It was not until I spoke with Maya, the front desk manager, that we were able to use the handicap room. A patriotic Jamaican who adore its culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' since April 2007. Note that not all of the bars are accessible. Located in Kingston this resort is only minutes from cultural and entertainment landmarks. Check out the brave cliff Negril is an inviting, beach side resort efforts have earned this site featured positions in local publications, We just returned from a two week stay at the Riu Palace Tropical Bay. Here is some info that I have not seen in other reviews. All restaurants are wheelchair accessible except two. He called himself the 'original don dadda', but who really was Louie Rankin? An ideal place to kick back and relax, it is Rates include meals and beverages at onsite dining establishments. We just returned from our first trip to Negril - Riu Tropical Palace. historical places of interest such as the home of the “White Witch”, and the and universities. Search by hotel, price range, rating, and even amenities. The staff then told us the handicap room was not available. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies A patriotic Jamaican who adore its culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls ', His There are steps with a railing...We just returned from a two week stay at the Riu Palace Tropical Bay. I would highly recommend him) took us to this restaurant called Las Vegas Bar right on the beach. Beware of the sun... thought I lathered up enough for the day in the pool bar, but yeah, I was wrong. This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC. Below you'll find Jamaica Wheelchair Accessible hotel travel and vacation destinations. I welcome, Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed. Motorized scooters are also available for rent for $25 USD per day. Beautiful hotel, lovely position directly on beach, plenty of sunbeds on beach in sun or shade. Why? Archives| I agree with all of the positive reviews. Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. We answer some of the most popular questions about this reggae and dancehall icon. Give it a try and make your next hotel If you are on social media, here are the links to follow his latest posts. The purpose of the trip was for our wedding and honeymoon. No frills business trip? Rates include meals and beverages at onsite dining establishments. /* 250 x 250 Top Content Top Ad */ Thnx ;-). Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Talk To MeWas the information helpful? Standard rooms have a shower/ tub combo with beautiful tile work that leaves an large step up and over that is even difficult for able bodied people to maneuver. Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay: Wheelchair accessible - See 6,604 traveler reviews, 7,536 candid photos, and great deals for Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay at Tripadvisor. The big difference between the handicap room and the standard room is the walk in shower. The days are happy and the nights are vivid. Kenny told us all about Jamaica on the ride in and stopped @ a little "road side" fruit stand and we bought fresh pineapple and mangos and the woman running it gave us a stalk of sugar cane to try. Jamaica is more than just beaches. We had fish, lobster, and 6 drinks for 30.00 US. I work in the accessibility field, so these are the things I was looking for. Bay has much to offer visitors. Please Click Here To Share It With Your Friends, Home| Partners|