Or play on the computer endlessly. They left all that they had to come and follow Christ. www.kanap.org The unchanging nature of God and his unchangeable word are real things on which we can stake our life. The transition might be moving from one country to another, changing jobs, getting married, promotion, starting new business, going to the mission field, God’s call, going to a new school, pregnancy, terminal illness, retirement, divorce or anything that brings change from the normal routine. When she saw that she was stedfastly minded to go with her, then she left speaking unto her.” Ruth We don’t like change either. And take a look at the disciples. Your eyes will see the King in His beauty;They will behold a far-distant land. It is a rock big enough and strong enough for us to build a house on it, and an anchor big enough and strong enough to hold our souls in the midst of life’s waves and storms. Anyone who does not like change is going to have a lot of trouble in this life. Confuse, O Lord, divide their tongues,For I have seen violence and strife in the city. Because we don’t see the big pictures of our story, plot twists often seem like ideal reasons for us to panic. The Bible predicts and warns us about widespread apostasy in the end times (2 Thess. Are you adequately prepared like Moses? (I promise to eat right the rest of this week to compensate for last evening!). What if all the changes were too much for my family? Tear down your father’s altar to Baal and cut down the Asherah pole beside it. They blew their trumpets and broke the jars that were in their hands. 10 Things the Bible Says about the Mark of the Beast, 10 Things Everyone Should Know about Jehovah's Witnesses and Their Beliefs, How to Tell if Your Struggles Are from You, God, or Satan, Modern Day Heroes - Today's Insight - November 11, 2020, 6 Healing Lessons from America’s Veterans. “Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Download a PDF of the Bible Study: Facing the Unknown – Terrifying Transitions. end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it When I heard my parents had moved, for instance, I could see reasons to worry from all sorts of fascinating angles. God blessed her super Ask again what students find scary about transitions. I’ve flipped through different cultures, worked in different provinces, and switched legal addresses three times. As we all encounter major changes in our individual lives, and as the world around us continues to change, we need a place to find hope. In your transition, remember that the in-between place is not the destination. Am I not sending you?”, 15 “Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but how can I save Israel? What are you praying? The Lord gives the command;The women who proclaim the good tidings are a great host: that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; “For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. For Permission to Quote Information visit http://www.lockman.org. The history of black-white hostility in America may leave us with little optimism about healing. Because of these truths, when everything in life seems flipped upside down, we can say with the psalmist, “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. When the urge rises within you, talk to Him more, then be quiet. When the elders address the congregation in a few weeks to encourage us and layout goals for the upcoming year, they're going to ask us to change. Therefore, I will always be ready to remind you of these things, even though you already know them, and have been established in the truth which is present with you. LCMSU “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isa 55:9, 2. There are invaluable lessons we can learn from the scriptures. The same is often true for us, as adults. That’s an important reminder in times of transition, for major changes can often lead to major loneliness. This is what Abraham did. And because his word never changes, his promises for us remain true: For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Him. There the Lord told him, “Separate those who lap the water with their tongues as a dog laps from those who kneel down to drink.” 6 Three hundred of them drank from cupped hands, lapping like dogs. Some of those changes will feel like a tiny ripple, and others feel like a ten-foot wave. Don’t look back with nostalgia, project ahead. Be strong and of a good 8 Bible Verses to Help You Cope with Change Find encouragement in God’s Word as you navigate life’s transitions December 20th, 2018 Amy Pacanowski Bible Blog We’ve all heard that change is good. “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. In all these hardships, however, God had a plan. When you do, settle down there and live in those passages. And maybe, change can help us learn to do just that. through. abundantly because she clung to Him during the time of transition. Besides, the eternity-focused lives He calls us to mean way more than investing our hearts and souls into scrounging for earthly things He already knows we need. One of the hardest transitions one can make is moving from one’s country, family and father’s house to a foreign land. You can follow her stories and get connected at www.patriciaengler.com. Or overeat. So, our Lord was saying, “Get specific. He is also far more capable of caring for us than we are. We tend to be so afraid when we are not sure what’s coming or what people will think of our actions. 10 Day Thankfulness Challenge to Prepare Your Heart for Thanksgiving, Be Thankful for People - Thanksgiving Devotional - Nov. 10. And since there was no laughter in my life at that time–for obvious reasons–I went to Plan B. especially if one has been away for a long period of time. We lose jobs, relationships end, and churches transition or split. What can you do to make a difference, however small, in someone’s life? Are there people in your life who can provide help and advice during difficult times? Be open and flexible to God’s plans, purposes and surprises in your new season. Do not assume you will recall it later; write it in the book. 10 Things the Bible Says about the Mark of the Beast, 10 Things Everyone Should Know about Jehovah's Witnesses and Their Beliefs, How to Tell if Your Struggles Are from You, God, or Satan, Modern Day Heroes - Today's Insight - November 11, 2020, 6 Healing Lessons from America’s Veterans. But no matter what changes we face, we need not fear. The future is like today to Him. Get your thoughts in the book. Or perhaps the greatest transition template of all: Jesus Himself. There is hope for those going through traumatic transitions like Ruth. One Scripture that helps us understand God's approach to change is Deuteronomy 7:22: "The Lord your God will drive out those nations before you, little by little. The Lord God almighty is omniscient (all knowing) and omnipotent (all powerful). Lesson and Verses: Kick off the Bible focus with a brief video clip: show students a scene from a movie that shows preparation for battle. The lesson is particularly relevant to students moving from elementary into middle school, but can be adapted to suit other age groups as well. Using the wood of the Asherah pole that you cut down, offer the second bull as a burnt offering.”, 27 So Gideon took ten of his servants and did as the Lord told him. -Judges 7:19-21. California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Grasping the torches in their left hands and holding in their right hands the trumpets they were to blow, they shouted, “A sword for the Lord and for Gideon!” 21 While each man held his position around the camp, all the Midianites ran, crying out as they fled. What to do in the meantime? Where are all his wonders that our ancestors told us about when they said, ‘Did not the Lord bring us up out of Egypt?’ But now the Lord has abandoned us and given us into the hand of Midian.”       -Judges 6:11-13. Change, then, is a reminder that we aren’t yet home. If these special friends live nearby, meet one or two for coffee when you can. Human life is full of transition. He needs healing.” But the question was not to us. Luke 8:22-25 Now it came to pass on a certain day, that he went into a ship with his disciples: and he said unto them, Let us go over unto the other side of the lake. Bible Study: My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me? It’s a sure thing. If transition is the word of the hour, humility is the path to peace.