Ha rubato due mele da una bancarella della frutta. Can we count on you to read this article? He’ll be standing as the candidate for Falkirk West. Inflections of 'stand' (v): (⇒ conjugate) stands v 3rd person singular standing v pres p verb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing." Simple past stood. stand with your back to someone/something, stand motionless/transfixed/open-mouthed etc, leave/allow something to stand for something, General words meaning to put something somewhere, To remain the same, or to keep something the same, To be a candidate or winner in an election. Betty non è la mia ragazza: abbiamo avuto solo un rapporto occasionale. Il gruppo dovette mettersi in fila per farsi servire. Third person singular stands. So long as we all stand together, we’ll win. I knocked the vase over and had to stand it up again. Change your default dictionary to American English. Irregular verb definition for 'to Stand', including the base form, past simple, past participle, 3rd person singular, present participle / gerund Vorrei annunciare che lascio l'incarico di direttore dell'azienda. Delivered to your inbox! “Stand.” Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/stand. Accessed 12 Nov. 2020. "She laughed." Manca qualcosa di importante? Betty's not my girlfriend; we had a one-night stand, that's all. Once I make my mind up, I always stand fast in my decision. Learn a new word every day. I hope that noise stops soon - I don't think I can stand it much longer! refused to tolerate such treatment stand emphasizes even more strongly the ability to bear without discomposure or flinching. I was told to stand aside to let the ambulance pass. Leave the mixture to stand for 20 minutes. L'investitore rimase fermo nella sua posizione per fare una fortuna dall'accordo. Vedi la traduzione automatica di Google Translate di 'stand'. Il giudice ha deciso che la legge rimane in vigore. There were no seats on the bus, so it looked like she was in for a long stand. I will stand aside if anyone else wants the job. Quando prendo una decisione sono irremovibile. The ancient family home is still standing. In this lesson we look at the forms of main verbs and helping verbs followed by a quiz to check your understanding. I won't stand for any more of Richard's racist comments. Il paese deve restare unito se vogliamo superare questi tempi difficili. rimanere in piedi, stare in piedi, restare in piedi, restare in vigore, restare valido, rimanere in vigore, rimanere valido, per come stanno le cose, per come si sono messe le cose, essere anni luce avanti a, essere anni luce migliore di, essere anni luce rispetto a, sferrare un ultimo attacco, fare un ultimo attacco, (try to get elected to a public position), avere la possibilità di, avere una possibilità di, avere la speranza di, avere una speranza di, rimanere a testa alta, stare a testa alta, spettacolo comico, spettacolo cabarettistico. L'aula di tribunale dove avrebbe testimoniato sembrava a Gavin un luogo cupo e sinistro. Quelli che ebbero il coraggio di far sentire la propria voce sono stati arrestati. If you want to learn irregular verbs, you need to practice, practice, practice. 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? She’s not intending to stand at the next election. Segnala un errore o suggerisci miglioramenti. Aiuta WordReference: Poni tu stesso una domanda. Johnston was a hero who stood up for his fellow captors without regard for his own safety. Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). Stiamo al fianco l'uno dell'altro e finiamo questo lavoro! also, this Carlo will not stand for freebie eating. Per favore, alzatevi in piedi per l'inno nazionale. Veronica ha sopportato coraggiosamente la tortura. Spero che questo rumore finisca presto, non lo sopporto più! Synonym Discussion of stand. Mio zio intende candidarsi per la carica. He could not leave the country unless the Embassy stood surety for him. Concrete construction is used in the tropics because it will stand up against hurricanes and insects. Verb . The house stood neglected for nearly 100 years. Molti negozi hanno un portaombrelli per quando piove. cannot abide their rudeness tolerate suggests overcoming or successfully controlling an impulse to resist, avoid, or resent something injurious or distasteful. 'stand' is an alternate term for 'kickstand'. Singular Nonbinary ‘They’: Is it ‘they are’ or ‘they is’? L'intera compagnia si mise sull'attenti all'unisono. The hotel workers' union stood shoulder to shoulder with the restaurant workers' union in the strike. Non sopporto il mio capo esigente e arrogante. Where does the Prime Minister stand on this issue? Steve Martin was known for his stand-up before he started appearing in movies. Ellen adjusted the height of her music stand so she could read the music while sitting down. Gli spettatori rimasero affascinati dalle abilità del ballerino. Rifiutandoti di vendere questa terra stai impedendo il progresso. Steve Martin era noto per i suoi spettacoli comici prima di iniziare a lavorare nel cinema.