By using The Spruce Eats, you accept our, Vegan Chocolate Banana Breakfast Quinoa With Chocolate Soy Milk, 13 High-Protein Breakfasts for Vegetarians and Vegans, Vegetarian Bean and Barley Vegetable Soup, 10 Vegetarian and Vegan Tofu Stir-Fry Recipes, Vegan, Gluten-Free Baba Ganoush Without Tahini. Keep the leftover salad and dressing separately in the fridge. So, quinoa is all the rage because it’s healthy. Please enable Cookies and reload the page. And that’s because I eat salads like this vegan quinoa salad! quinoa tabbouleh salad from Logan Levant and Hilary Hattenbach, authors of the cookbook The Kitchen Decoded. When I made my roasted stuffed butternut squash recipe, we stuffed the butternut with a quinoa salad (without lettuce though).. Jaye was so blown away by the quinoa salad alone before we stuffed it inside the butternut that I knew then that I needed to do a standalone recipe for a vegan quinoa salad. Mediterranean Quinoa Salad ~ The perfect summery dish! ★☆. I love making delicious vegan food and creating delicious vegan versions of all your old favorite dishes, so you can have your vegan cake and eat it too! Instructions. ★☆ Thank you!!! In a medium saucepan, bring the vegetable broth (or water, if you prefer) to a boil. This incredible vegan quinoa salad, is not just gluten-free and vegan, it's detoxifying, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich. When she’s not at her desk, you can probably find Caroline cooking up a feast, planning her next trip abroad or daydreaming about her golden retriever, Mac. *The half small fresh lime squeezed equals around 1 Tablespoon of fresh lime juice. But I didn’t have to search far for a great alternative, thanks to this refreshing (and oh-so-easy!) Course: Salad, Side. Was indeed fluffier than standard. This is the brand our Test Kitchen found to be the best. Thus is my new go to recipe for quinoa salad. I'm so glad everyone liked it. Wonderful recipe. This quinoa salad is inspired by Mediterranean flavors, but don’t be afraid to make it your own. Would you use something else with that salad instead of quinoa? I love making delicious vegan food and creating vegan versions of all your old favorites, so that you’ll never feel like you’re missing out. Many Thanks! There is no wrong or right, it comes down to which taste appeals to you more. No one would ever eat a salad. It's fresh, satisfying and takes less than 30 minutes to make too. This is such a nice compliment! Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan. Here's what you'll need: (full amounts in recipe card below), Olive oil . You can top with vegan parmesan, pine nuts, more basil and fresh-cracked pepper. I will definitely make this again. In a small-medium bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients together. And then thirdly, what a load of hogwash. it was amazing !! It might taste a little tangy or salty, but it will be spread over a lot of quinoa and veggies, so keep that in mind. It might taste a little tangy or salty, but it will be spread over a lot of quinoa and veggies, so keep that in mind. But I don’t eat it because it’s healthy (though it is), I eat it because it’s totally delicious. Gently work it in with your fingers to coat. Please read my disclosure policy. This tasty vegan Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is made with chickpeas for a superb high-protein side dish, salad or full meal. Please read my. Join my newsletter to get the latest recipes, I'll also send my Fan Favorites ebook! In a large bowl, add the cooled quinoa, onion, cucumber, olives, roasted pepper and basil. *Tip: I press the tofu and chop the veggies while the quinoa is cooking and it takes about 25-30 minutes to complete. Find out more about me here. Thanks for the great recipe. Serve your quinoa salad with any main dish, fresh bread or tortilla wraps. Add the tomatoes and cucumber and continue to pulse until they’re coarsely chopped. Here's the secret to making light and fluffy quinoa. I usually don’t, but I don’t mind it a bit warm. Lightly sprinkle the crumbled tofu with salt, and pour 1-2 tablespoons of dressing on top. While the quinoa is cooling, add the parsley, mint, onions and garlic to a food processor and pulse until they’re finely chopped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hank you ! []))), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])-[]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!! Secondly, who needs to be given permission to eat whatever they want? I love chickpeas and quinoa for their high protein content. In a large saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil, then stir in the quinoa. Salad isn’t a chore or a duty, it’s a joy. The dressing is easily adjusted by personal taste, so just add more or less of the listed ingredient amounts as needed. SIGN UP, Home » Vegan Recipes » Side Dishes » Mediterranean Quinoa Salad (Vegan + GF), May 30, 2018 By Melissa Huggins / 8 Comments. It's fresh, satisfying and takes less than 30 minutes to make too. I will definitely make it again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his recipe lends itself to experimentation so try adding or swapping out different veggies such as zucchini, corn, kale, or spinach greens; there's really no wrong way to make a healthy quinoa salad. If you’re new to quinoa, be sure to take a peek at our guide to everything quinoa. So happy to hear that you loved the recipe; those added spices and veggies sound delicious! I went to a potluck last weekend and I brought along my Mediterranean Quinoa Salad. I love that this is fresh, seasonal, vibrant and hearty. Remove the cover from the quinoa and fluff it with a fork. https://www.thespruceeats.com/vegetarian-quinoa-salad-recipe-3377920 ★☆ Jolinda Hackett has written five books about plant-based cooking and has developed hundreds of vegan and vegetarian recipes. In a small, separate bowl, whisk together the whisk lemon juice, oil and seasonings until blended well. Test Kitchen Tip: In need of a new food processor? Plus, it can feed a whole herd of humans! It will make you want to eat more and more, that's why I am not sure with the serving size - … Vegetarian/Vegan/Gluten-Free Quinoa Salad. The quinoa salad is also great with avocado. It's a complete meal, so easy to make, and it only requires 7 ingredients. You can keep the liquid from the can and use it later as aquafaba, if you want. Pour the dressing over everything and gently toss to combine. I think that tamari sauce is also made from soy. If you'd like a tangier flavor, add a small amount of lemon juice. Quinoa salad, a perfect side dish or entree, ready in 30 minutes. Hi Sarah, I'm so glad you liked it! So add it just before serving the salad and make sure you don't have any leftovers. Tried it with cous cous, one time worked out really well. When your quinoa is cooked, add it to a salad bowl along with shredded romaine lettuce, sliced cucumbers, green olives, cherry tomatoes, sliced yellow bell pepper and avocado. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes, still covered, to allow the quinoa to fully absorb any liquid and become fluffy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