Router Configuration to switch to -I set the Zyxel into Transparent Bridging Mode, save settings, device restarts.-Already have my PPoE credentials entered into the TP-Link router.-Connecting from LAN1 port of the Zyxel to the WAN port of the TP-LINK, then power on the router. But besides this Standard Configuration, many Zyxel Routers can be setup in Bridge Mode and Transparent Mode. For Fiber services, you may also need to enable VLAN tagging (201). Checksums (both IP and TCP/UDP) must also be rewritten to take account of Bridge mode may be required if you wish to use a different router on your connection, with the ZyXEL acting as a modem. Two boxes that are each dedicated to doing their own job. configuration is very simple and need no special setup, I do not explain this mode in The Zyxel configuration is again very simple, which can handle the PPPoE authentication. We turned off the radios in the C3000z and put it in Bridge mode and plugged it into the Nighhawk, Everything works like it did before only now I have 80mb instead of 40. This configuration is useful if you have a DMZ and a Router/Firewall *I've tried connecting both devices on LAN1 ports and confirm I can connect to the Zyxel in Bridging mode over the wireless network through the TP-Link router, so I know the cable is good. No MAC address spoofing necessary, no custom config, just entering credentials and a few reboots. Router. In the Standard Mode, no extra Router / Firewall is I will give that a try tonight. No need to enter anything for DNS servers. With the modem no longer in bridge mode its DHCP server happily assigned my computer an IP address. configuration is very simple and need no special setup, I do not explain this mode in Even holding the reset button in will clear most of your other settings (like your PPPoE login credentials), but for some inexplicable reason does not clear bridge mode! from the Internet Service Provider. (a Router/Firewall or your PC) to use that can be configured for PPPoE authentication. DMZ - This is the Public Network, which This setup was working great for me for several months, but suddenly about a week ago quit working. I have DSL service through Centurylink with a ZyXEL C1100Z DSL modem set to transparent bridging mode and an ASUS router handling login credentials, routing, and everything else. It worked for me... hopefully it does for you too.. Great! Just had the C3000z installed yesterday with the same situation.. as in the Standard Mode. which can handle the PPPoE authentication. Reply to this message with "stop", New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the HomeNetworking community. the Default Gateway. We also welcome product reviews, and pretty much anything else related to small networks. | Visit r/mentionhelper for discussion/feedback | Want to be left alone? Usually Zyxel Routers are used in Standard Mode, which means that the Router handles everything for you such as PPPoE, NAT and Routing. in the Zyxel doc) you have the same advantages as in the bridge mode, but you do not need Once completed, you may bridge the modem and then add your configured router. private network to access the Internet using a single public IP address. Checksums (both IP and TCP/UDP) must also be rewritten to take account of Router/Firewall. In the Standard Mode, no extra Router / Firewall is Is there some trick to getting connected to Centurylink ADSL with a 3rd party router? One quirk of the C1100Z VS previously Centurylink DSL modems I've worked with is that this particular model did NOT automatically pull my login credentials from Centurylink and the tech who did my install had to manually enter them into the modem configuration page. (in the Example 192.168.1.0 / I then used the Orbi to do the PPPOE login. as the modem and router, and my speeds dropped considerably because it wasn't powerful enough to do PPPoE and hit the gigabit speeds. The Public IP-Address (93.251.44.193) is now on the traffic through a router that involves re-writing the source and/or destination IP through. HomeNetworking is a place where anyone can ask for help with their home or small office network. In this example we present the this very useful mode. The HSZ is directly connected the Zyxel Router which gets its Public Address Connect your PC to one of the 4 LAN ports on the PK-5001z via an Ethernet cable. I don't think I tried the PPoE settings as untagged traffic either now that I think about it, but hopefully I don't need to go that route anyway. a Router/Firewall that is able to do the PPPoE authentication, the Zyxel Router can do it I got it connected finally. If you want to use the TP-Link as the modem, you get rid of the Zyxel altogether and connect straight to the fiber terminating box (upon which you would need the 201 VLAN). addresses and usually also the TCP/UDP port numbers of IP packets as they pass Most systems using NAT do so in order to enable multiple hosts on a traffic through a router that involves re-writing the source and/or destination IP Once I had made those changes I was able to connect to my modem settings page at 192.168.0.1 and have all the time I needed to muck around in there (noting that even after the reset procedure described above it was still in transparent bridging mode). the Default Gateway. The Zyxel Router handles (VDSL), Setup the PPPoE authentication (User, Password, By all accounts, the TP-Link router has PPoE mode and all the rest, so it should work. through. Cookies help us deliver our Services. For me, it truly was no more complicated than putting the modem in bridge mode, selecting PPPoE on my router (and entering my @qwest/@centurylink login details), and then rebooting everything a couple times until it worked.