Make a center, don't upgrade the stat. Let's say I want rebounds. This thread is archived. Press J to jump to the feed. On all of my players the vertical stat is the last thing I touch because I have no idea what the purpose of it is. However, what’s interesting is that your character’s height, weight, and wingspan can actually change certain attributes, more accurately, they can increase or decrease the cap for your player’s attributes. Now that you’ve picked a position for your player, you’ll be presented with 4 skills: Finishing, Shooting, Playmaking, and Defense/Rebounding. Here are some tips. or is a mix of both better? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. (I won't pay a dime btw. You can alter your character’s body shape and have it be whatever tickles your fancy. Anyone know ? 2klabs did test vertical last year. NBA 2K20 introduced a new use of the Gatorade Practice Facility; instead of providing a place for refueling stamina, this year the gym serves as a place to boost several of your physical attributes. NBA 2K20 MyPlayer Builder provides you with everything you’ll need in creating the most perfect and elite player that suits all of your preferences and strengths. The 4 Takeover options available to you are: Perhaps you feel that your Shooting Skill is good enough and you feel you need to focus on other areas as you’re not as proficient, then do it. 78% Upvoted. The only thing I’ve seen it do is give people rebound animations where they jump super high and snag it over everyone. You have to keep in mind the caps of your skills. Post not showing up? Much of the buzz is about the MyPlayer builder. Contact Dunk Requirements. However, people unfamiliar with this system (arguably even people who are familiar with the earlier installments’ system) may find the plethora of choices a bit much to take in. But if you’re clear on what you want, how you play, and are knowledgeable of your own potential, then it’s time for you to mosey on over to the next stage. If you were to increase your character’s height, it’s set to lower the cap for driving layup, reduce your mid-range capabilities and ability to score 3 Pointers, lowers pass accuracy and ball handling skills; but significantly increases interior defense. hide. It doesn’t increase dunk range just decreases block attempts. If you’re shorter than that then it’ll help with boards and probably blocking shots too. The release of NBA 2K20 across PS4, XB1, PC and Nintendo Switch communities has fans buzzing. We are the biggest community for anything and everything related to the NBA 2K series. Higher Vert translates to getting at the apex of your jump faster. I’ve repeated this ad nauseam but it really must be said so as to not understate its value. I am wondering before I put 100$ of VC in this stat. Maki. If you’re shorter than that then it’ll help with boards and probably blocking shots too has assigned each position a set of pre-defined builds, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Review – Odin Favors Bravery, Not Stealth, Watch Dogs: Legion Review – Taking DedSec in The Right Direction Innit, The Invincible Targets 4K With “Smooth” Frame Rates, Uses DualSense Tech For “Complex Interactions”, Haven Dev Discusses Combat, Enemies, & Dragon Ball Z Inspirations, Dirt 5 Designer Talks “Exciting” Post-Launch Plans; New Playgrounds Items In The Works, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Treasure Hoard Map Locations Guide, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Deserted Chalet Key Location, Spider-Man: Miles Morales Sound Sample Locations Guide, “Known Issue” Has Apparently Killed An Xbox Series X Console. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Or perhaps, if you’ve chosen a Shooting Guard, maybe you’ll want to focus on increasing your Shooting skills. On the other hand, if you’re a Shooting Guard with a leaning towards Playmaking, then you want to have greater Speed and Agility. See our 2K21 Wiki for FAQs, Locker Codes & more. See how he is fucking unable to jump for any rebound xD. Knowing what kind of player you are, how you can grow, what you want out of your experience playing this game, all of this needs to be accounted for even before you get into creating your player. Don’t just spontaneously decide to focus on one attribute for no discernable reason; really think about it! Again, it really depends on every choice you’ve made thus far. report. Be warned: your choice will determine the cap (maximum and minimum stats for your player) for your various attributes. Once done, you’ll have created your character, one you can develop over at My Career. Suggestions? We are the biggest community for anything and everything related to the NBA 2K series. You can safely not give a shit about it on the character creation menu.