Add Maltesers / M&M’s, marshmallows and raspberries to the melted chocolate and mix well. Filled with all sorts of gorgeous ingredients…..turkish delight, pistachio, macadamia, soft marshmallows, ruby red raspberry jellies, coconut and cranberries. Heat in microwave for 1 minute, then stir. To turn this into a Christmas treat for giving, I placed the rocky road into cellophane bags and added strips of our wrapping paper to the top. What’s not to like? I bought two rolls knowing that they would have pride of place on another rocky road. Because this rocky road recipe uses white chocolate, you’ll need to use a Turkish Delight that’s covered with icing sugar (not the bars that are covered in milk chocolate). I had originally planned to do shortbread for my Christmas cooking this year. ★☆ Your email address will not be published. Buyer's tip: you can also use heart shaped foil wrapped chocolates on top or those small heart candy decorations if you can't find these hearts. And what do you think of Valentine's Day? Cut it into chunks and enjoy yourself or wrap as a gift for friends. lollies. She wasn’t quite sure what Rocky Road was, but she very quickly decided it was going to be pretty good by the bags of lollies I was getting down from the top shelf of the pantry. Line a metal tray with folded aluminium foil. Working quickly spread into a silicone tray (I use a tupperware slice tray) or a lined lamington tin. Repeat this step, with 15 - 30 seconds bursts in the microwave until the chocolate is melted. I didn't understand why anyone would want to go through that every time that they ate chocolate (I didn't understand that my reaction to chocolate was not normal and thought that Our Flavours . My White Chocolate Rocky Road designed especially for the holidays. A friend of mine hated it because she thought that it was silly to celebrate on just the one day when you should celebrate it every day. In a bowl combine coconut, nuts, lollies and marshmallows. 20 minutes, plus setting time in the refrigerator. For the first 17 years of my life I hated the stuff and every time I was given some chocolate I would pass it onto my sister. Most major supermarkets have … Pour in melted chocolate and stir well. An Original Recipe by Not Quite Nigella. I found these adorable heart shaped lollies while shopping in a country town in one of those old fashioned sweet shops that country towns do so well. Sign up to receive delicious recipes right in your inbox! It was then that our love blossomed and I came to love and appreciate chocolate-in moderation of course. Pour the melted chocolate over the lolly mixture and combine well. Christmas white chocolate rocky road is perfect for Christmas indulging. GF, rocky road keeps for ages in an airtight container in the refrigerator. when you make this fantastic Christmas white chocolate rocky road. Log in, You will always make friends with a batch of rocky road, http://goodfoodweek.blogspot.com.au/2010/12/merry-christmas-say-it-with-chocolate.html, 2 bags of white chocolate melts (375g bags), 1 bag of raspberry lollies (or 100g turkish delight for a fancier version), OR 1 bag regular marshmallows for the chunky rocky road, ½ cup desiccated coconut and extra to sprinkle. It may not look like white chocolate rocky road, but it still tastes like it and it is sooooooo delicious. To which I answered "But this It’s filled to the brim with all the good things, including marshmallows, pistachios, coconut and cranberries. Adding chocolate covered malt balls into warm melted white chocolate = melting chocolate on malt balls and no longer “white” white chocolate! Not everyone loves Valentine's Day. Try to use a good quality white chocolate brand to get the most flavour and mouth feel. Using a silicon spatula, stir in the peanuts, raspberry & cream lollies and marshmallows. Get our Latest Recipes & Travel Deals Delivered FREE to Your Inbox. Aug 27, 2017 - The most deliciously simple White Chocolate Rocky Road you'll ever make - PLUS it's packed with marshmallows, raspberry lollies, coconut & biscuits! In a large bowl, melt the chocolate either over a saucepan of simmering water until smooth and melted, making sure that the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water. This post is part of my Christmas Preparation plan. So tell me Dear Reader, do you think that banning or regulating sugar is a good idea? square of nubbly rocky road with smooth chocolate, crunchy toffeed nuts, soft pillowy marshmallows and gummy raspberry & cream lollies. ★☆. But time is not on my side this year, so I went for a super easy and quick option. 24/06/2020 . “Little A” thought all her dreams had come true when I told her we would be making a White Chocolate Rocky Road. is a day to eat more chocolate! After struggling for months to get some grass growing in a shady area, Cooper has taken to digging and this is the result! We love to make rocky road logs wrapped in cellophane and tied with a pretty ribbon for host gifts over the holiday period. In a bowl combine coconut, nuts, lollies and marshmallows. ★☆ ★☆ And if the sugar police are around, just tell them you're just having one piece ok? Refrigerate at least 30 minutes until set. Sure you pay a little more for the quality, but this is one time you don’t want to stint on quality. Just the thing to make for the holidays, and to wrap into a pretty package as a host gift. Every morning I send my friends the latest, Valentine's Chocolate & Raspberry Truffle Cake with Truffles, Salted Pretzel Toffees - Domestic Goddess Fakery for Christmas, Strawberry & Pink Peppercorn Heart Macarons for Valentines Day, 450grams/16 ozs white chocolate (you can also use dark or milk chocolate), 300g/10.6 ozs red peanuts or Vienna almonds, 175g/6 ozs berry marshmallows (or regular marshmallows will do). Cut raspberries and marshmallows in half. ;). The reason why I thought to use these lollies was because they were sherbetty and gave the white chocolate a tang to counter its innate sweetness. I do 3 -4 minutes on medium and stir a couple of times for a double batch of chocolate like this recipe. What’s your favourite rocky road combinations? 24 x 30 cm (9 1/2 inch x 12 inch) baking tin lined with plastic wrap, Keywords: christmas white chocolate rocky road. Children love rocky road and it’s the perfect time for them to get into the kitchen to help prepare. I made a twist on the kid friendly rocky road that I have made previously. Or do this in a microwave in a couple of 60 second bursts on 50% power stirring in between bursts. 2 bags of white chocolate melts (375g bags) 1 bag of raspberry lollies (or 100g turkish delight for a fancier version) 2 bags of mini marshmallows; OR 1 bag regular marshmallows for the chunky rocky road; ½ cup desiccated coconut and extra to sprinkle I love shortbread and it is one of the foods that reminds me of Christmas. Also I am one of those difficult people that if you banned me from doing something, I will only want it that much more ;). Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe Turn the chocolate out of the mould and fill with the rocky road. Cut into logs or squares and wrap in cellophane bags or box it up. I like making it because it is just so easy to make and to me, nothing beats a As it is easier to cut once it has softened a little, take the dish out of the fridge 5 minutes or so before you want to cut it. I know that there are people that have been saying lately that sugar is the cause of obesity and should be regulated or banned for minors but I still believe that everything should be eaten in moderation. Read More…, Copyright Nicole Avery 2018 • Website by Swish Design • Privacy Policy. Not sure exactly why I didn’t think this through. White Chocolate Rocky Road Ingredients: 440gm white chocolate* 1/3 cup desiccated or shredded coconut; 85gm natural pistachio nuts, shelled; 200gm raspberry lollies; 250gm marshmallows, cut in half; 150gm milk chocolate; Method: Line a metal tray with folded aluminium foil. White chocolate raspberry honeycomb . 30/07/2020 . A couple of times I got curious about what it tasted like and ate it only to and how do I put this delicately...I would throw it up afterwards. Nic is slightly addicted to spreadsheets, tea and running. It was so much fun to make this treat with her because she didn’t need a lot of help to get results that she was thrilled with. In a bowl combine coconut, nuts, lollies and marshmallows. I did have a slight hiccup though. White Chocolate Rocky Road Ingredients: 440gm white chocolate* 1/3 cup desiccated or shredded coconut; 85gm natural pistachio nuts, shelled; 200gm raspberry lollies; 250gm marshmallows, cut in half; 150gm milk chocolate; Method: Line a metal tray with folded aluminium foil. Rocky Road Chocolates T/A Grandma Jeans Lollies & Chocolates, Airport West. The Rocky Road To Love! Our Flavours . Manufacturers of Rocky Road , Easter Eggs & other chocolate seasonal products and retail confectionery direct to the public (18) Operating as usual. We would love to hear from you in the comments below. And the top shelf of the pantry always hold the “most wanted” treats. 23/06/2020 . Her goal for 2020 is to simplify daily life to spend more time with family and friends. 30/07/2020 Rocky Road bars . everyone did this)  and I left it alone until I was at uni. In a large bowl combine the raspberry lollies (or turkish delight), marshmallows (little or big ones) and desiccated coconut. I know some don't consider white chocolate to be true chocolate and whilst it is technically true, I think it is wonderful when paired with a tart fruit like raspberry or passion fruit. Have some chocolate!" I made the cups from some melted milk chocolate as a finishing touch. Melt and mix recipes are some of the easiest to make with kids in the kitchen. 100gms Maltesers - I recommend using M&Ms instead. Allow to set (place in the fridge if the weather is very hot). Repeat this step, with 15 – 30 seconds bursts in the microwave until the chocolate is melted. Thinking about introducing your little ones into the kitchen? This week’s task was cooking Christmas treats. Slice and serve or wrap up or eat. Follow Not Quite Nigella on Email, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and Facebook. 1.4K likes. Home > Food > Recipes > White Chocolate Rocky Road. depends on how big you cut your squares, but a lot! Next time I make this (and there will be a next time soon), I will stick with the M&Ms. Place in fridge for a couple of hours to set. Step 2 - Spoon into the prepared tin and top with lolly hearts-two together looks quite cute. Heat in microwave for 1 minute, then stir.