This is the second time I've ordered a modem from their compatibility list only to find that it wouldn't work with my service. It had very poor performance. The Centurylink ZyXEL C3000Z DSL modem/router works wonderfully with Centurylink. It has been used for couple days, everything is better now. I normally have always had a Ubiquiti Amplifi Router (various Asus & Apple ones before that) but in my testing I'm really super impressed with the c3000z they gave me for the $10/mo (or buy it of course). You're good on all fronts with the C3000Z, friend. Maybe I am just lucky, but at day 2 I am impressed. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. If you have vdsl, then you need to use that at least in modem mode only. However if you want to do any security configuration, MAC filtering, connect a USB device for network storage, change DHCP; then you should look elsewhere. As long as you find a router that can utilize both of those things above, there's no reason to use their C3000z. Streaming TV was good, Laptop Google search was good, cell phones good, and I rant a speedtest that showed max download and upload. Since CL uses fiber via an ONT, it's simply a router that can handle: PPPoE and VLAN ID. I previously had an ActionTec combined DSL modem/WiFi router from CenturyLink and frankly it was marginal at best. It has all the features I need and more. My area is older and only supports VDSL2 up to max 40mbps (I have the slower option of 20mbps). Thanks for the comprehensive analysis! My only gripe is that reserving IP/MAC addresses takes longer than usual for DSL modems. Why is this? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I've been pretty blown away with all the provided unit offers. I upgraded from the 40/5 and with that i was getting 20-25 max down. ZyXEL C3000Z Modem Looks like a new generation modem with AC2350 WiFi is out, data sheet site is unavailable but in the help section, looking at the "Resources Section " … The Zyxel C3000Z is a high-powered DSL Modem featuring gigabit Ethernet, Dual-Band AC2200 Connectivity, VDSL2/ADSL2 with vectoring and much more! It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. That router they give you is absolute ASS. letmebehealthy, I would like to go down the path you specified of just using a higher quality router to connect to the CenturyLink DSL service. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Then the WiFi Radio stopped working. Hey feel free to PM me. Fingers crossed it keeps humming along, but so far... Wow! All running across 20mbps service. After installing and configuring this new modem/router, I am seeing zero (that is ZERO) latency ! The ZyXEL C3000Z was one of the modems recommended by CenturyLink. Hey, I don't know if you'd have any insight into this, but I have this router, all four ethernet ports are connected to the wall, and I'm trying to connect the Phillips Hue Lighting kit to one of the ports. There's a problem loading this menu right now. If you have already Century Link and want to upgrade, this is the way to go. ZyXEL C3000Z is $180 more expensive than an average modem ($89.99). Because of this, we recommend this model for users who require stronger signals over a larger area of coverage with 12+ devices. You'll only need an aftermarket router if you're dead set on moving to the new 802.11 X standard that's starting to roll out. Honestly you don't actually need an aftermarket router, because most to all features on aftermarket routers are already there. Having just moved to a new location, I needed a modem to go with my new DSL high-speed service. Warning, when CenturyLink tells you they can give you 80M, that's not necessarily what they mean. I just updated my internet from ~60 to the 100 package, and they gave me this modem. Note: Normally I like to buy these sorts of things, but given that I wasn't sure if I would stick with CL when first switching over, I thought I should just wade in rather than dive in. I was about to drop Centurylink but the alternatives weren't great so I'm glad I followed his advice. This modem is truly a powerhouse! It is very easy setup. I have all my DHCP reservations setup, as well as QoS for my VOIP phone.. 0-100 scale indicating how frequently people buy the product online. Reviewed in the United States on April 29, 2018. I was also told by one of their honest techs that their routers are marginal at best. I have the same exact stuff you do, same plan. Press J to jump to the feed. The ZyXEL C3000Z is a combination modem and router. We are hope this modem would change situation for us. Reviewed in the United States on September 24, 2018. Reviewed in the United States on November 4, 2018. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. The data presented is for information purposes only. When I tried configuring DHCP away from the well known 192.168.0.1, you loose internet connectivity! It's not clear why router manufacturers think everyone wants colorful, confusing graphics in their menu systems; but here we are. Reviewed in the United States on January 18, 2019. We went around and around and finally had someone explain that our speed tests will never show anywhere near 80M, but with two bonded lines, we will see 40M on both.