Sure! https://mycrashtestlife.com/2019/04/02/curry-sweet-potato-fries-whole30 ★☆. What is the true definition of "Optimal Health"? Place on baking sheet and put in oven for 40 minutes or until cooked. Gluten-free, dairy-free, and Whole30. Use 1½ pounds sweet potatoes and 1½ pounds of of any of the following: carrots; butternut squash; pumpkin; parsnips; cauliflower; purple sweet potatoes … I regret that I had never thought of combining curry with sweet potatoes before today! I am shocked at how delectable this dish turned out. Tag @unboundwellness on Instagram and hashtag it #unboundwellness. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Use a spiralizer to cut the sweet potatoes into noodles. Combine the sweet potatoes, coconut milk, red bell pepper, onion, chicken, curry powder, thyme, ginger, salt, and pepper in the base of a medium to large-sized slow cooker. And honestly, these fries are soooooooo delicious, that you won't even mind eating healthy. Serve hot. Join thousands of others and subscribe to the newsletter for exclusive recipes, tips, recommendations, and more! There are no beans in this recipe, so it is appropriate for paleo diets. October 5, 2018 By Kasey 7 Comments. This is a great pantry staples recipe. Or does the sweet potatoes balance out with the curry to make it not as sweet? Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chicken Curry fits the bill. So, for this recipe, I used just chicken, coconut milk, bell pepper, onion, and spices. You can refrigerate or freeze any leftovers. The air fryer directions are for the Power XL air fryer. In this time of chaos, I’m working to create even more recipes for you, especially ones that have a lot of pantry ingredients. Cover the pot and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are cooked through. Many outgoing links on Unbound Wellness are affiliate links. Your email address will not be published. Curry is a seasoning that I am not overly familiar with. Can I use light coconut milk for this Sweet Potato Coconut Chicken Curry recipe? Yes, it does change the flavor and doesn’t taste exactly like a normal curry… but it’s still a delicious substitute if you don’t eat nightshades! I bought some organic curry spice the other day after reading an article on the benefits of turmeric which is one of the main ingredients in curry powder. Keywords: coconut curry with chicken, crockpot curry, sweet potato coconut stew, Tag @cleaneatingcarrie on Instagram and hashtag it #cleaneatingkitchen. Thank you for this recipe! ★☆ Prep all of your ingredients, including peeling and chopping your sweet potatoes. Or, see my entire index of healthy slow cooker recipes. Here you’ll find a myriad of recipes and lifestyle strategies for living well. If you don’t have chicken on hand, you can substitute a can of chickpeas or black beans. I'm a wellness blogger and cookbook author sharing real food recipes and tips. Estimations do not include optional ingredients. Feel free to get creative with this recipe! For AIP, use nomato sauce and extra turmeric and ginger to taste in place of the tomato and curry powder. If you don't have a spiralizer, you can cup … This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. I live in California and have been blogging since 2009. We know these are the kinds of recipes you love and we want to do our best to serve you and your family. & get my free 3 day meal plan when you subscribe! In a separate small bowl, mix curry powder, salt and pepper. Crockpot Chicken Thighs with Green Chilis. Your email address will not be published. Can I sub with white sweet potatoes as I’m not a fan of how sweet regular ones are? This was the perfect recipe for a cold and rainy day! I don’t personally follow a strict AIP diet, but I do find that I feel better when I limit beans and certain grains. Bring … Many of my recipes are legume-free and grain-free for my fellow friends with autoimmune disease. Combine the sweet potatoes, coconut milk, red bell pepper, onion, chicken, curry powder, thyme, ginger, salt, and pepper in the base of a medium to large-sized slow cooker. My name is Cat and I have a Doctorate in Chiropractic Medicine. All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. See full disclaimer here. This dish is also Paleo, gluten free, and boasts a TON of anti-inflammatory foods! Once the liquid is reduced and the vegetables are soft, remove from the heat. It will change the flavor of traditional curry, but it’s still a delicious meal! By adding curry powder containing turmeric and curcumin, these sweet potato fries take fries to a new nutritional level! Stir to combine. Your email address will not be published. So the question therein lies, how much is enough? Add the sweet potato and cauliflower and saute for about 5 minutes to lightly soften. It tastes amazing serve with basmati rice, chickpeas, or on its own. Remove the lid from the pan and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes. 30 days of meal plans, recipes, shopping lists, lifestyle guides! I made this dish in a slow cooker, but I’ve also included how to make it on the stovetop. If you want anti-inflammatory effects you need to get 500 to 1,000 milligrams of curcuminoids per day. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Set the temperature to low for 7-9 hours or high for 6-7 hours. Bring to a low simmer and cover. ★☆ Using a large, deep pan, heat the avocado oil over medium heat. Nightshade ingredients like curry paste and tomato aren’t AIP friendly, but you can swap out the tomato for nomato sauce and use a bit more turmeric and ginger in place of curry paste. … Bring to a simmer and then add russet potato, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, lime juice and basil.