You have been successfully subscribed. Then, switch to a paddle attachment (skip this step if not using a stand mixer) and mix on low speed for 1-2 minutes. Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life. What you will need to make a vegan carrot cake and why: work best, but you can also make it easy and use store-bought frosting – most varieties of Pillsbury and Duncan Hines are vegan. Came out moist and delish. Allow your cakes to cool completely before frosting. You can also line the bottom of your pan with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted it the center comes out clean. Make it into an easy 3D bunny cake – It’s super easy and I give you step by step instructions! Perfectly moist and studded with raisins, this vegan carrot cake is sweetened with dates and banana and gets its rich flavor from cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and vanilla. Use right away, or refrigerate briefly for to firm up before using. made with every-day ingredients that you can find at your local grocery store. Use a 12 X 18-inch sheet pan to bake the cake. Vegan Carrot Cake […] Easy Vegan Instant Pot Chocolate Cake | Simply Plant Based Kitchen - […] Healthy Vegan Carrot Cake […] Don’t over mix the batter. I knew that this carrot cake recipe never failed me, so I was sure that it would work well. Bake your cake until it dry on the top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. She is also a cooking instructor, teaching classes at TrueNorth Health Center and the McDougall Program, both in Santa Rosa, CA. September 30, 2020 at 9:54 am. No need to peel the carrots before shredding them—just give them a quick wash to remove any dirt or grit. Set aside. I’ve made this carrot cake countless times for birthdays, holidays, and I even used this recipe to bake my own vegan wedding cake. Cathy began eating a plant-based diet in 1999, and in 2016 published her first cookbook, Straight Up Food: Delicious and Easy Plant-based Cooking without Salt, Oil or Sugar. Prepare your cake pans by rubbing them with oil and then dusting a little flour on the oil. Be sure to follow me on Instagram for daily vegan inspiration and recipe ideas! Add the date mixture to the oat mixture in bowl; stir just until combined. (When I use the buttercream frosting, I usually make it in the cinnamon flavor.). Once the oven has preheated, add the plant milk, oil, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract and mix in with a wooden spoon so that it is mostly combined. On the morning of the wedding, I assembled the cake on a stand, frosted them while still frozen, and topped them with fruit and sugar. The cake will keep for up to five days and tastes even better the day after it’s made. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Allow to cool on a rack for about 15-20 minutes before inverting to remove the cake from the pans. Bake at 325°F for 45 -50 minutes until the top is dry to the touch and springs back up when pressed slightly. https://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/vegan-desserts/vegan-carrot-cake In a smaller bowl, mix the brown sugar, plant milk, vanilla, and oil then stir with a whisk. Be sure to preheat your oven and don’t put the cake in until it has reached 350° F. Grease your cake pans before adding the batter. If you want a lighter fluffier frosting that works well for piping and decorating, use my classic vegan buttercream frosting recipe. Some dry patches are ok. (Add nuts and raisins at this time if you choose.). You don't want a big chunk of carrot in your cake. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper (or use a silicone baking pan). You can add nuts or raisins if you would like, or just leave them out for a simple cake. Cover and blend until smooth. Add the chopped carrots and beat with a whisk again for about 30 seconds until everything is incorporated. any neutral-flavored oil will work. Thanks for this recipe, it will be my go-to! You can also use coconut sugar or Sucanat. It’s really up to you. Spread with, 1½ cups unsweetened plant milk, such as almond, soy, cashew, or rice, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (or seeds from 1 vanilla bean), Straight Up Food: Delicious and Easy Plant-based Cooking without Salt, Oil or Sugar, Kale and Farro Salad with Orange-Avocado Dressing, Almond-Oat Cookie Bars with Pumpkin Frosting. Dairy Free. If I know that the people I’m sharing it with like nuts and raisins, then I add them. Be sure to preheat your oven and don't put the cake in until it has reached 350.