Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I have a question regarding the calorie content of a cold brew concentrate I bought at Trader Joe's and the potential impact on my fast.I bought a bottle of Coconut Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate. There’s a convienence store/gas station chain that has great coffee but again, not close to us. It seems even worse on keto, I assume the fat is aggravating. Do coffees that say they have flavors like hazzlenut chocolate have a bunch of calories? Don’t know why we got away from making our own. Store mine in wine bottles with a one ounce liquor pour gadget. Here in New Engand we drink iced coffee year round… at least my husband and I do. You can sign in to vote the answer. I have had terrible Gerd for years but have yet to give up coffee. Let’s get going so you can get doing. I’m tired of the over-priced coffee at Dunks, which is bitter more often than not. The ingredients are coffee and water but yet the carb count is 3. I was just about to make myself a cup but when I looked at the nutrition info; it says there are 10 calories per 4 fl oz serving and 2 g carbs. The ingredients are just water, arabica coffee, natural coconut with other natural flavours.I start my day with 1 cup of coffee with 1 tbls of heavy cream (50 calories) as I have seen that 50 calories is negligible and won't break the fast. 2016 and 2017 were considered by many to be the years that cold brew blossomed into the mainstream love affair it is now. Espresso (made under press) has more than negligible carbs – about 1/2g of carbs per ounce of espresso. Some brands have lower carb counts, I’m not sure what makes it have any carbs it might be the brewing process. Requires some planning and patience. Could the low carb counts in regular coffee be adding up due to the concentration? Yay! thanks for the link. I bought black cold brew from a coffee shop that was in a glass bottle, and on it, it said 21 calories per 100ml. There are 10 calories in 1 cup (240 ml) of Stok Cold Brew Iced Coffee. I’ve seen this posted online, the question that is. Your hook-up for SToK swag. We used to make it back in the sugar burner days and have just gotten away from it. turned out great and didn’t feel the acid after effects. So I love cold brew… I mean really love. It takes up a lot of space so your method looks way easier! Calories in your cold brew are likely from the coconut. Here are the facts. I was just about to make myself a cup but when I looked at the nutrition info; it says there are 10 calories per 4 fl oz serving and 2 g carbs. If you brew at home and you’re not drinking 2 pots a day, your carb count is negligible and can basically be ignored.". Cold brew coffee has on average of around 60-70% less acidity than coffee that was brewed normally.. I brew my own in a large quantity that lasts me 7-10 days. Get full nutrition facts for other Stok products and all your other favorite brands. The package doesn't have a nutrition label so I'm not sure. I need to try your method to keep the acid levels lower. Still have questions? So I love cold brew… I mean really love. However some researchers believe any calories will stop autophagy and won't even drink coffee. Several years ago I bought a huge container like hers. what would happen if someone drank an entire bottle of crystal light drink mix liquid? I use this gadget: https://www.amazon.com/Filtron-Coffee-Concentrate-Brewer-Filter/dp/B00XBCDUSI/ref=sr_1_133?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1526821151&sr=1-133&keywords=cold+brew+coffee+maker. The great comedian, Ed Wynn said, "Without your health, riches, possessions and fame are all mud." Totally agree on that whole ‘bitter’ thing ~ another reason I always make my own. We drink a lot of black iced coffee and should really be making our own. Anyone who grinds whole beans for coffee sees their oily surface (and drinking French Roast, I see a lot of oil). Should I use tea bags or instant tea in my water heater ? In that regard you are already pushing it with the cream. I was going to buy a bottle yesterday, Starbucks, black and unsweetened. Press J to jump to the feed. Possibly the "other natural flavors" as well. Agave nectar is a "natural flavour", so is honey or endless other sugars -- or are they required by the FDA to list all sugars? That is a lot of calories per 100ml of any coffee - I was thinking french roast might have a few more calories because of how oily it looks but it is insignificantly more calories. The coconut probably contributes some calories not found in black coffee. The 2020 election wasn't 'stolen.' The Pioneer Woman has a detailed plan of her own: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/perfect-iced-coffee. Thanks for teaching me something I didn't know. Shop Stōk SIGN UP. It’s a good 4-6 times as much as regular coffee. Not crazy about SB either, and I’m so far in the stick I don’t think there’s even one near me. I was a cold brew fanatic before I was a Keto Fanatic! Hey take this answer with a grain of salt, but I've seen that as little as 40 calories can kick you out of ketosis/break your fast so being that you've had 50 already it probably would break it. However, until you decide this is for you, it’s super simple to cold brew coffee in a French press or even a mason jar. Even in my geographically challenged area, local supermarkets have ‘cold brew kits’ in amongst the other coffee filters and selections. Add hot boiling water to the concentrate, deciding for myself how strong I make each cup. With the high costs of health care, how can we *afford* not to keep ourselves well? If you are fasting for weight loss the 50 calories won't stop that and the extra 10 will be ok as long as it isn't making you hungry. You are quite welcome! I never thought about adding some to hot water to it though… Sometimes I like a hot cup on cold mornings! I noticed this too when I went go buy some. Is it quicker to brew my tea in my hot water heater rather then on the stove . what is your favorite drink in the morning? Few legal wins so far as Trump team hunts for proof of fraud. The ingredients are coffee and water but yet the carb count is 3. But many people are still confused about what makes cold brew different from regular hot brewed coffee. Not much, but it's there and it counts. Went a long way towards eliminating my reflux before I found keto! Given that info, should I avoid making a cup of the cold brew since I've already consumed 50 calories?As a side note (and this might be a total noob question), why does cold brew have more calories than regular brewed black coffee? Thanks to this thread my first every attempt at cold brew coffee is sitting in the fridge and will be ready for consumption tomorrow morning. I bought black cold brew from a coffee shop that was in a glass bottle, and on it, it said 21 calories  per 100ml. The ingredients are just coffee beans and water. Really curious about this since the ingredients are only coffee and water. I started out with some freshly ground beans in my French press with cold water at night, and 8-10 hours later, had cold brewed coffee! How come there are calories in this? Get your answers by asking now. The lack of acid is a reason I won’t go back to hot brewing every morning. After reading this from you yesterday, I did the same this morning. Why does my Cold Brew coffee have calories? This is genius. The ingredients are just coffee beans and water. Why Does Cold Brew Coffee Have Less Acid . I drink it black and would like to continue cause it's way better than folders but I don't want to have a bunch of calories. I figure I use coffee beans and water and never consider there being carbs?? Cold brew 101 and how to brew your own. Personalized health review for Stok Cold Brew Iced Coffee: 10 calories, nutrition grade (A minus), problematic ingredients, and more. This is because no heat was used to brew cold brew instead, the coffee naturally dissolved into the water.. Coffee beans naturally have acidic compounds stored inside but for those compounds to be released into your coffee you need high … New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I bought a bottle of Coconut Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate. Cold brew coffee isn’t brand new anymore. Learn the good & bad for 250,000+ products. As far as the calories in cold brew, I think it's because the process of cold brewing allows a lot more of the grains to be dissolved into the water so there's more calories from the grounds floating around in there, but that's just a guess. I’ve seen this posted online, the question that is. Contact the company and ask them how they get so many calories out of coffee... How do you think about the answers? I actually already use the pioneer woman method… Ha. Denzel Washington 'safe' after smoke call at home, 'Math doesn't care about' Trump fraud claims: Official, How Va. gym managed to avoid coronavirus outbreak, Jack Nicklaus won't talk Trump at Augusta National, What 'Fixer Upper' star would tell her younger self, Blank ballots: 'I could not give my vote to either person', What Trump's defeat means for global populism. I have a question regarding the calorie content of a cold brew concentrate I bought at Trader Joe's and the potential impact on my fast. When do you drink hot tea with milk and sugar? "Brewed coffee itself is way way way low on carbs – negligible unless you’re drinking 2 pots a day. For all intents and purposes, a Starbucks Americano has zero carbs. There’s absolutely no sugar, milk, or anything added to it. Starbucks brewing method for iced coffee is to make it quite a bit stronger so the ice dilutes the coffee. This has the side effect of having slightly more carbs than standard brewed hot coffee. It’s great for over ice, and doesn’t have the same bitter quality that hot brewed coffee has. But what surprised me was the presence of protein in coffee. However… Caffè Americano To the extent coffee has carbs, it is due to the fact that espresso contains more suspended particles of the coffee ground than brewed coffee. There’s absolutely no sugar, milk, or anything added to it. I had a question about coffee that maybe you or anyone else could answer. I make my own jugs of cold brew usually so I know how much coffee goes into it. I use my cold brewed for both cold coffee (w/ ice and maybe some additions) and for hot coffee by diluting with boiling water. Looking at the nutrition label, it's no surprise that there is fat in coffee. Before you ask “why?” It is always proper to first consider “If.” Regular coffee prepared by drip, French press, or espresso has zero (0)* calories per serving.