Made only from veggies, it’s one of the best Polish vegan foods. Nowadays they are often stuffed with rice and mushrooms. Breaded fish with mashed potatoes and some kind of salad is thus what Polish housewives are cooking at the end of the workweek. Pierogi is a dish you must try when traveling as a vegan in Poland! I’m not a professional chef, just a home cook influenced by years of listening, watching and tasting, who's constantly craving flavors and smells of home. Barszcz (borsch) is a clear, red soup based on fermented beetroot juice. To make things easier for you, how about this cool recipe card that you can download and save on your phone. Żurek (sour rye soup) is also called white borsch. The Traditional Christmas Eve dinner is the most celebrated meal in Polish culture. To ensure they are fully vegan, just make sure no honey or cream has been added. I can hear good sound thank you so much for sharing nice post. Classic Russian vinaigrette salad (Винегрет) with roasted beets, dressed in simple extra virgin olive oil. Any kind of pasta mixed with cottage cheese and sugar make makaron z serem. HELP KEEP THIS PAGE ALIVE DONATE VIA PAYPAL, Real Polish Braised Red Cabbage with Raspberries {Modra Kapusta z Malinami}, Recipe: Buckwheat, mushroom & smoked cheese tart {Tarta z kaszą gryczaną, grzybami i serem wędzonym}, Best Polish Buckwheat and Cheese Pierogi {Pierogi z Kaszą i Twarogiem}, New Recipe: Polish Pickled Beets {Buraczki w Occie}, Polish 2-day Dill Pickles {Ogórki Małosolne}, Christmas Poppy Seeds With Dumplings {Kutia}, Polish Potato Dumplings with Plums {Knedle ze Śliwkami}, Polish Macaroni and cheese with strawberries {Makaron z serem i z truskawkami}, Polish Red Cabbage Salad {Surówka z Czerwonej Kapusty}, Polish Cream of Celery Soup {Zupa-krem z Selera}, Polish Buckwheat and Mushroom Cabbage Rolls {Gołąbki z Kaszą Gryczaną i z Grzybami}, Weight Loss Cabbage Soup {Odchudzająca Zupa z Kapusty}, Polish Dried Fruit Juice {Kompot z Suszu}, Polish Cabbage with Yellow Peas {Kapusta z Grochem}, Polish Christmas Mushroom Soup {Zupa Grzybowa Wigilijna}, Mushroom-filled Dumplings {Uszka z Grzybami}, Polish Christmas Beetroot Broth with Mushroom-filled Dumplings {Barszcz Wigilijny z Uszkami}, How to Reheat Mashed Potatoes – Polish Style, Polish Farmer’s Cheese Breakfast {Twarożek Śniadaniowy}, Polish Cabbage with Mushrooms {Kapusta z Grzybami}, Pumpkin Potato Dumplings {Kopytka Dyniowe}, Polish Peas and Carrots {Marchewka z Groszkiem}, Polish Apple Pancakes {Racuchy z Jabłkami}, Polish Sauerkraut and Mushroom Hand Pies {Paszteciki z Kapustą i z Grzybami}, Polish Mushroom Cream Sauce {Sos Grzybowo-Śmietanowy}, Authentic Polish Potato Babka Video Recipe, 15 Polish Dishes That Will Complement Your Thanksgiving Dinner, Most delicious Polish bakery in Szczecin Poland, Video recipe: Polish Creamy Beet Soup {Barszcz}, Video Recipe: Potato Plum Dumplings {Knedle ze Śliwkami}. Traditional Polish cuisine is often adjusted to fit lacto-ovo-vegetarian demands. 1 green pepper, cut into rounds (the long ones, also known as banana peppers), 3 tbsp Sweet Paprika (preferably the Hungarian variety). (dumplings) are the most famous of Polish vegan dish and probably the best of them all. They are an absolute must-try when exploring Polish cuisine. Placki ziemniaczane (potato pancakes) is another Polish dish that is usually vegan. The most popular desserts in Polish cuisine are various types of cakes, but they usually contain dairy and eggs. This vibrant root-vegeatble salad is a healthy comfort food, perfect all year round! Here, I share memories of growing up in Poland in the 80s and 90s, and Polish food and customs patiently kept alive at my Polish-American home. My mom makes 2 versions, depending on the mood and what she currently has in the fridge. As for the seasoning of Polish food, fresh dill, chives, parsley, onion, garlic and horseradish are very characteristic. It’s really delicious and pretty healthy! Read more on my About page. If you prefer more salty taste, add the fried onion. Unlike in some other countries, in Poland these foods are fermented naturally in brine, with no vinegar added. It’s one of the few traditional Polish drinks. All of these Polish soups are delicious and can be easily veganized. Just see what is on the menu and check if it is vegan. They are served cooked with tomatoes sauce. Traditionally, kluski slaskie are served with meat, sauce, and a salad, however, you can eat them with carmelized onion as well. These dumplings are semicircular and come with a variety of savory or sweet fillings, including vegetables, beans, mushrooms or fruits, and can be served either boiled or fried. Zupa grzybowa is a wild mushroom soup. Łazanki is another traditionally vegan Polish one pot dish. https://www.food.com/recipe/vegetarian-polish-cabbage-rolls-294152 Let’s face it- Poles LOVE meat. If you’re travelling in Poland and you’re dining in a vegan establishment, I would encourage you to try as many of these Polish dishes as you can. Traditionally, krokiety are served with barszcz czerwony (red bortsch). You just need to make sure it is not served with cream. These Cabbage Rolls with Wild Rice Mushroom Stuffing are filled with an herbaceous mushroom and wild rice mixture and then smothered in a flavorful tomato sauce. A traditional Polish second course consists of either separate servings of carbs, protein and vegetables or a one-pot dish. Kluski śląskie is yet another kind of Polish traditional vegan noodle that’s originally from the Silesia region, but it’s popular all across the country. Why? I travel all over the world (117 countries and counting!) Vegan Polish gołąbki (cabbage rolls) are becoming more common. You may have tried them at Ikea, where they’re sold frozen and called “Rosti”. There is a version with meat, however, the most popular pierogi are vegetarian! Pierogi are sure to be a hit with anyone traveling as a vegan in Poland. Here’s the list of the best and the most popular ones: There is no better way of starting this rank than by talking about pierogi- one of the best Polish food (not only for vegetarians). The vegetarian version of this popular dish is quite common as well! The dish is super easy to made and it’s surprisingly delicious. All Rights Reserved. The vegetable component can be anything from a hot vegetable side dish to a raw salad.