In time their foot will slip, for their day of disaster is near, and their doom is coming quickly.”. But I am saving that punishment for when they slip and do bad things. New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © 1960, 1971, 1977, 1995, 2020 by The Lockman Foundation. New Revised Standard Version, Anglicised Catholic Edition, New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition, Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition. Vengeance is mine, and recompense, At the time when their foot shall slide: For the day of their calamity is at hand, And the things that are to come upon them shall make haste. Find out more here. In due time their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon them.”, It is mine to avenge; I will repay. (Verses like Hebrews 10:30) Vengeance is Mine, and payback, for the time when their foot staggers. Deuteronomy 32:35 ESV / 22 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful. It will come at the time when their foot slips. Their time of trouble is near. The day of their trouble is near. I will repay them. 32 For their vine is of the vine of Sodom, and of the fields of Gomorrah: their grapes are grapes of gall, their clusters are bitter: 33 Their wine is the poison of dragons, and the cruel venom of asps. Mine are vengeance and recompense, At the due time -- doth their foot slide; For near is a day of their calamity, And haste do things prepared for them. $3.99 a month for 40+ study tools. Vengeance is Mine, and recompense, in the time when their foot shall slide; for the day of their disaster is at hand and their doom comes speedily. Sometime their foot will slip. Deuteronomy 32:35. Very soon they will be destroyed.”, It is mine to avenge; I will repay. To me belongeth vengeance and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste. Vengeance is mine, and recompense, for the time when their foot shall slip; for the day of their calamity is at hand, and their doom comes swiftly.’ To me belong vengeance and recompense. Vengeance is mine, and I shall yield (it) to them in time, (so) that the foot of them slide; the day of perdition is nigh, and the times hasten to be present. Revenge is my domain, so is punishment-in-kind, at the exact moment their step slips up, because the day of their destruction is just around the corner; their final destiny is speeding on its way! (H)Let them rise up and help you,Let them be your protection!39 (I)See now that I, I am He,(J)And there is no god besides Me;(K)It is I who put to death and give life. Vengeance is mine, and recompense, at the time when their foot slides; for the day of their calamity is at hand. Their doom is coming quickly. Vengeance is mine and recompense, for the time they lose their footing; Because the day of their disaster is at hand and their doom is rushing upon them! New International Version (NIV), To Me belongeth vengeance and recompense; their foot shall slide in due time; for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.’. All rights reserved. 33 Their wine is the poison of dragons, and the cruell venime of Aspes. Vengeance is Mine, and recompense; their foot will slip in due time; for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things to come hasten upon them. their foot shall slide in due time; there is a time fixed for the reign of antichrist, when it will end, forty two months, or 1260 days; that is, so many years; see Revelation 11:2; and a little before the expiration of them, his foot will begin to slide, as the slipping of the foot is just before a fall; and then will the foot of antichrist slip and slide, when the witnesses slain by him shall revive and stand upon their feet, and cause fear to fall on them that are on the earth; and when they shall ascend up into heaven, or rise to superior power and authority, greatness and splendour, than they formerly had, and this in the sight of their enemies; and when there will be earthquakes and revolutions in the several antichristian states; and the tenth part of the great city shall fall, and many persons of renown be slain, and others frightened, and will give glory to the God of heaven; when an angel, or a set of Gospel ministers, shall fly in the midst of heaven, with the everlasting Gospel, to preach to all nations; which will be immediately followed by another, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; when the kings of the earth will dislike and resent various things done by the pope of Rome, and shall hate him, and meditate his ruin, and then may his foot be said to slide; see. Their doom rushes at them.”. AMP ‘Vengeance is Mine, and retribution, In due time their foot will slip; For the day of their … It is a promise Moses claims for himself and his people. In due time their feet will slip. Vengeance is mine, and recompense, For the time when their foot shall slip. ... Deuteronomy 32:35. ‘Vengeance is Mine, and retribution, In due time their foot will slip; For the day of their calamity is near, And the impending things are hastening upon them.’, I will punish those who do wrong; I will repay them. In due time their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon them.’, Vengeance is Mine, and recompense; Their foot shall slip in, It is Mine to punish when their foot makes a false step. 34 Is not this laide vp in store with me, and sealed vp among my treasures? Vengeance and recompense are mine: their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their destruction is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them, make haste. Vengeance is mine, and recompense, for the time when their foot shall slip; because the day of their calamity is at hand, their doom comes swiftly. 35 (A)Vengeance is Mine, and retribution;(B)In due time their foot will slip. I will punish them for the bad things they did. Read verse in English Standard Version I will pay them back. Deuteronomy 32:41 HEB: יָדִ֑י אָשִׁ֤יב נָקָם֙ לְצָרָ֔י וְלִמְשַׂנְאַ֖י NAS: I will render vengeance on My adversaries, KJV: I will render vengeance to mine enemies, Surely their day of disaster is near— what is prepared rushes on them. Revelation 11:11. for the day of their calamity is at hand; a cloudy day, as the word signifies, when the kingdom of the beast will be full of darkness and confusion, Revelation 16:10; and when all those calamities shall come upon Babylon, expressed in Revelation 14:8. and the things that shall come upon them make haste; even all those evil things God has determined in his counsels and purposes, and which are foretold in prophecy, these shall come upon antichrist in haste; for, though his judgment and damnation may seem to linger and slumber, it shall not; God will hasten it in his due time, and all his judgments will come on Babylon in one day, Revelation 18:8. $3.99 a month puts a library of commentaries, study notes, and Greek & Hebrew language tools right in your pocket. Soon our enemies will get what they deserve— suddenly they will slip, and total disaster will quickly follow. Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers, Keil and Delitzsch Biblical Commentary on the Old Testament. Deuteronomy 32:35, KJV: "To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste." And again, The Lord shall judge his people. for the time when their foot shall slide. In time their foot will slip, for their day of disaster is near, and their doom is coming quickly.”, I will punish those who do wrong. NASB, Journal the Word Reference Bible, Red Letter Edition, 1995 Text, Comfort Print: Let Scripture Explain Scripture. Reflect on What You Learn. Their day of trouble is near. Their foot shall slide in due time.—Rather, for the time when their foot shall slide. (Verses like Romans 12:19) Hebrews 10:30 - For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. In Deuteronomy 32, referred to as ‘The Song of Moses,’ Moses sings to God and the phrase “vengeance is mine” is first recorded here in Deuteronomy 32:35. Their feet shall slide — Though they think themselves immoveably fixed in their power and prosperity, they shall certainly be visited with national judgments, and overthrown. I will settle all scores! Vengeance is mine, And I decree the punishment of all her enemies: Their doom is sealed. New American Standard Bible (NASB), And the impending things are hurrying to them.’. – Deuteronomy 31:27. Deuteronomy 32:35 Context. Vengeance is Mine, and recompense, against the time when their foot shall slip; for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that are to come upon them shall make haste. Deuteronomy 32:35 Vengeance is mine, and recompense, for the time when their foot shall slip; for the day of their calamity is at hand, and their doom comes swiftly.' Their day of disaster will arrive, and their destiny will overtake them.’. For the day of their calamity is at hand, And the things that shall come upon them make haste.