here. 1. Bread and butter – or spreadable. 42 / 100. Simmer sauces – next time you’re in the Asian aisle, pick up packet or two of simmer sauces mix it up and get a mild one or something with a little spice. The greatest pressure facing home cooks today. This beautiful vegetarian curry will delight the whole family. A creative take on regular old chunky veg soup, the cheddar makes this one of those hearty winter recipes you’ll keep coming back to. Make it here: Chickpea Sweet Potato Peanut Curry   / Rhian’s Recipes, The best winter family meals are the ones I can chuck in the slow cooker and forget about until dinner time. Beat sugar into butter, then slowly add salt, eggs, vanilla and milk. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil plus grated cheese. A traditional braised beef stew with thick, rich gravy – an ideal recipe for cheap cuts, as slow-cooking guarantees a tender dish 4 hrs and 5 mins Easy So to help plan your week’s catering, here are some family-friendly favourites that your wallet will love as well. This is also known as Online Behavioural Advertising. Full recipe here: Macaroni Pizza Casserole  / Ann’s Entitled Life, Another casserole because you just can beat them for cheap winter meals the kids will actually eat. Recipe here: Asian Marinated Chicken Legs / Fearless Dining, Hearty winter meals using barley are a great way to keep costs down and boost nutrition at the same time. Sri Lankan Coconut & Cashew Chicken with Saffron Rice – Passage to India, Speedy Skillet Pasta Bake – Perfect Italiano, Cheesy Bacon and Mushroom Bread Bake – Perfect Italiano, Tofu and Green Vegetable Pad Thai – Passage to Asia, Frittata Caprese with spinach, tomato and ricotta – Australian Eggs. This feature contains a mix of content from myfoodbook third party content partners and our own opinions. —Amy Grim, Chillicothe, Ohio. (Quick note: lots of these recipes use the imperial measurements. Bring to the boil. Some are vegetarian which is great for staying on-budget. Get the latest posts direct to your email. See the recipe here: Tummy-Warming Beef or Veggie Casserole  / Snapshots and Snippets, Soup is one of the easiest winter meals for kids and this recipe won’t disappoint. Plus, they’ve also got double the iron of chicken breasts. I want to travel the world with my family and build wealth at the same time. It will happily hang in your pantry until you need a quick, easy and tasty dinner. Seems obvious, but don’t waste your 2 day-old loaf leftovers. Never fear. Of course when it comes to cooking on a budget, it helps to have your pantry and fridge stocked with a few essentials. Feeding your family delicious and nutritious meals can be tough on a budget. Here are our pick of the budget winter meals that will see you through the last of the cold weather. Or combine it with cheese and leftovers for a fabulous filling frypan frittata. Cook until onion is soft. Pour the mixture gently over the main pudding mix, pouring over the back of a spoon rather than directly on. Taste of Home. You have successfully joined our subscriber list. Check it out here: Delicious Mujaddara / Living Sweet Moments, This casserole rates highly on the budget meals for family scale. A NOTE ABOUT RELEVANT ADVERTISING: We collect information about the content (including ads) you use across this site and use it to make both advertising and content more relevant to you on our network and other sites. Capable cooks 0:20 Prep 1:40 Cook 6 Servings, 1 1/2 kg kangaroo fillets cubed (you can also use chuck steak). Finding family meals that are budget-friendly but delicious is a constant challenge. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. This simple recipe is easily adapted to use up any leftover veg in the fridge. This beef sausage casserole has been a family hit for several generations. Place a layer of potatoes into a casserole dish, sprinkle with garlic powder, bacon, and spring onions. Sprinkle a greased baking dish with half the biscuit crumbs, Spoon rice mixture on top and cover with rest of crumbs. © Copyright myfoodbook 2017. For the sauce, mix all ingredients in a separate bowl. I’m excited to bring you these 15 delicious, winter-warmer meal ideas. As budget family meals go, this one is right up there. Looks delish! This is the best potato bake you will ever cook; our friends rave about it and ask for the recipe — so here it is. In a medium jug, mix sugar, malt vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and self-raising flour. Bake in a pre-heated 180C oven for 20-30 minutes. Just be sure to whisk well before using again. We use leftover lamb roast and any vegetables we have lying around for this recipe. These protein powerhouses are great whisked up into scrambled eggs or an omelette. I’ve had the slow cooker out for the past week which I love because it’s such an easy way to cook, and it makes my freezing kitchen feel cosy. Add the water and whisk until smooth. Beat together well and then stir in rice. Add uncooked spiral pasta. Good old-school comfort food, like Nanna used to make. Simmer for 5 minutes. Eggs – If you’ve got a carton of eggs in the fridge, you’ve got a meal. Shredded cheese – This will keep in the fridge unopened for a while, so pick some up to make a deliciously cheesy bake with leftovers. Combine it with butter and cheese to make toasties or savoury or sweet bread and butter pudding. 2 tbs self-raising flour. Check out the recipe here: One Pot Cheeseburger Pasta Recipe / Two Kids and a Coupon, When it comes to cheap family meals, you can’t go past a casserole. This Cuban beef stew makes a delicious next-day meal, too. Add fresh tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add pasta sauce, stock, vegetables, salt and pepper. Ten fabulous family meals that you can rustle up for £2 or less per serving. So many everyday ingredients punch well above their weight when it comes to taste. See the recipe here: Hungarian Beef Goulash / Savory Tooth, One of our favourite family meals on a budget is stew,because it’s easy, cheap and lasts at least 2 meals. Use a medium-sized casserole dish. It’s a great way of using anything left in the fridge and can also be made with a puff pastry casing. Recipe here: Cuban Beef Stew  / Savory Tooth, I just love it when I find winter meals using lentils because they are super cheap and healthy. Brrr – it’s really starting to get chilly out there. Use a medium-sized casserole dish. Here are some cheap family meals to … Stir in milk together with melted butter and vanilla essence. Dried pasta – you often pick up a bag of dried pasta for as low as $1. Place in a pie or casserole dish and top with mashed potato and parmesan cheese. Bring to the boil. When casserole is cooked, spread slices of bread with French mustard. Sorry we couldn't find a match for that, please try again, Join the conversation, you are commenting as, - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -, Haas sets scene for rematch with savage post-game sledge, Player Ratings: Blues jersey is Walker’s to keep, Hillsong pastor’s mistress: ‘I was a drug to him’, De Belin’s alleged rape victim told ‘she couldn’t leave’: court, Alan Jones: Democracy takes a dive in the US. Plus it contains the word ‘pizza’, so I know I’m not gonna struggle to get my kids to eat it. So many everyday ingredients punch well above their weight when it comes to taste. Bake, covered, at 180C for 30 minutes. 2 tbs sugar *to taste. A lovely and light chocolate pudding with a deliciously decadent chocolate sauce within. Place in a casserole dish, add beer and water. Method. Place bread, mustard side up, on top of casserole and press lightly into gravy. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. My kids are going to love this. Welcome to myfoodblog, brought to you by the food loving team at Believe it. Hearty winter dinners don’t have to be big on cost to be big on flavour. I'm a mum who's passionate about building wealth and living a fulfilling life without breaking the bank. Between working full-time, going to school and raising three children, finding time-saving winter recipes that my family likes is one of my biggest challenges. I pretty much always have a spare packet of pasta in the cupboard and mince in the freezer. All of these recipes are delicious, easy to make and kid-friendly. To join the conversation, please log in. For conversion to metric go here.). Click here for the full recipe: Slow Cooker Vegan Barley Stew / Mama Likes to Cook, Marinated chicken is a winner when it comes to winter recipes for kids. 15 Free Budgeting Printables To Save Money in 2021, 28 DIY Christmas Decorations You Can Make With the Kids, 9 Benefits of Frugality That Are More Important Than Money, 85 Cheap Mince Recipes The Whole Family Will Love, 9 Cheap Ways to Make Family Meals More Filling, Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe Using Oil – Budget-Friendly and Delicious, 10 Creative Ways to Make Extra Cash for Christmas, 23 Clever Ways to Make Extra Money in Australia in 2020 (Online + Offline). Invalid postcode. You may like to double this, because everyone loves it so much! Stir to combine and pour into an oven proof dish. 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. Add mince, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, or until beef changes colour. Heat oven to 160C and grease an ovenproof dish. To serve, spoon casserole with topping onto warmed plates. Go here for more: Persian Noodle Soup with Beans and Herbs /  The Delicious Crescent, Hi, I’m Emma. Join our community and receive new recipes, inspirations, stories, videos, tips and tools all about cooking. Cheap, easy, the kids love it, and it’s a nice way to eat sausages that can sometimes be a little boring. Check out the recipe here: Vegetable Cheddar Chowder / Wanna Bite, Mince and macaroni in the same dish! You may also use whole wheat flour for this recipe. Here are our pick of the budget winter meals that will see you through the last of the cold weather. Check out the recipe here: Persian Creamy Barley Soup / The Delicious Crescent, My kids and hubby adore noodles so I’m looking forward to adding this to my repertoire of hearty winter recipes.