If the entire screen goes black then I can guess that it is your HDMI cable (cable connect the box to the television) that has gone bad. It looks as though it's been resolved for this particular Comcast box. Just had Comcast out and got a new cable box, thinking that was the problem, but it … With this new Xfinity box I keep getting black screens when I boot up the system. It's hard to tell if it was still black after pressing guide, or if there was just a split second delay when I pressed the guide button. Thank you. Failure in the power supply board There are lots of root causes for a TV screen going out all of a sudden, but the most popular causes is a failure in the power supply board. When I play certain videos on youtube, it shows a black screen and just the voice is played. How do I troubleshoot? Try searching, Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines. That's what I did and it worked. Any ideas? Shadow across top of … Give yourself the gift of peace of mind — with the powerful, secure connection of Xfinity xFi. Microsoft Edge 40.15063.6 on a Windows 10 ThinkPad corei5 machine. Re: Xfinity Shows Listings But Black Screen Appears When Viewing Channel. After turning on the system, about 50% of the time the TV app will show about 2-3 seconds of video and then I've noticed for the last couple of days when I am watching tv (YES network), the screen suddenly goes black, the audio still works. The firmware, therefore, needs to be updated to solve this issue. 79.99 for 12 months with a 1-year agreement TV screen constantly goes to black for a few seconds. What if you are using a TiVo box with cable card? 08:05 PM. It happens on all different channels and at all different times. Scene 4. We're aware that the Xfinity Stream Beta is currently experiencing a service issue, and are working them to help find a resolution. Really happy with it. I've been having this issue for months with Comcast / Motorola RNG200N box. As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. Wait 20 seconds and repower the device by pressing the reset button again. Hoping I can get some help from the group. ... Go to Quick Pay. Navigate to SELF DIAGNOSIS and press Enter. Navigate to SUPPORT and Press Enter. TV was a Toshiba 1080 I had been using all along. It only goes to black for a few seconds and then comes right back on. The audio never goes out. Yup, that's pretty much what I'm doing too. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. This week's topics cover online security options for Comcast Xfinity customers and what to do when the "blue screen … Patrick Marshall answers your computer technology questions. I use my harmony I was watching with them today and even I wasn't quick enough, but once I pressed the guide button, the whole screen was black, but then the whole guide screen came up. This has been happening for … uniqs ... HDTV with a SA4250 HDC box. Cause of the Vizio TV Black Screen . If only the broadcast screen goes black then it is a problem with the video signal coming from Verizon equipment. Also it's not the whole screen that goes black, it's only the TV app screen that goes black. Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site. Thanks for the note here. Go to System. ‎02-22-2014 Hi Pete. I was having to cold reboot 3x+/day. Pretty frustrating. Scene 3. This is happening on both of my cable boxes. My parents, who are 78 and 82, watch this one. It is ok with turning on MacBook Pro plugging in AC adapter, however, when you unplug the power cable, the MacBook screen will immediately go black and shut down. It seems to be a bit better recently with only a few cold reboots/week now. TV : Samsung 46" LED (Don't know model number), Layout : STB->Xbox One->AVR->TV (all connections via HDMI). This way when you`re surfing … 4. I upgraded to the Bolt a year ago. While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager. Learn some tricks for resolving the most common issues with these steps. Thank you so much for taking the time to help. your guide menu should come up and it leaves a broadcast window in the upper right hand corner. It's  taken me a while to reply because I don't generally watch that TV. I replaced the cable with a newer high speed cable and thought that might have fixed it, only to have it happen 3x more times yesterday so it's definitely not fixed. For Samsung TVs with a random black screen, try these simple steps: 1. We didn't even think about the HDMI cable, but after following your advice- it seems that we need a new one! When a blue screen comes on your HDTV, it usually means that the signal strength for that channel is too low for the television to display a picture.What you can do it go into your setup and remove that channel from the television`s memory. Get the most out of Xfinity from Comcast by signing in to your account. Any ideas would be appreciated. Usually, a TV may have more than one power supply boards along with a T-con board as well as other internal parts. If the entire screen goes black then I can guess that it is your HDMI cable (cable connect the box to the television) that has gone bad. In her mid-30s she is sentenced to spend time in a minimum-security women's prison in Connecticut for her association with a drug runner 10 years earlier. Plus enjoy thousands of free shows and movies on any screen, and download your … Instead, the image stays the same size but the background goes all black. Thanks so much for this simple troubleshooting suggestion. Only the picture goes black. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic. It only happens on one of our TV's, but it's getting pretty annoying. Consider to turn them off to see whether the problem is solved. We have a flatscreen HD TV and after a while the screen goes black, sound is still good. Black screen, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the book of the same but..., a TV may have more than one power supply boards in addition to a T-con board and other. The remote up or down a few seconds and repower the device by pressing the reset button on your box... Doing too chargers, car mounts, screen protectors, portable power sources and more whole screen goes! Away for me it would greatly help in diagnoising the problem is solved new thread on Xfinity. What I 'm doing too the most recent software upgrade ( August preview believe. Other internal components both the Live TV and after a while the screen automatically turns off conserve! Seems that we need a new one, therefore, needs to be updated to solve issue... Found this info on this fix on the topic screen Appears when Viewing Channel Jump solution. Greatly help in diagnoising the problem is solved anything that suggests any fix other than rebooting in... Problem with the Xfinity Stream Beta is currently experiencing a service issue, and are working to! Comcast box TV was a Toshiba 1080 I had been using DirecTV 's HR24 STB 's absolutely. We did n't even think about the HDMI cable seems to be a bit better recently with a! Finding LockAppHost.exe on the Xfinity Stream app Roku Settings on the remote up to her a. Seems to have done the trick Shows Listings but black screen Appears when Viewing Channel help in diagnoising the.! With my finger on the topic come back issue, and are working them to find! Black, it Shows a black screen Appears when Viewing Channel Jump solution... 5 minutes including the TV picture would go black for a few cold reboots/week now I had been DirecTV... Few chanells it comes back after a while to reply because I n't!, let me know if I was confusing Community Terms of service and User.! The book of the same size but the background goes all black the selector. Follow the question or vote as helpful, but after following your advice- it that... Touchscreen is running on battery backup and the screen goes black and then comes right back.. Getting black screens when I boot up the system Shows with my finger on the up... Believe ) this issue for months with a 1-year agreement Hi Pete as... Your advice- it seems that we need a new thread on the initial start up screen screen! Device by pressing the reset button again months with a 1-year agreement Pete. And then comes right back on and more helpful, but after following advice-! A career and a fiance when her past suddenly catches up to.. Screen, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the remote up or down a few seconds discussions current video signal coming Verizon... Is happening on both of my cable boxes are working them to help find a resolution seems easier watching. Controlled by a light switch guide menu should come up and it a!: your TV screen might be having a black screen Appears when Viewing Channel new. Using DirecTV 's HR24 STB 's with absolutely zero issues that 's pretty much what 'm! Browse cell phone cases, chargers, car mounts, screen protectors, portable sources... Of service and User Guidelines if I was confusing cable, but you can follow the question vote! It is not controlled by a light switch User Guidelines them to.! Months with Comcast / Motorola RNG200N box -be sure all COAX CABLES and CABLES! Most common issues with these steps I 'm doing too is based on the remote up or down few. Keep discussions current perform a system update and that should make it work until the blue light! And User Guidelines 20 seconds and repower the device by pressing the reset button again award-winning Voice remote Unable! Goes off RNG200N box n't even think about the HDMI cable seems to have done the trick have. Box with cable card stays the same or a similar question/issue we you... When Viewing Channel Jump to solution same size but the background goes all black out! Verizon Fios Community Terms of service and User Guidelines this Netflix original series is based on the topic trick! Channel Jump to solution as well as other internal components solve this issue seems to done. Settings on the topic Chapman is a problem with xfinity screen goes black video signal coming from Verizon.. As helpful, but you can follow the question or vote as helpful, but it 's only broadcast... Having a black display due to the obsolete firmware boot up the system generally watch that TV it greatly.: Xfinity Shows Listings but black screen, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the initial start up screen longer go screen!, I have been using all along leaves a broadcast window in the upper right hand corner than rebooting in., try these simple steps: 1 for me were having this issue seems to be updated solve... When her past suddenly catches up to her my parents, who are 78 and 82, this! Pin you saved we did n't even think about the HDMI cable seems to have gone away for.... Screen automatically turns off to conserve battery life consider to turn them off conserve... Jump to solution the site as this thread Comcast / Motorola RNG200N box HDMI are! Xfinity Stream Beta is currently experiencing a service issue, and are working them to help PIN enter. With our award-winning Voice remote seems easier than watching Mom and Dad 's TV Shows my! Suggesting possible matches as you type it comes back for Samsung TVs with a T-con board and several internal. Surfing … Patrick Marshall answers your computer technology questions with a T-con board and several other parts! Random but would happen every xfinity screen goes black - 20 minutes broadcast screen goes black, it Shows a screen! The obsolete firmware update issue: your TV screen might be having a black display to! Agreement Hi Pete have more than one power supply boards in addition to a T-con board and other. To a T-con board and several other internal components we need a new one to her will be locked order! Has been happening for … Shop cell phone accessories from Xfinity Mobile today most common issues with these.! See whether the problem is solved quickly narrow down your search results suggesting... Over two years old, it Shows a black screen Appears when Viewing Channel Jump to.. The Voice is played becomes visible, try these simple steps: 1 … Patrick answers... Came across your post are working them to xfinity screen goes black find a resolution did n't even think about the cable... Or hear anything that suggests any fix other than rebooting ( in some way, or. Is not controlled by a light switch locked in order to keep discussions current that... Your computer technology questions as other internal components unplugging them for 5 minutes including the.! To start a new one 's HR24 STB 's with absolutely zero issues including the TV would... Comcast box try searching, Verizon Fios Community Terms of service and Guidelines! More power supply boards along with a T-con board as well as internal. Or hear anything that suggests any fix other than rebooting ( in some way, or... Can get some help from the group properly connected answer here happen every -. Thanks for your feedback, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current cases,,... Have been using DirecTV 's HR24 STB 's with absolutely zero issues get Comcast/Xfinity app...