This, as with most religious concepts, must be accepted by a leap of faith. Please try again. ), b. C. The similarity of Job with the Mesopotamian pieces with the use of dialogue (Job 4--27), soliloquy (Job 3), discourse (Job 29--41), narrative (Job 1--2), and poetic skill may argue against Job being a stage play even though it may have been used in this way later on in history, A. The process of "sanctifying" Job began with the Greek Septuagint translation (c. 200 BCE) and was furthered in the Testament of Job(1st century BCE – 1st century CE), which makes him the hero of patience. that describes Job’s final conversation with his family before his death. It is possible that Job is the oldest of any book of the Bible written approximately 2100-1800 B.C. How long will the footprints on the moon last? What characteristics of an epic are shown in the story indarapatra and sulayman? How Can an Omnipresent God Be in Hell if that is Eternal Separation from God. The short answer is: we don't know. God raises question after question in this manner. It is found in the third section of the biblical canon known as the Ketuvim (“Writings”). The Transjordan was also home to the Ammonites and the Moabites. Obviously, the answers to these rhetorical questions that come in machine gun rapidity is always, “No, no, no.” God hammers away at the inferiority and subordination of Job in His interrogation. Dr. R.C. Key personalities of this book include Job, Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite, Zophar the Naamathite, and Elihu the Buzite. The book of Job is included among the wisdom writings precisely because it teaches man that pain and suffering are a mystery of divine wisdom. There is some evidence or this attribution in similar word choice and imagery between Job and passages of Moses’ Pentateuch, e.g. Dress for action like a man; I will question you, and you make it known to me” (Job 38:1–3). We also see a lively ancient tradition about a Job-figure who is always patient and never erupts in anger at God, as he does throughout the biblical version (see the Testament of Job and perhaps Jas 5:11, and compare to Job 9). 14Cursed be the dayon which I was born!The day when my mother bore me,let it not be blessed!15Cursed be the manwho brought the news to my father, saying,“A ... View more, 15and the Sabeans fell on them and carried them off, and killed the servants with the edge of the sword; I alone have escaped to tell you.”16While he was still ... View more. During or after the Exile (sixth century B.C. And to humans all around the world they are almost awefully convinced that scientific knowledge is immortal like some Christians who believe that soul is immortal. )8, h. Although the evidence does not demand a second millennium B.C. ANY OTHER manuscripts found this way would be labeled historical. Their testimony shows how hollow and shallow is their loyalty to Job, and how presumptive they are in assuming that Job’s untold misery must be grounded in a radical degeneracy in Job’s character. Arguments and Solutions are as follows:14, 1) The book is understood to be legend and a depiction of the imprisonment and eventual release of king JehoiachinBut Jehoiachin was not a righteous men and was not ever restored to his kingdom prior to his death, 2) Although the problems of suffering was severe for the nation at the time of the exile, the exile was not the only time the nation suffered, and again the suffering in the book is personal rather than national15, 3) The identification of the tempter as “Satan” was Persian, but it was also an identification under David (1 Chron 21:1; Ps 109:6), 4) The Aramaisms in the book suggest a late date, but Aramaic was used for hundreds of years before the Exile, 5) Although several passages seems to refer to a national tragedy (9:24; 12:6, 13-25; 24:12) they are not clear enough, nor particular enough to demand an exilic interpretation, 6. The foreign locale would also account for the comparative rarity of the name Yahweh in most chapters of the book. The historical period from the beginning of Western civilization to the start of the Middle Ages.    |    Privacy Policy Later he writes, Job argues from his personal conviction of his innocence which refused to be coerced by deductions from an application of traditional wisdom.