Incredible selection of odd materials – check out the carved duck supply section.” – Brendan Gaffney, Lois Lumber Ltd On top of this base price of $3.46 you need to consider how the rough sawn board is converted to something you can use for a project. S2S will be the cheapest and go up from there to S4S. _____________________________________________________________________, Hardware Specialties Each mirror will have (5′ + 5′ + 3′ + 3′) = 16′. 1. Join a woodworking guild or club (or search their website!) Friendly staff. This is a guide, curated to provide good locations, not a review page for every wood monger. 50 Clements Bridge Rd, Barrington, NJ 08007 1690 Frank Miller Rd, Union City, IN 47390 In the mean time, feel free to go over this article, and see if there. Priv De La Concordia 3, Los Molinos, 76120 Santiago de Querétaro, Qro., Mexico (410) 349-1705 +1 604-327-0241, “Great selection of North American hardwoods and exotics, and they let you pick through the stacks.” – Steve, “PJ White Hardwoods is one of the very few hardwood suppliers I know in the Vancouver area. They also have a very wide variety of exotic woods.” – James Forrest, “This remains the only lumberyard I’ve been to where they sold true Lignum Vitae (not an imitation verawood or the like) for reasonable prices, in sizeable pieces. Unless you have invested in an industrial planer and like to use your jointer – it usually makes sense to have your board foot purchases converted to S2S or S3S/SL1E. (207) 887-2070 … The place is huge and had everything. I have put some large end grain butcher blocks through their wide belt sander. It blew my little mind. Case hardening is rare. Their hours aren’t really set, normally it’s a call ahead 30 minutes before you arrive scenario. (860) 774-4930 Some exotics. Others don’t want the pile picked over and will “pull” it for you. Most made upon request. Also have a variety of plywood species, slabs and burls.” – JP, “Wide variety of hardwood and import exotics.” – Kelly Sprayberry, “Outstanding selection of slabs in a wide range of prices as well as a HUGE inventory exotics and other hardwoods, plywood, and veneers.” – Daniel Patillo, “This is a lumberyard in the middle of the country, but it has a great selection and good folks working there.” – Ron Whitlock, “I live in Georgia and by far my favorite lumberyard is the Woodyard in Concord GA. From Business: For more than 80 years Ace's Helpful Hardware Folks have provided reliable service, advice and products to help customers get their projects done right. 5625 Arville St, Las Vegas, NV 89118 kingmesquite.com, “I went here on a visit to Tucson, and it’s what it sounds like – a whole lot of mesquite. Thanks for you interest in woodworking lumber near me! It’s not perfect, but it’s a great start. We’re hoping to help everyone find the best wood available in their area. Remember to check board straightness. When you are done, they’ll measure up the board feet. (914) 946-4111 Fast Shipping Every Day. irionlumber.com, “Fabulous stuff including wide and figured planks.” – Rick Lapp, Spacht Sawmill Large kiln and 100″ planer. We do understand that email is not always the best way of communicating but it does help us get It doesn t matter what your skills are we aim to provide friendly service and advice. 2540 Floyd Hwy N, Floyd, VA 24091 Eg. First,  ladies. They have a good selection of the standard domestics. They have a small-ish shop with a nice selection of hardwoods and I get the impression they are happy to do special orders for anything they don’t have in stock. Great staff too; almost all are either professional or hobby (or both) woodworkers. They break down every  item of  timber  as well as each piece is  identified by a number or letter. Decent prices.” – Dave Beaton, P J White Hardwoods hardwarelumbermaui.business.site, “Large quanities of local sourced hardwoods, small and large.” – Tom Pier, High Desert Hardwood 1865 Del Amo Blvd, Torrance, CA 90501 Plus you can save yourself a ton of money converting roughhewn lumber to finished product maybe enough to justify buying that planer you ve always wanted. (413) 477-6050 SLR2E means planed to thickness, straight-line ripped and cut to width. These easy to make wooden  products  would certainly not just make you  satisfied, but it is  mosting likely to help you unleash the  innovative side of yours  also. Worth a trip of any length – but call before you drive to check hours and availability.” – Brendan Gaffney, ___________________________________________________________________, “Live-edge slabs from urban hardwoods harvested from Northern Colorado.” – The Denver Makers Group, 4355 Monaco St, Denver, CO 80216 Still, I use Rockler for everything else but this new supplier has an amazing variety of lumber and plywood, has a 10% Guild discount, and can plane/straight-line rip the lumber for me. The Best Wood Router For Beginner Passtools Com Best Wood Routers 2020 Top Picks Reviews Gui... Woodworkers Jobs Career Salary And Education Information Woodworking Careers Furniture Makin... 10 New Latest Best Diy Woodworking Gadgets Carpentar Tools 2018 5 New Latest Best Diy Woodwo... Chapter 1 The Woodworking Industry Worksheet. 1200 East Kent Ave S, Vancouver, BC V5X 2X8, Canada While some of the plans are  obsoleted,  most of the plans are  excellent quality,  described, and  easy to  adhere to. Look for the sinker mahogany and Masur birch (if there’s any left! Great slabs at great prices.” – Matt Salp, “Dwyers is great. (540) 955-9522 Favorite place to visit, even if just to look!” – Anthony Pacholek, Deano Hardwoods, LLC Each piece individually marked with a price. They’ve had a good selection of wood species and sizes both times I’ve been there. Save up to 68% on 7 issues of woodworking projects and tricks. Explore other popular Home Services near you from over 7 million businesses with over 142 million reviews and opinions from Yelpers. Didn't find what you were looking for? They mill and dry most things themselves. If you are still looking, that’s just fine. It’s also a living document – as you can see, the list has blind spots and can be improved upon. S2S: Surfaced Two Sides – planed, rough edges, Traditional hardwoods (Oak, Cherry) or softwoods (Poplar, Pine), Exotic hardwoods (Snakewood, African Blackwood, etc. In addition the people there are excellent to work with. 145 Cleveland Rd, Wheelwright, MA 01094 191 W Main St, Victor, NY 14564 The  jobs are filled with tips  as well as tricks and a  great deal of  valuable information that will  assist you  develop an  superb foundation in woodworking. (319) 377-2053 Don’t buy from the first place you call. rarewoodsusa.com, “Maybe the greatest exotic lumberyard in the Northeastern USA. globalwoodsource.com, “The staff is very knowledgeable and very friendly. It wasn’t that long ago when a  women woodworker was unusual. My shop is in Seattle – their yard is in Port Townsend. Hardwood Lumber Domestic Hardwood. The staff has been more than helpful in getting the wood the I needed for projects. (856) 547-7620 1610 Whitehall Rd, Annapolis, MD 21409 6500 National Dr, Livermore, CA 94550 This lumberyard map is the result of a long-term survey asking readers to report their favorite lumberyards. They’ve been trying to expand the stock of imports, so they don’t have a huge selection, but it is growing. YP - The Real Yellow PagesSM - helps you find the right local businesses to meet your specific needs. It is all air dried and stored outside expect the really clear stuff which is stored in a ‘conex’ box. From Business: Cashway Wholesale Lumber offers hardware and paint products. Super deals on bulk lumber straight out of the Pennsylvania hard woods.” – Wes Carnes, Dwight G Lewis Lumber Co Inc myworldofwood.com, “Their stock of slabs is unparalleled. Properly graded, straight, high quality boards. The guide seems to be  tailored  mainly towards  newbies, as  most of the woodworking plans are in the beginner/intermediate  group. There  utilized to be  2 stereotypes of woodworkers. independencelumberinc.com, “They feature many varieties and are well-versed on the species they stock, when more stock will come in, and are extremely helpful to new wood workers. Lumber by the board foot is stocked and sold rough or planed. I recommend reading through the American Hardwood Export Council’s illustrated guide to understand measurements, grades, and color sorting hardwood. 4465 OH-557, Millersburg, OH 44654 Moreover, the plans break down the specifics of a project  in a manner that may seem like  open secret for  professionals in the woodworking industry. (714) 953-4000 They have a ton of tropical and national woods. (319) 227-7017 _____________________________________________________________________, Exotic Lumber Inc forestproductsassociates.com, “This lumberyard is a treasure, family owned for over 65 years. At its simplest hardwoods are sold in either Linear Feet or Board Feet. 8428 Quarry Rd #101, Manassas, VA 20110 (847) 824-5025 We take pride in producing the highest quality kiln dried natural and live edge slabs and furniture grade lumber available. We're here to help you be successful with your woodworking projects. (801) 484-7616 (540) 745-7475 (973) 299-6100 Since smaller quantities and sizes can be easily shipped Amazon offers an unexpected wide selection. (413) 772-6833 Always some sweet figured material. wrrobinsonlumber.com, “Family run mill/yard with a long history of producing high-quality native wood products.” – Thom Sawyer, Woodery Lumber Co The Wood Yard is a friendly hardwood and specialty lumber store that caters to the furniture and cabinet builder, the home hobbyist and craftsman. Friendly and helpful and prices are good.” – Ellis Batson, Independence Lumber & Supply Good prices on milling.” – David Collinge, “For those of us in the Upper Peninsula, a Woodcraft/Rockler is at least 3 hours away, but a fine selection of hardwoods is local. It also helps if you can speak Japanese. You aren’t the first one with this question. (360) 385-7878 Competitive prices on domestics, accessible staff that have been willing to help.” – Grant Determan. Price and species posted in each section. exoticlumber.com, “Great selection, knowledgeable people.” – Drew Elias, Freestate Timbers LLC  And, as a competitive marketplace, at prices often less than specialty retailers. The staff is superb. (503) 224-9663 Woodworking & lumber from the Catskills! owlhardwood.com, “Huge selection, great prices. I grew up going here with my father, and go back whenever I’m home. Mark Jensen’s largest stock is from locally harvested domestic trees. This is a must before starting the search. Open Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.” – Steve Haines, 7470 Mason Springs Rd, La Plata, MD 20646 The plans  type of  advise me of  putting together something you  purchase from the  shop. Following this  listing  would certainly  aid you to  conserve a  great deal of money. Great guy. These places typically work with larger cabinet shops for their main business – be nice and know what you want. Posted October 8, 2017. This first search will narrow what lumberyard will work best. Home / Shop Blog / A Lumberyard Map: Find a Lumberyard Near You! (509) 525-0765 1576 300 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84115 Find sources of lumber veneer wood specialties and sawmill services. Extremely friendly and helpful.” – York Harris, Almquist Lumber 300 Basin Rd, Trenton, NJ 08619 loislumber.com, “Well sawn rough cut western red cedar and old growth fir some maple and alder. (816) 373-1710 Sue, the owner, is incredibly knowledgeable and friendly.