I'll try it at let you know (or someone else can beat me to it). also in case anyone was wondering it works fine with diet soda. 1 box yellow cake mix + 1 20-oz. My husbands nana used to make a chocolate cake where you poured the frosting onto the cake and it hardened on top and tasted like fudge, I think this is just a southern thing. Sign up with your email address to receive updates about new recipes, news, and blog posts. Stick in the oven for an hour at 350˚F, and you’re done! View by: Most Recent Most Liked. If you are vegan and have made this recipe please let me know which box of mix you used. Just mix one can of Coke with your cake mix and bake. Check the ingredients of the cake mix. The frosting will melt then re-harden as it cools. I know, I know, this cake is not even remotely good for you, but sometimes you gotta compromise your otherwise healthy ways and eat cake, vegan chocolate coca-cola cake! Now, let’s go grab a Sprite and some cake mix and get to baking! PETA encourages everyone to eat healthy animal-free foods. And oftentimes, I’m just too dang lazy. Vegan Coconut Chocolate Blondie Skillet Sundae, Tagged: coke, coca-cola cake, vegan chocolate cake, vegan coca-cola cake. Cooking Time: Servings: Recipe Category: Cakes. It was a quick and easy hit! Mayo Clinic Dietitian/Nutritionist/Vegan. This recipe has become a true obsession for me! 1 box spice cake mix + 1 can pumpkin pureé. He was very pleased and so was I! Mix until well combined. No worries—there are plenty of ways to replace eggs in nonvegan recipes. 1 box yellow cake mix + 1 cup orange juice + 1 6-oz. On the rare occasion where I didn’t need to unbutton my pants just to breath after my dinner, I would order my all time favorite dessert, fudgy Coca-Cola Cake! Start the frosting by adding the chocolate chips and 1 teaspoons of butter to a microwave safe container. (Unless otherwise specified, just mix the given ingredients together and follow the instructions on the back of your cake mix box for the baking temperature and time. Yes, that’s right, folks—we’re about to take laziness to a new level with some of these recipes. Even as a non vegan kid, I could have lived off of their vegetable plate! That’s about the time when boxed cake mixes come into the picture and make life worth living again. 2 tablespoons tapioca or corn starch. Mix one box of cake mix with one 12 oz (255 ml) can of soda. 1 box yellow cake mix + 1 cup unsweetened applesauce + 1 cup water. I really wanna try this one because it sounds so easy- thanks for your help! Whether you’re celebrating an occasion or you’re just trying to liven up someone’s day, baking a delicious vegan cake is a surefire way to make someone feel special. All you need to do is follow this two-minute low-fat, cholesterol-free vegan cake mix recipe! Let mixture simmer until the sugar and butter have melted. i didnt believe it would actually work until i tried it myself. Pour batter into the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester or tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean. 3/4 cups cocoa powder. Vegan Spice Cake Tips & FAQ. Why waste more time baking than you need to when you could be out saving more animals and such? Preparation Time: 5 min. The batter will be super-sticky once you mix it, but once baked, it will produce a fluffy and perfect cake. I have been able to find a few pillsbury box mixes that are vegan. I think if the cake was baked ahead of time and then frozen, it would take the frosting just fine. ), 1 box chocolate cake mix + 1 can (12 oz.) I like a lot of spice in my spice cake! YUM. You’re now officially a vegan boxed cake mix expert. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. PETA’s Here With Holiday Cheer, VIDEO: ‘You’re Required to Hang 28 Birds a Minute,’ Tyson Whistleblower Says, PETA Tells You Where to Order the Top Food Delivery Trends, iy_2020; im_11; id_12; ih_09; imh_56; i_epoch:1605203770661, py_2020; pm_10; pd_28; ph_11; pmh_03; p_epoch:1603908213586, link-block; link-block_link-block; bodystr, pn_tstr:Wed Oct 28 11:03:33 PST 2020; pn_epoch:1603908213586, https://www.peta.org/living/food/vegan-cake-mix-hacks/. Can you really make a cake using a box of cake mix and a can of soda? © 2018. to experiment on, eat, wear, use for entertainment, or abuse in any other way. 1/2 cup plant based milk plus 1 teaspoon vinegar, 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips, plus 1 teaspoon butter. well which are vegan? It’s a dream really. SO HOW'D IT GO? All recipes, photos, and content are property of 86 Eats LLC. I mean y’all, its a chocolate cake baked with COKE! Repeat until the chocolate has melted. Home Recipes Collections. You spread it onto a warm cake so it melts, then hardens back up to perfection. 2 teaspoons baking powder. Mix until creamy and smooth. Aug 7, 2018 - Forget measuring oil and cracking eggs with a cake mix. Spray an 9x13 cake pan or pyrex with some oil. Just whisk the orange juice with the Greek-style yogurt (the one I use is made from coconut milk) until fully blended, then combine with the cake mix. Only 1 or 2 Duncan Hines cake mixes are vegan. HINT: Stir a generous amount of pumpkin pie spice into your frosting for an even jazzier treat. In a medium size sauce pan, over medium heat, add the butter, sugar and coke. Pour into a greased glass baking dish. Cut the vegan butter into slices and place evenly over the cake mix. Current subscribers: You will continue to receive e-mail unless you explicitly opt out by clicking, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. This frosting is kind of like that. Vegan cakes are actually very simple to make, but sometimes, dealing with a whole recipe can be daunting. Coca-Cola, Pepsi, or lemon lime soda. 1/2 cup oil like grape seed or canola . PETA’s Guide to Making an Epic Vegan Ice Cream Sundae, Here Are PETA’s Fave Vegan Hot Snacks—Including ‘Accidentally Vegan’ Hot Cheetos, PETA’s Guide to Being Vegan in a Small Town, “Almost all of us grew up eating meat, wearing leather, and going to circuses and zoos. It was a quick and easy hit! I mean, they have candy, toys, audio books , scented candles, and delicious southern food! We used starch in place of the eggs, swapped butter, chocolate, and milk for plant based versions, and tada!!!!! It’s a 2-layer frosted cake that comes together using common pantry ingredients. Just check around and you usually can find one that is. 1 12 oz. Despite that (and despite the fact that it’s called “Fruity Dump Cake”), it’s actually insanely delish. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 30-40 minutes (depends on the cake mix/soda combination). 1 1/4 cup Coca-Cola. You’ll notice that the boxed cake mixes call for eggs (also known as chicken periods). Spread the frosting over a still warm cake and let cool before slicing into squares . Vegan White Stilton with Cranberries and Pecans, Vegan Big Beef and Cheddar Sandwich (Vegan Roast Beef), 4th of July Vegan BBQ Recipes For Everyone, 10 Healthy Vegan Recipes for the New Year, 15 Perfect Fall and Winter Vegan Desserts, Meet Debra! Mix the wet ingredients (milk, oil). Seriously, this cake is mind-blowing. In a large bowl, mix the soda and cake mix together. sounds neat. OK, so this sounds (and, honestly, looks) like something weird that your grandma’s friends might bring to a potluck dinner. Easy ginger cake – this one bowl sticky vegan ginger cake is so quick and easy to make and tastes amazing; it is the best ginger cake (vegan or otherwise) I have ever … Also, please check all packaging, as ingredients may change or differ by region. I made cupcakes for my husbands birthday. can of soda (dark for dark cake, clear for light cake) soo easy, simple, and delicious! Just mix ingredients together, bake and let cool. i have an all natural type "bag" of chocolate cake mix- am wondering if I can do this same idea- but don't know how much soda to put in- maybe if one of you can tell me what consistency the batter was I can try and match it. HINT: Serve this cake with some vegan vanilla ice cream and just die of melt-in-your-mouth happiness. Pour the batter in a 9inch baking pan and bake for 45 – 50 minutes at 356°F. Then whisk them both together. It’s that freaking simple. 6 tablespoons water. Add the milk and vinegar together in a cup and let the mixture sit for a few minutes. I made cupcakes for my husbands birthday. Using a stand mixer or large bowl and electric hand mixer, add the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, vanilla, butter, and mix until everything is well incorporated. But seriously, it works and it makes a yummy light and fluffy cake. Recipe: Vegan Snickers Cake. I would use a health food store brand that caters to vegans, should work just fine (although, for the record, I have never made this recipe). But, I tested this recipe, and it’s true! Bake according to directions on box. Here’s what to do: In a large baking dish, layer the pineapple and cherry pie filling, then sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the top. but everyone should try this! The resulting cake is perfectly moist and has a tender crumb; although without the binding power of eggs, the cake does tend to be a bit crumbly. And one last tip: HALLELUJAH! The World's Largest Collection of Vegetarian Recipes. The only thing is, frosting doesnt spread very well on the cake cause its very light. 1/2 cup vegan butter . This helps with avoiding a big mess. Mix all of the remaining dry ingredients together in a large bowl. The pumpkin spice flavor is perfect for the holiday season, but once you taste this baby, you’ll want it all year round. Pour in the heated coke mixture, oil, milk , vanilla, and starch mixture. anyone tried this? container vegan Greek-style yogurt (plain or vanilla). 1 box Duncan Hines cake mix. By submitting this form, you are agreeing to our collection, storage, use, and disclosure of your personal info in accordance with our privacy policy as well as to receiving e-mails from us. Oh! Chocolate cake: 250g flour, 150g sugar, 10g baking powder, 30g cacao powder, 250g plant milk, 100g sunflower oil. Remove from oven. Classic Yellow Cake. GET OUR NEW E-BOOK, an 18 recipe - plant based fall & winter holiday menu with bonus video content. HINT: You can pretty much use this trick with any boxed cake mix and any soda! Let the cake cool completely. Just trust me here! The cake still needs to be warm when you frost it! Vegan Holiday Roasts Warming Winter Football Party Backyard BBQ ... 1 teaspoon baking soda. Again, this is a ridiculously easy recipe, and it will produce a yummy classic yellow cake. Terms for automated texts/calls from PETA: Many sprinkles, icings, and even some pre-made grocery store tubs of frosting are ACCIDENTALLY VEGAN, What’s Hygge? If you didn’t know, some regular boxed cake mixes are accidentally vegan (check out some of the Duncan Hines brand varieties). Just mix one can of Coke with your cake mix and bake. Begin alternating adding a little coke, then a little powdered sugar at a time. Duncan Hines USED to have many "accidentally vegan" cake mixes -- in fact, the majority of them were vegan. Also, they bring you biscuits AND corn muffins with your meal. this recipe works with every box cake mix i have tried. If you’re going to indulge in sweets, please do so sparingly and make sure that there’s no cruelty to animals involved. Only 1 or 2 Duncan Hines cake mixes are vegan. It’s perfect for any celebration. View all 7 comments. HINT: You can pretty much use this trick with any boxed cake mix and any soda!