Please. Blueberry-Apple Cobbler with Almond Topping, Tempting Caramel Apple Pudding with Gingersnap Crust, Contest-Winning Gingerbread with Lemon Sauce, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Mix water, 1 teaspoon of sugar and any leftover sugar-cinnamon mixture. Place dumplings 1 inch apart in a lightly greased baking dish. Ate them every nite as a kid when I worked there. They were fabulous! Bring back, pleaseeeee. I'd choose apple desserts over chocolate anytime! The entire salad is 570 calories, 7 grams of fiber, and 38 grams of protein. Moisten edges with water; bring corners to center and pinch edges to seal. Took a day trip to Apple Hill near Placerville thinking for sure I'd find an apple dumpling that could fill my … These are no longer on their menu - were removed in the 80's - but you can still enjoy their goodness. i never had them in the 80s, but i work at wendys and i think you all may enjoy these. 26 likes. 2-2 1/2 cup flour 2 teaspoons baking powder At least for a short while and see what response it would have on the buisiness. Please bring them back. What a delightful surprise! No lie! I did use Gala apples as that was what I had on hand. Best apple anything period. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright 2014 | By accessing this site, you agree to our Terms and conditions. Roll dough into a ⅛” thick rectangles then cut into 5-inch squares. Place dumplings 1 inch apart in a … Lol They are now an internet sensation!! This is the very best Apple Crisp Recipe. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown. I also had to add a little more water to the dough, and I used Fuji apples, family loved them, thank you. It is also used for analytics and metrics about our visitors on this website in a way that does not directly identify individuals. Yes, the first time I taste this wonderful dessert I was in S.C 1984 or later? Place 3 or 4 pieces of apple on each square. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar. Wendy’s Inspirational Baking - Independent consultant for pampered chef. Also check out the other =Food of the 80s?> pages. Top with a teaspoon sized pat of butter. Try this Apple Dumplings recipe for a side dish. Roll dough into a 1/8″ thick rectangle on a lightly floured surface; cut into 5-inch squares. Place into baking dish. Best dessert from a fast food chain, along with a frosty. . I would make this recipe again. Pour over apples. Sooooooooooooooooooo good! Took a day trip to Apple Hill near Placerville thinking for sure I'd find an apple dumpling that could fill my 30 year craving. Remove one sheet of pastry dough from the freezer, let thaw until it's easy to work with. Makes 8 Servings (1 Apple Dumpling Per Serving) Your email address will not be published. Serve hot with ice cream. Explore Wendy Copley's photos on Flickr. I remember stuffing my self behind the wheel to go get an apple dumpling from Wendy's and a Frosty it was the BEST! No one makes them as good as Wendy's did ;). These where the best. Moisten edges of each dumpling with water; bring corners to center, pinching edges to seal. Daten über Ihr Gerät und Ihre Internetverbindung, darunter Ihre IP-Adresse, Such- und Browsingaktivität bei Ihrer Nutzung der Websites und Apps von Verizon Media. If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. Place dumplings 1 inch apart in a lightly greased baking dish. I even posted a pic on Facebook! If you will please bring them back if only for a season. Place 1 teaspoon butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar in the center of each apple. Bring just to a boil, stirring until blended. This warm and comforting recipe for apple dumplings is incredible by itself or served with ice cream. To make the dumplings: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, and spray a shallow baking dish with non-stick baking spray. I add maple extract to the syrup because that's what my mom always did. Fold dough over the apples and pinch to close openings. Please refer to the section on Cookies within our Privacy Policy for more information. I used to get these every Sunday morning after breakfast at Wendy's. I agree, PLEASE PLEASE bring them back !! Log in, get our latest recipes right in your inbox, If you make this recipe, I’d love to know! There’s nothing better than one of these fresh out of the oven, served with a scoop of ice cream. Sprinkle with butter flavoring. I chose lasagna, green salad, garlic bread and "anything appley"for dessert. Sprinkle each with 2 teaspoons sugar and cinnamon, then place a cube of butter. I loved the Apple Dumpling from Wendy's. Pour syrup over dumplings. Wendy Copley has uploaded 6972 photos to Flickr. Keyingredient.com is a free cooking website. Mix water, 1 teaspoon of sugar and any leftover sugar-cinnamon mixture. It’s such a comforting food and the flavor is amazing! Gradually add milk, stirring to make a soft dough. I was a Asst. Do you have a website or cooking blog? LOVE THESE! :-). OMG. Pour over dumplings. I was a teenager when these came out and also worked at Wendy's when I was 17. Roll each portion of dough between 2 lightly floured sheets of waxed paper into a 7-in. I would love it if wendys would bring back there apple dumplings they were really good i always made sure i had enough money everyday to stop and get one before i went home from school and of work. Please, Please bring back the Apple Dumplings!!!!! It's a creamy warm bean dip pac... We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This information is collected to remember your preferences so as to personalize your browsing experience. Sprinkle with butter flavoring. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and flaky. Salted Caramel Mocha Smoothie - "Dessert" for Breakfast! It was gr8. Posted by wendy in Movies No comments A comical nurse practitioner who treats his patients in an unconventional way, is challenged by a tough and stubborn patient, but is determined to show him the bright side, even when the end is so close. Serve hot with ice cream. Here's Wendy's recipe and a few photos to go along with. This is a keeper. Submit a link to more information about Wendy's Apple Dumpling. Separate crescent rolls into 8 pieces. Place 3 or 4 apple slices on each square. I would have this for my wedding reception. The yummiest thing ever to come from Wendy's!!! Bake for 30 minutes. Does anyone have the copycat recipe for Wendy's Apple Dumplings or where I can find it? 2 (good sized) Granny Smith apples, cut in half, cored and peeled, 2 Tablespoons Spiced Rum (I used Captain Morgan), Ice cream and walnuts for serving - optional. I wish they would get it again. I wish they still sold them.And I miss the salad and pototo bar. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. I worked at Wendy's back in the 80's and the apple dumpling was the best I ever had. WENDY'S you need to bring back that apple dumpling it was so look delicious!!!!!! I really love anything apple. My mom would get them for us all the time. Roll apple slices in this mixture; divide evenly among the rolls. Hi my name is Wendy and I love to bake. Roll apple slices in this mixture; divide evenly among the rolls. Off the chain GREAT!!!! This Apple Dumpling Recipe is the BEST autumn dessert. Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.