11 synonyms of cozy from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 30 related words, definitions, and antonyms. Delivered to your inbox! Synonyms for homey include comfortable, homely, snug, cheerful, cosy, friendly, homelike, intimate, pleasant and relaxed. If you do not agree, you can click "Manage" below to review your options. The meanings of easy and comfortable largely overlap; however, easy implies relief from or absence of anything likely to cause discomfort or constraint. the American spelling of cosy. Italian words for comfort include comfort, conforto, confortare, comodità, consolare, benessere, consolazione, comodo, sollievo and agiatezza. Nglish: Translation of cozy for Spanish Speakers, Britannica English: Translation of cozy for Arabic Speakers. started feeling comfortable in our new surroundings. While all these words mean "enjoying or providing a position of contentment and security," cozy suggests warmth, shelter, assured ease, and friendliness. See how your sentence looks with different synonyms. There was a comfortable feeling of coming home about going there again. Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright © 2013 by the Philip Lief Group. Latin Translation. 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? comfortably. Thanks for visiting The Crossword Solver. While all these words mean "enjoying or providing a position of contentment and security," comfortable applies to anything that encourages serenity, well-being, or complacency as well as physical ease. Some common synonyms of comfortable are cozy, easy, restful, and snug. 27 synonyms of comfort from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 66 related words, definitions, and antonyms. While all these words mean "enjoying or providing a position of contentment and security," comfortable applies to anything that encourages serenity, well-being, or complacency as well as physical ease. Absentee Ballot vs. Mail-In Ballot: Is There A Difference? Accessed 12 Nov. 2020. 'Nip it in the butt' or 'Nip it in the bud'? Delivered to your inbox! providing or experiencing physical well-being or relief (`comfy' is informal); "comfortable clothes"; "comfortable suburban houses"; "made himself comfortable in an armchair"; "the antihistamine made her feel more comfortable"; "are you comfortable? My room makes me feel comfortable because it is my own space. While in some cases nearly identical to comfortable, restful applies to whatever induces or contributes to rest or relaxation. It is a well-known fact that all living beings like to be comfortable. By clicking "Accept", you agree to us doing so. Find another word for uncomfortable. We'd just like to take a moment to apologise for the continued delays the site is currently experiencing. Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free! How to use a word that (literally) drives some pe... Do you know what languages these words come from? “Epidemic” vs. “Pandemic” vs. “Endemic”: What Do These Terms Mean? The place where I feel the most comfortable, and show my personality, is my bedroom. Learn a new word every day. Nglish: Translation of comfortable for Spanish Speakers, Britannica English: Translation of comfortable for Arabic Speakers. Sorry, and we hope you continue to use The Crossword Solver. Specifically, cozy suggests warmth, shelter, assured ease, and friendliness. pleasant to wear, hold, or use. Use * for blank tiles (max 2) Advanced Search Advanced Search: Use * for blank spaces Advanced Search: Advanced Word Finder: See Also in English. "cros...rd" or "he?p"). Signalez une publicité qui vous semble abusive. Je ne me sentais pas à l'aise avec cet homme étrange qui était assis si près de ma fille. If your word has any anagrams, they'll be listed too along with a definition for the word if we have one. Many employees say they would not feel comfortable asking their boss for a raise. cozy. ergonomic furniture, equipment etc is designed to be easy and comfortable to use and to produce the most benefits to the user. L'équipe menait avec une avance confortable. "; "feeling comfy now? The team had a comfortable lead in the game. Hello! Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz. Can you spell these 10 commonly misspelled words? Some of these cookies will send your data to our advertising partners. Can we count on you to read this article? being more than enough without being excessive, Post more words for comfortable to Facebook, Share more words for comfortable on Twitter. Voir la traduction automatique de Google Translate de 'comfortable'. It had the well-worn look of an old coat, shabby but comfortable. How to say comfortable place in Latin. At weekends, I always wear clothes that I feel comfortable in. WordReference English-French Dictionary © 2020: Discussions du forum dont le titre comprend le(s) mot(s) "comfortable" : Dans d'autres langues : espagnol | italien | portugais | roumain | allemand | néerlandais | suédois | russe | polonais | tchèque | grec | turc | chinois | japonais | coréen | arabe. We're working closely with our server provider and will try to get things back to normal as soon as possible. Mother Menotti did not know how she could do enough to make Rico comfortable in his own house. Il m'a fallu des années pour maîtriser le subjonctif. Can you spell these 10 commonly misspelled words? Comfort: a feeling of ease from grief or trouble. Uncomfortable: causing discomfort. COMFORTABLE 'COMFORTABLE' is a 11 letter word starting with C and ending with E Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for COMFORTABLE We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word comfortable will help you to finish your crossword today. Advertising ensures that the site free to use. started feeling comfortable in our new surroundings. Learn a new word every day. Discussions sur 'comfortable' dans le forum English Only, ⓘ Un ou plusieurs fils de discussions du forum correspondent exactement au terme que vous recherchez, Although the house was far from comfortable, As you become more comfortable with our website, Close up about something (when not comfortable), Comfortable in the laboratory and with the equipment in it, FR: I don't think I'm comfortable with (you) doing that. There, by the light of a lantern, he and Jud made Andrew as comfortable as possible. How to use comfort in a sentence. make yourself comfortable v expr verbal expression: Phrase with special meaning functioning as verb--for example, "put their heads together," "come to an end." The words easy and cozy can be used in similar contexts, but easy implies relief from or absence of anything likely to cause discomfort or constraint. Join our early testers! The words cozy and comfortable are synonyms, but do differ in nuance. adverb. Another word for comfortable: loose-fitting, loose, adequate, ample, snug | Collins English Thesaurus “Corporal,” “General,” “Sergeant,” “Private”: What’s The Order Of The Military Ranks? make yourself comfortable v expr verbal expression: Phrase with special meaning functioning as verb--for example, "put their heads together," "come to an end." (bien) s'installer, (confortablement) s'installer. 677 Words | 3 Pages. While in some cases nearly identical to cozy, restful applies to whatever induces or contributes to rest or relaxation. Singular Nonbinary ‘They’: Is it ‘they are’ or ‘they is’? ", in fortunate circumstances financially; moderately rich; "they were comfortable or even wealthy by some standards"; "easy living"; "a prosperous family"; "his family is well-situated financially"; "well-to-do members of the community", sufficient to provide comfort; "a comfortable salary", more than adequate; "the home team had a comfortable lead". We have plenty of room here, and you will have one comfortable night on the Ridge, at any rate. 3 letter answer(s) to comfortable place to sit and drink LAP move with or cause to move with a whistling or hissing sound; "The bubbles swoshed around in the glass"; "The curtain swooshed open" The words snug and cozy are synonyms, but do differ in nuance. Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). What made you want to look up comfortable? Singular Nonbinary ‘They’: Is it ‘they are’ or ‘they is’? Find more ways to say comfortable, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. Find another word for comfort. comfortable example sentences. 21 synonyms of uncomfortable from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 84 related words, definitions, and antonyms. Je me suis confortablement installé dans le canapé. What made you want to look up cozy? How to use comfortable in a sentence. Accessed 12 Nov. 2020. Although the words snug and comfortable have much in common, snug suggests having just enough space for comfort and safety but no more. Test Your Knowledge - and learn some interesting things along the way. Signalez une erreur ou suggérez une amélioration. Le week-end, je porte toujours des vêtements dans lesquels je suis à l'aise. Example sentences with the word comfortable. comfortable loco Find more words! We've arranged the synonyms in length order so that they are easier to find. While the synonyms comfortable and cozy are close in meaning, comfortable applies to anything that encourages serenity, well-being, or complacency as well as physical ease. so as to be pleasant to be in, sit on, lie on, wear, or use. started feeling comfortable in our new surroundings. We've listed any clues from our database that match your search. Aidez WordReference : Posez la question dans les forums. Can we count on you to read this article? Un oubli important ? They are probably the richest and most comfortable population of Europe at this hour. Another word for comfortable. Are you comfortable sitting on the floor? “Comfortable.” Merriam-Webster.com Thesaurus, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/comfortable. Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz. Find another word for cozy. Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). (settle into a place) (bien) s'installer, (confortablement) s'installer (adv) + v pron : I made myself comfortable on the sofa. “Cozy.” Merriam-Webster.com Thesaurus, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/cozy. 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? There will also be a list of synonyms for your answer.