11. (The other being "Macy's Day Parade"). Kerplunk (stylized as Kerplunk!) A new version appeared on the album Dookie in 1994. my subreddits. Awe, I wonder why they didn't include it in Shenanigans. Please answer on a comment! [1] The song never had an official music video; however, a certain live performance of the song is often associated as a music video. Cookies help us deliver our Services. The fucking roar of the guitar on the Dookie version man. it sounds like it was recorded with a higher level of care and equipment. It's the reason I enjoy Kerplunk's version more. I've been listening to the damn thing since '94 and still can't tell any difference. Can anybody verify this? Billie's voice on Kerplunk gets my vote. Green Day fan community for discussing the latest band news, sharing audio, video, pictures and more. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Other bands and artists do this as well sometimes, the first recording they're not completely happy with so they re-record a better version for next time around. Close. The video is located on Green Day's official website.[8]. The song fits only on Kerplunk, that being said the Dookie version is better. save hide report. Green Day - Welcome To Paradise グリーン・デイ - ウェルカム・トゥー・パラダイス アメリカの3人組パンクロックバンド グリーン・デイのメジャーデビューアルバム「Dookie」(ドゥーキー) に収録されている曲です。 大ヒットした同アルバムからの2枚目のシングルとして、1994年10月にリリースされました。 Song meaning The song is about young people moving out . Green Day fan community for discussing the latest band news, sharing audio, video, pictures and more. The drumming in Dookie's version was much better IMO. I completely agree with you. Archived. I'm going to pick the Dookie version, if not only because it was the song that got me into Green Day. I like the breakdown part better than the one in dookie. Press J to jump to the feed. edit subscriptions. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I just love the raw intensity of Kerplunk's. Billie's voice on Kerplunk's version sounds very relaxed and on Dookie it sounds snotty and more aggressive. Listen to both of the choruses back to back, especially the “some call it nice” and “welcome to paradise” lines. 2 years ago Overall, Dookie's version is better, but I sometimes listen to the Kerplunk … It sounds like it was recorded with a higher level of care and equipment. I'm gonna have to look for it :), I think I found the B-Side you were talking about. The Dookie version was later included on the band's 2001 compilation album International Superhits!. Press J to jump to the feed. It is the fifth track from their third studio album, Dookie, and was released as the third single from the album on October 4, 1994. Overall, Dookie's version is better, but I sometimes listen to the Kerplunk one aswell, mainly to some tonal/pronunciations, such as the "PΆY Άttention to the..." as opposed to the "Paaaaaay attention to the...", New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I prefer Kerplunk's version because the bass is a lot better. This thread is archived . The video is located on Green Day's official website. I prefer Kerplunk's version because the bass is a lot better. I'd agree that the quality is better - as they got a major record label at that point. It is the fifth track from their third studio album, Dookie, and was released as the third single from the album on October 4, 1994. Kerplunk. My favorite too. Which one do you think is the best? I've always felt that, if Kerplunk had Dookie's budget and production value, it would easily be the superior record. I like the guitar and vocals more on Dookie but I agree that the bass line in Kerplunk is better. I like how BJ changed the note on "some call it slum, some call it nice", It sounds better on Dookie. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. There's a hardcore band i like called "On Broken Wings" and they have a song called "I Do My Crosswords in Pen" that they redo for every album.