Laniak brings years of ministry in three continents together with his Harvard doctorate to bring the cultural background of the Bible to life in several books. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. An authentic classic endorsed by Billy Graham and a host of church and ministry leaders from across the globe. Reviewed in the United States on January 27, 2016. His writing and speaking ministry promotes biblical thinking about leadership. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, + No Import Fees Deposit & $7.98 Shipping to Italy. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Laniak's cultural, theological, and practical insights are superb, and the accompanying pictures complement the text well. Pastor David Swanson proposes that churches rethink liturgies and communal discipleship practices in a move to true solidarity. It give a wonderful look that the world of the shepherd and brings that to bear on the biblical image of the shepherd as the leader of God’s flock. Tim Laniak serves as Dean, Professor of Old Testament and Mentor for the Christian Leadership Doctoral program at Gordon-Conwell Seminary in Charlotte. While Shepherds Watch The... Unable to add item to List. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free. New from. I ordered a copy for my missionary friend. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. They give you the quick Jesus punch and then send you on your way to be the best you, you can possibly be. My grandkids love to read and this will be a favorite book, Reviewed in the United States on May 19, 2013. "glad tidings of great joy I bring. has been added to your Cart. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of, Published He combines history, archeology, anthropology, and religion that is easy to read and life changing! Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Well done! Please try your request again later. Person in my Sunday School Class used this book while teaching a lesson. While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks by Dr. Timothy Laniak is a fascinating 40 day devotional style books that outlines a year that Laniak spend in the Middle East with traditional shepherds.