of the varieties I tried. Where I live now my options are much more limited, but I'm definitely going to be looking for some of these. Overall score: 3 Reviewed in the United States on April 21, 2020. Van's is the best I've had so far. Certifications: Most varieties of Van’s Frozen Waffles are Non-GMO Verified and Certified Kosher Pareve, but see the packaging for specifics. Toast or heat before eating. Would I purchase them again? - Van's … I am in my 80s and don't do from scratch much anymore. What a bummer! I tested six frozen gluten-free waffle brands available in my area (Eastern Iowa in the Midwest). That said, I crave fulfilling breakfasts, not fluffy ones, so this truly hit the spot. Not only that, I do not own a waffle iron. Toasting ability: Along the same lines as the chewy texture, these do not crisp up enough after toasting. Ooh, good to know Leisha! It is definitely nice that so many brands are coming up with GF options these days! They're filling without being too sweet. These do not appear to have any milk in the ingredients, but one of the ingredients has a “may contain milk” statement on it specifically. So we pack a little extra awesome into everything we make. Won't be buying anymore! You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy. If extra fiber or protein is important to you, these waffles aren’t a bad option, but on flavor alone, they just can’t … Ingredients: water, van’s 8 whole grains mix (whole wheat, oat, barley, brown rice, dark rye, quinoa, amaranth and millet flours), non-gmo expeller pressed canola oil, oat fiber, cane sugar, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, baking soda, rice flour, monocalcium phosphate), malt extract, sea salt, organic honey, cinnamon, soy lecithin. I like the taste of the waffles it the sugar content is too high. Texture: The texture is quite good and provides a whole grain/wheat texture even though they are gluten-free.